Deals on Zune?

It's out. You try and use that CC coupon for 40 dollars off any 200 dollar purchase. Also on bestbuy.com I think they're giving away a free case with a purchase.

[quote name='Thongsy']It's out. You try and use that CC coupon for 40 dollars off any 200 dollar purchase. Also on bestbuy.com I think they're giving away a free case with a purchase.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Circuit City -
$40 off coupon, but some are saying they may not be honoring it anymore.. it's sold out all over town because of the 40 coupon. I bought one there on Wednesday. You also get a free $15 prepaid card to get 65 songs when you buy an MP3 player.

Best Buy -
As mentioned, they're giving away free cases. If you get the leather one (which I picked up today with Zune #2) it's a $30 value. Well worth it, as it's a nice case with a belt clip and magnetic clasp.. and it brings it down to about the same as the CC deal (if you were buying a case).. and if you have a Reward Zone card, you can get double reward zone points with a coupon.

Target -
Not sure if they're still doing it, but they were giving away $25 gift cards with every Zune purchase.

[quote name='Cth']Yup.

Circuit City -
$40 off coupon, but some are saying they may not be honoring it anymore.. it's sold out all over town because of the 40 coupon. I bought one there on Wednesday. You also get a free $15 prepaid card to get 65 songs when you buy an MP3 player.

Best Buy -
As mentioned, they're giving away free cases. If you get the leather one (which I picked up today with Zune #2) it's a $30 value. Well worth it, as it's a nice case with a belt clip and magnetic clasp.. and it brings it down to about the same as the CC deal (if you were buying a case).. and if you have a Reward Zone card, you can get double reward zone points with a coupon.

Target -
Not sure if they're still doing it, but they were giving away $25 gift cards with every Zune purchase.[/QUOTE]

awsome... anyone have links with the coupon for CC? I played around with the zune demo units and really like them. I can't stand getting an iPod since everyone on earth seems to own one.

[quote name='xghostsniperx']I wouldn't bother getting one. It really is a mediocre mp3 player. Try a Zen Vision M or bite the bullet and get an iPod.[/quote]

Why get an iPod over a Zune? What are the pros and cons? There is no support for what you are saying.

I've never used an iPod, but we have a demo Zune in the store I work at. The Zune has a bigger screen for watching videos, the same amount of storage space at the same price, as well as a built in FM tuner. Please explain why the iPod is such a better MP3 player.

I have a friend that has a Zune and I own an Ipod. The thing that I think seperates the two is the feature of using it as an external hard drive. Zune is also not compatible with Mac (probably will be down the roard). Not a lot of third party accessories. Those are just some cons about the Zune I can think of. Of course the Ipod has it's flaws. Easy to scratch, no radio feature. It's just what you prefer.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']how'd you do that?[/quote]

it was because my bx had it for $125 . it was originaly 250 but 50% off. i bought 2. one for my myself and the other for my sister

[quote name='boyboy1080']it was because my bx had it for $125 . it was originaly 250 but 50% off. i bought 2. one for my myself and the other for my sister[/QUOTE]

wow... lucky guy.

[quote name='m_que01']I have a friend that has a Zune and I own an Ipod. The thing that I think seperates the two is the feature of using it as an external hard drive. Zune is also not compatible with Mac (probably will be down the roard). Not a lot of third party accessories. Those are just some cons about the Zune I can think of. Of course the Ipod has it's flaws. Easy to scratch, no radio feature. It's just what you prefer.[/quote]

Mac compatibity will probably get fixed down the road, but most people have PCs anyway so that isn't much of an issue. Accessories will come down the road. And I was under the impression that it could be used as an external hard drive?

[quote name='boyboy1080']it was because my bx had it for $125 . it was originaly 250 but 50% off. i bought 2. one for my myself and the other for my sister[/quote]

who is bx?

[quote name='m_que01']I have a friend that has a Zune and I own an Ipod. The thing that I think seperates the two is the feature of using it as an external hard drive. Zune is also not compatible with Mac (probably will be down the roard). Not a lot of third party accessories. Those are just some cons about the Zune I can think of. Of course the Ipod has it's flaws. Easy to scratch, no radio feature. It's just what you prefer.[/QUOTE]

There are ways to turn the Zune into an external hard drive, they are quite simple too. There are probably also ways to get it to work with a Mac but I never looked that one up.

I just know turning a Zune into an external hard drive was one of the first hacks anybody ever accomplished with it.

I'm looking to get one under $200 mainly... I am tired of using my bulky PSP + Playgear case while listening to music... Plus, the Zune is the first MP3 player I've had some time with that I liked alot.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']are these places nationwide or not even?[/quote]

you would need a military id to get into a air force base. and the deal was only 1 day

bread's done
Back