Deals on Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (PS2) and/or Phantom Brave (PS2)?

Kidtrunks1128

CAG Veteran
I know it's extremely unlikely but I thought I'd ask. I want both extremely badly and I was just wondering if there's a way I could cut costs a bit.

The only thing I can think of so far is the Best Buy Gamer Gift Card. Although I also find it highly unlikely that Best Buy will carry either game.

Anyway, just wondering. Any info would be great.
Thanks.

frys may have a possible deal this weekend so keep a lookout...

if your gamerush hasnt received them yet, like mine, try using the preorder coupon and get it for less than $10...

I got my Phantom Brave from estarland, they carry it for $44 but their shipping starts at $4 (though its priority mail). Only worth it if you spot a few other good deals there to justify the shipping. Plus I traded in 2 CC games that they were giving fairly high trade in value for (not anymore).

I just want to mention.. everyone knows how to use color in our posts.. we don't do it because it looks rediculous (and more carnival-like)... like many others here, I didn't even read your post and just skipped over its irritating color. Just use the normal color and all will be good in this world.

Just so you know, I didn't even bother reading your post. I just saw your name and decided to not even read it. I'm sure whatever you said wasn't worth reading.

Let me check.

Yup! I was right. Like a child you were unable to answer the freaking question and instead you responded on my font color. Wow. "Cheap ass gamer"? Perhaps. But if you take out the "cheap" and "gamer" I think it would be a much more befitting description.

Once again old school cheap asses alienating the noobs by being asses. Why cant you just ask nicely "please dont use that color its too loud?" Instead you have to be immature and talk about how you ignored him for it.

Note to old school cheap ass gamers : were losing alot of noobs cause you guys are being dicks.

But maybe you dont care....but if you really like this site...then being a dick is something you dont want to be...I've heard alot of noobs are leaving here and going to "cheapassgames.com" because they'res less dicks.....Lets not make the other site cooler when were the original shit...

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Once again old school cheap asses alienating the noobs by being asses. Why cant you just ask nicely "please dont use that color its too loud?" Instead you have to be immature and talk about how you ignored him for it.

Note to old school cheap ass gamers : were losing alot of noobs cause you guys are being dicks.

But maybe you dont care....but if you really like this site...then being a dick is something you dont want to be...I've heard alot of noobs are leaving here and going to "cheapassgames.com" because they'res less dicks.....Lets not make the other site cooler when were the original shit...[/quote]

You know what, when its the sort of noob that feels necessary to do things like a. post in color and b. respond with a smartass reply like he did.. good riddance. We've gotta weed through this influx.. more noobs is not necessarily a good thing.

And if they can't take a little jibbing, hell with em.

cool....and remember that cheapy pays for the server time for this site by people buying shit with the links here. So sure....maybe its not a good thing...the less money cheapy makes the better....in fact, maybe the only people cheapy needs on this site is the remaining 30 CAG assholes. I'm sure the site would last long then.

http://www.vgtalk.com/ is starting to look better and better these days.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']cool....and remember that cheapy pays for the server time for this site by people buying shit with the links here. So sure....maybe its not a good thing...the less money cheapy makes the better....in fact, maybe the only people cheapy needs on this site is the remaining 30 CAG assholes. I'm sure the site would last long then.

http://www.vgtalk.com/ is starting to look better and better these days.[/quote]

We get alot of noobs here, and many of them become quality members of the community. However, we get alot that are more bad than good... now if they all stick around and piss off all of the regulars, so we all leave.. is that good for Cheapy? The regulars are the ones that are here constantly and will click on links daily.

And are you threatening to leave? Is that supposed to sadden us? I don't quite get what the point of that last comment was.

Its the fact that you were so childish to be a dick just cause he used a color, and then you had the right to talk about his smartass reply....you couldnt of just been nice, you just were a total dick. I get tired of all the oldschool gamers here trying to have a dick swinging contest with every Noob. Lend a help hand and the community will thrive, dont and it will die. Cheapassgamer.com depends on the people here to survive...if you like this place, then do something good for it....not be a dick to every new person on the scene.

The only deal I've seen for the SF:AC is the trade 3 fighting games and get it for free at GameStop. No clue if that was only for preorders...

Also, EB B&M has the more you trade thing going on. Managed to trade in a handful of 01/02 sports games and wound up with $28 trade-in credit...

i thought the kid's smartass reply was kinda funny

what was off with his OP, other than the font color? he used proper english, he was clear in what he wanted to ask, and he wasn't rude about it. shoot, he even said thanks ahead of time. did the sight of color text really make you wince?

i'm with you in saying that welcoming all noobs to any forum isn't necessarily a good thing, but if you're a dick by default, you turn away potentially good posters...

and everyone was once a noob

Yes its in the bestbuy ad for 29.99 (24.99 with gamer gift coupon)

but the xbox version is suppose to be able to play ONLINE.

So i might be holding out for xbox version instead of ps2.

I dunno if this thread is still following the intended subject or has been hijacked so the regulars can hash out their issues...

but in any case, I would also like a deal on Phantom Brave, if possible the Limited Edition with the extra soundtrack. I got like $30 in giftcards at Target, but I'll get Star Ocean III with those since Target doesn't seem to carry the LE for Phantom Brave.

Thanks for any assistance

You know what, we all know how to quote so don't do it. Each quote contribues to the forum looking like a carnival; lively and full of color. I don't want that. I perfer that this place bear the semblance of my head; empty and not a single valuable thing in it. Therefore, I am telling you not to do it because I am a jerk and my argument is predicated on, well, grounds that are about as solid as your verbal diarrhea. Do not quote.

In addition to the above comment, I would like to add that my "smartass" comment was in RESPONSE to YOUR "smartass" comment. Anybody with the intelligence of a low grade moron can infer that first person to make a "smartass" comment was you. In other words, you instigated this argument. Trolling and flaming, the quintessence of any "noob".

Another sign we can turn to in order to identify a "noob" is a lack of respect for his peers and others who contribute to the board. That is, someone who exhibits behavior that is not in accordance to the customs of the forum. You are one of them and your peers would concur.

If anybody here is a "noob" that needs to be weeded out, it's you pal.
You read the damn title of this topic which was all that was required for you to be in the position to post pertinent information in repsonse. Yet, for some reason, you purport to have not read anything of importance in this topic and thus were unable to respond. Oops! So much for your "I didn't even read anything" comment.

Let us make a clear distinction between "noob" and "newbie". A "noob" is as it has been defined above. A "newbie" is someone who is new to the forum, yet acts in accordance with the customs and respects his peers.

And clearly, as is evidenced by this post, I can do more than "jib", I can friggin tango, tap dance, and fox-crap all over your face.

Now, to everybody else, I didn't think there would be many deals on SF:AC, too bad. It's the first I heard of the gamestop deal, problem is, I actually like my fighters. I wonder if Target will make some huge blunder and sell the game for $10 or something. Oh well, here's to hoping!

[quote name='Kidtrunks1128']
You know what, we all know how to quote so don't do it. Each quote contribues to the forum looking like a carnival; lively and full of color. I don't want that. I perfer that this place bear the semblance of my head; empty and not a single valuable thing in it. Therefore, I am telling you not to do it because I am a jerk and my argument is predicated on, well, grounds that are about as solid as your verbal diarrhea. Do not quote.

In addition to the above comment, I would like to add that my "smartass" comment was in RESPONSE to YOUR "smartass" comment. Anybody with the intelligence of a low grade moron can infer that first person to make a "smartass" comment was you. In other words, you instigated this argument. Trolling and flaming, the quintessence of any "noob".

Another sign we can turn to in order to identify a "noob" is a lack of respect for his peers and others who contribute to the board. That is, someone who exhibits behavior that is not in accordance to the customs of the forum. You are one of them and your peers would concur.

You read the damn title of this topic which was all that was required for you to be in the position to post pertinent information in repsonse. Yet, for some reason, you purport to have not read anything of importance in this topic and thus were unable to respond. Oops! So much for your "I didn't even read anything" comment.

Let us make a clear distinction between "noob" and "newbie". A "noob" is as it has been defined above. A "newbie" is someone who is new to the forum, yet acts in accordance with the customs and respects his peers.

And clearly, as is evidenced by this post, I can do more than "jib", I can friggin tango, tap dance, and fox-crap all over your face.

Now, to everybody else, I didn't think there would be many deals on SF:AC, too bad. It's the first I heard of the gamestop deal, problem is, I actually like my fighters. I wonder if Target will make some huge blunder and sell the game for $10 or something. Oh well, here's to hoping!
[/quote]

Huh... quite an asshat for a noob.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']Yes its in the bestbuy ad for 29.99 (24.99 with gamer gift coupon)

So i might be holding out for xbox version instead of ps2.[/quote]

when i went to pick up my preorder street fighter ann. collection for the ps2, i heard the guy at gamecrazy say the xbox version is being delayed a whole year! he got a notice from corporate to tell all the xbox preorders that they can't pick it up until 9/1/05! now that's crazy!

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='Ivanhoe']Yes its in the bestbuy ad for 29.99 (24.99 with gamer gift coupon)

when i went to pick up my preorder street fighter ann. collection for the ps2, i heard the guy at gamecrazy say the xbox version is being delayed a whole year! he got a notice from corporate to tell all the xbox preorders that they can't pick it up until 9/1/05! now that's crazy![/quote]

No, that's incorrect, it's delayed until January 11, 2005, according to Gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/streetfighteranniversarycollection/

(release date on top of page)

[quote name='scsg75'][quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='Ivanhoe']Yes its in the bestbuy ad for 29.99 (24.99 with gamer gift coupon)

when i went to pick up my preorder street fighter ann. collection for the ps2, i heard the guy at gamecrazy say the xbox version is being delayed a whole year! he got a notice from corporate to tell all the xbox preorders that they can't pick it up until 9/1/05! now that's crazy![/quote]

No, that's incorrect, it's delayed until January 11, 2005, according to Gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/streetfighteranniversarycollection/

(release date on top of page)[/quote]

hehe, a gamecrazy employee that doesn't know what he's talking about!? say it ain't so! lmao! he was probably just hyping the fact that i was lucky to be getting the ps2 version at that moment. :x

Yeah there are SOO many clueless employees at gameshops.
its truly amazing.

Its fun to walk around them as they try sooo hard to explain things to dumb more clueless customers.

lol

Anyone else get a kick out of that or just me?

lol

same thing with computer sales guys.

i know for a fact that target will be carrying it. we get a weekly update on what should be coming up to put on the new release row, so we can print the labels early. sf anniversary is one of them... but i haven't received them yet.

[quote name='Cornfedwb'] Just use the normal color and all will be good in this world.[/quote]

I have no probs with the color of his posts I think if no one wanted to see it or even if cheapy did not want to see it he would not allow it on the site so basically he has done nothing wrong just took an adavantage of one of the many options of expressing himself instead of making his own avatars or sigs he did something that no one really does.

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Kidtrunks1128']

[/quote]

Huh... quite an asshat for a noob.[/quote]

I dunno, your original response to his post was kind of...actually...it was pretty asinine.

You could have just requested him not to use the colors.

bread's done
Back