Deals at Blockbuster - Norwalk, CT

Atreadon

CAGiversary!
I don't know if anyone who reads these threads lives anywhere near Norwalk, CT, but I happened to be by there recently and noticed that a Blockbuster has a number of decent and recent used titles for sale. There was a pretty good selection of Xbox, PS2 and GC stuff....I believe they had at least four copies of Soul Calibur 2 for PS2 at $19.99. In fact I don't think I saw anything that was more than twenty bucks.

Almost everyone seems to have an opinion on getting games at Blockbuster, but they do have a 30-day money-back guarantee, and if it's the manuals that anyone is worried about....well, if you look hard enough you can find most manuals on the internet. Personally, I've had good luck buying used merchandise from Blockbuster.

Anyway, just thought I'd toss this out there in case anyone lives near there.

Espicially when it's a buyy 2 get 1 deal. I always get the manuals here in NY. I didn't know there was a problem.

yea, i have missed many manuals buying used games missed klonoa and beyond the beyond buying through blockbuster

I live right next to Norwalk, but I dunno if I'm gonna drive 20 minutes to go to Blockbusta'. Hell I was too lazy to drive to the circuit city over there when those price drops were still in effect.

Ive never had a problem buying game from them either. They do have the 30 day guarentee, like previously mentioned, and also, dont be afraid to ask for the manuals...sometimes, they actually do have them laying around. Also, feel free to ask to see the disc before buying it. If its all scratched up, pass on the deal. But if its in good condition, then go ahead and grab it.

I have two buy 1 get one half off coupons but i went today(coupon effective today) searching for KOTOR but I found nothing of interest except SC II(xbox and ps2)

At the Blockbusters here in Burbank they had a pretty nice choice of games for $19.99 including THUG and SC II for all systems. I did have to return my copy of THUG however because the game refused to load up past the intro song. I've had good experiences with used games from BBuster before this so i am not going to let it get to me.

I love hitting Blockbusters (there's four in my immediate area). None of them enforce the 30 day guarantee. They've all told me that as long as you have your receipt they'll swap them out within any reasonable amount of time. They're also pretty good about letting me go through every copy to find the one in the best shape and with a manual. I've even found a bunch of games that came out the week before that looked completely unused, and when combining those with the Buy 2 Get 1 Free deals they run like once a month, it's a great place to do some shopping. As long as you don't mind their stupid Blockbuster boxes...

I to have had great luck on the preplayed games at blockbuster.

The cases for PS2 and Xbox and Cube can be ordered or picked up on ebay...

I have also seen the original cases new at Toys R Us for like .25 each. So the cases should be no problem.

I have no idea why people have gripes about getting a preplayed cd its not like they go bad in a short time or something and most are pretty scratch free.

[quote name='Snake2715']I have no idea why people have gripes about getting a preplayed cd its not like they go bad in a short time or something and most are pretty scratch free.[/quote]

I don't mind buying PO games from EB or GameStop, but I kinda fear Blockbuster because I've had to take back many, many games/DVDs that I rented because they were too scratched to work. And I'm sure after I took them back they were reshelved without any thought of being cleaned/resurfaced.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']
I don't mind buying PO games from EB or GameStop, but I kinda fear Blockbuster because I've had to take back many, many games/DVDs that I rented because they were too scratched to work. And I'm sure after I took them back they were reshelved without any thought of being cleaned/resurfaced.[/quote]

I used to fear Blockbuster too, but when they had the buy 2 get 1 free deal in December, I couldn't pass up getting Rebel Strike, KOTOR and Conflict desert storm 2 (all priced at 19.99 each, so $40 for all 3!). I got manuals for two of them and they all worked fine. Obviously the newer the game, the less its been rented so the less wear is on it. But I bet if you bought an older game like Halo from them, the CD would be scratch city. :roll:

I buy quite a few games from Blockbuster "used." A lot of times they put the manual behind the cover art. If the manual looks new and the case as well, it's about as new as a "used" came gets. I've been able to pick up games like Outlaw Beach Volleyball ($6) and Madden ($35 a week after release) at their used prices and the games are absolutely brand new. No scratches or anything at all. If the manuals look new along with the case, chances are the game either is brand new or as close to it as you can get.

The best buy I've gotten there was a mint Starcraft 64 for $10. Complete with box and manual.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse'][quote name='Snake2715']I have no idea why people have gripes about getting a preplayed cd its not like they go bad in a short time or something and most are pretty scratch free.[/quote]

I don't mind buying PO games from EB or GameStop, but I kinda fear Blockbuster because I've had to take back many, many games/DVDs that I rented because they were too scratched to work. And I'm sure after I took them back they were reshelved without any thought of being cleaned/resurfaced.[/quote] Just ask to see the discs before you buy it, that's what I've always done.

bread's done
Back