Deals On video cards?

decimalstinger

CAGiversary!
Anyone have a deal on a sorta older video card(not Really old, but a couple years old)
I need something with about 128MB+, PCI express 16x, and hopefully $125 or less.
Because integrated graphics suuuuuuck.

Splurge a little and see if you can find an 8800gt.

They're having a 20% off all game accessories at Dell.com- I just picked one up for ~$220 shipped after taxes.

I second the 8800GT. I got in on the Dell deal as well, came to $214.86 shipped for an MSI overclocked (660 vs 600 stock) card that includes two games (supposedly 'Dirt' and LOTR online). Going to return the BFG OC card I got from Best Buy even though it is a good card as well but I paid a little over $240 for it.

Can anyone link to the 8800GT from dell? I searched and it said not available and I will shit my pants if I can buy it for that much.

[quote name='cdietschrun']Can anyone link to the 8800GT from dell? I searched and it said not available and I will shit my pants if I can buy it for that much.[/QUOTE]

Hope you don't make too big of a mess!

Yeah we know the 8800GT is the best video card for the money but its still like double what he's willing to pay. It doesnt seem to me that he's an avid PC gamer that requires an awesome card, he just wants something decent, and the 8600GT is the best deal for him, it's cheap, and it'll perform way better than his intergrated graphics which is all he wants.

Also what you guys aren't considering is that if he has intergrated graohics his PC must be some store bought PC (like HP/Compaq, Acer, eMachines, Dell, etc...) and as such probably has a crappy power supply, the 8600GT will not draw too much power, but the 8800GT requires a direct connection to the power supply on top of the power it's drawing from the PCI Express slot on the motherboard.

bread's done
Back