Deals for cheap Blu-ray players?

i don't know of any deals on top of my head but i can tell you now that alot of people here will tell you to spring for a PS3.
And i agree with that.

[quote name='supraazn']i don't know of any deals on top of my head but i can tell you now that alot of people here will tell you to spring for a PS3.
And i agree with that.[/quote]
I would, if I could, but it's out of my price range, unfortunately.

To be honest, I doubt I'll find anything in my price range, but it's worth a shot.

actually thats why they will suggest a PS3 because most stand alone players will be close to the price of the 40gb ps3.
I've heard that the ps3 is on par with the best stand alone players too.
Plus it play games.
Much more bang for about the same price.

I think that the cheapest (and imo the best deal) is the 40gb PS3 which with the Sony Card will get it for $299+tax. Sometimes they will actually give you $150 off instead of $100 off with the card. That's just off the top of my head, not sure of any other deals.

If your lucky, it is possiable to get the Samsung 1200 player for $92.97+ tax.
That is if
A: you have a Sears near you.
B: They still have any left, as these model #'s are on clearance at Sears.

Check best buy and circuit city for open items. I got the sony S300 (for me bedroom) from best buy open item but in brand new condition for $199.99. It just so happened at the time they had a promotion of 5 free movies in store and 5 free by mail when I bought it so I got 10 free movies as well.

Yeah, 100-200 dollars is more what I'm looking for.
I'll definitely have to check out Sears, BB, and CC tomorrow to see if they have any of that.

Keep in mind if you buy a $100-200 blu-ray player it might not be as good as the PS3. It might not even be able to play all blu-rays. You should really just get a PS3. Also, if you can't afford a PS3, how are you going to afford blu-rays? =P

[quote name='freshzen']Keep in mind if you buy a $100-200 blu-ray player it might not be as good as the PS3. It might not even be able to play all blu-rays. You should really just get a PS3. Also, if you can't afford a PS3, how are you going to afford blu-rays? =P[/QUOTE]

Consumer bug bit him. I get like that where I just need something.

Thus spawned a 50" HDTV. lolz

[quote name='chex20']I think that the cheapest (and imo the best deal) is the 40gb PS3 which with the Sony Card will get it for $299+tax. Sometimes they will actually give you $150 off instead of $100 off with the card. That's just off the top of my head, not sure of any other deals.[/QUOTE]

I'm a cheapass with the rest of ya, and this was the BEST way to get a blu-ray player. only other thing I'd recommend is getting a USB to IR device for it (http://www.schmartz.com/product.sc?categoryId=1&productId=2)

it may not be a deal breaker for some of you, but having a harmony all in one remote, (that I can't live without anymore) and the PS3 doesn't support IR out of the box.

I still have yet to play a PS3 game on this, lol, but it plays movies great! and when some games worth owning hit the ps3, I'll be ready!

The current batch of standalone players, that are 1.0 spec, should be hitting the clearance rack pretty soon as the 1.1/2.0 players start hitting the shelves this spring/summer.

Also, all of these players will play all the blu-ray movies just fine it is just that these 1.0 players will not be able to access some of the newer special features that some current discs and most future discs will use. The move itself will still play fine, you just won't be able to use all of the bonus features.

At this point your best buy, IMO, is a PS3. The upcoming 1.1/2.0 spec players are going to be much better overall performers than the current batch of standalones so I wouldn't even bother with one unless you can get a massive discount on it, like under $100. I've got a few 1.0 players and I honestly couldn't recommend buying one at this point with the much better players coming just around the corner.

bread's done
Back