Deals on DESKTOP RAM? Newegg prefferred.

This thread inspired me to finally upgrade from 256MB to 2GB. I put it off long enough, by golly! :lol:

I decided on this. They have a free shipping promotion until 12/31, and a $40 mail-in rebate offer. Beats Newegg by a long shot, but unfortunately I still got nailed with CA sales tax. Still, I think I found a good deal for an impulse buy.

[quote name='Javil']This thread inspired me to finally upgrade from 256MB to 2GB. I put it off long enough, by golly! :lol:

I decided on this. They have a free shipping promotion until 12/31, and a $40 mail-in rebate offer. Beats Newegg by a long shot, but unfortunately I still got nailed with CA sales tax. Still, I think I found a good deal for an impulse buy.[/QUOTE]

Good god! DDR1 is that expensive now?!

[quote name='Vinny']Good god! DDR1 is that expensive now?![/QUOTE]No kidding! I wish I had the mobo that supports that $25 RAM that Minger posted, but nooo... :razz:

BTW, OP, if you're not sure what kind of RAM your mobo is compatible with, Corsair has a really convenient Memory Configurator (upper-right).

Bleh, if your mobo doesn't support DDR2, you might as well upgrade now; ram prices are going to go back up soon for DDR2 when DDR3 kicks in...bleh.

Oh well...otherwise...I'm sorry if you have to buy the DDR1 ram. expensive...

[quote name='Vinny']Good god! DDR1 is that expensive now?![/QUOTE]

Yup. I could get 4GB of DDR2 after rebate as cheap as I could get 2GB of DDR1. The exact reason why I'm upgrading.

[quote name='Minger']Bleh, if your mobo doesn't support DDR2, you might as well upgrade now; ram prices are going to go back up soon for DDR2 when DDR3 kicks in...bleh.

Oh well...otherwise...I'm sorry if you have to buy the DDR1 ram. expensive...[/quote]
It could be worse. At least he doesn't have to use RAMBUS.

EDIT - I'm currently running 4GB of G.Skill RAM. It isn't the absolute cheapest you can get, but they've been working great for me and apparently they overclock pretty well.

[quote name='Javil']BTW, OP, if you're not sure what kind of RAM your mobo is compatible with, Corsair has a really convenient Memory Configurator (upper-right).[/QUOTE]

Tag for converter use later. Thanks Javil for the link.:D

bread's done
Back