Deals on X-Box 360 Controllers?

Kakita Kaiyo

CAG Newbie
So, thanks to Steam Big Picture, it seems like it's time to finally get a 360 controller for my PC. Now for a few questions:

a) What is a good price for a 360 controller these days (new and/or used)?

b) Does anyone know of any good deals?

c) Any other advice regarding game controllers and PCs?

Thank you!

[quote name='Kakita Kaiyo']a) What is a good price for a 360 controller these days (new and/or used)[/QUOTE]
For an official wired 360 controller, you're looking at... say, $40 USD new.
That said, pick your poison.

Best Buy - $39.99 USD (free shipping)
Amazon - $34.31 USD (free shipping)
Bu--Rakuten Shopping - $32.24 (free shipping)

Rakuten Shopping (formerly Buy.com) is legit, by the way; I grabbed my Soul Calibur V TE arcade stick from them about a month ago.

If you're looking for something cheaper and PC-only, the Logitech F310 gamepad will run you about $25 brand new. Best Buy offers free shipping.

[quote name='Kakita Kaiyo']b) Does anyone know of any good deals?[/QUOTE]
'Fraid not, unless you wanna count the discounted items above as deals.

[quote name='Kakita Kaiyo']c) Any other advice regarding game controllers and PCs?[/QUOTE]
Please keep in mind that some PC games (usually most older titles) don't play nice with Xinput. If you decide to go with the F310, you can simply switch from Xinput to DirectInput via a switch on the back of the gamepad.

For a standard Wireless Xbox 360 controller and if you have an AMEX card and a Twitter acct you can get one for $29.99 + tax.
Details below:
To be eligible to purchase the Product:

(i) you must have an American Express Card that is synced with Twitter (see sync.americanexpress.com/twitter for more details on how to sync your Card);
(ii) you must Tweet using #BuyXboxController;
(iii) you must receive a response message from @AmexSync asking you to Tweet the #ConfirmXboxController;
(iv) you must confirm your purchase and authorize American Express to charge your Card by Tweeting #ConfirmXboxController;
(v) you must receive a response message from @AmexSync confirming successful purchase; AND
(vi) you must receive a confirmation email from American Express stating that the product has been purchased successfully, including all purchase details.

Tigerdirect I believe has them for $29.99 + $.99 shipping. That or PM it at best buy. The newegg with SH:D is still the best deal I think if you can get rid of SH:D for $10 or so.

bread's done
Back