Deals to get Super Smash Bros. Brawl Cheap!

quadomatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I figure I'm not the only one that wants to save some cash buying Brawl on launch. I figure we should compile all the coupons and deals that can be used to get the game cheap on launch.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171563
-10% off Coupon for BestBuy
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171110
-10% off Coupon for Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp
-20% Trade in Bonus towards SSB:Brawl at Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172792
-Trade in 2 select Wii games, get Brawl for $9.99 (trade in 2 copies of Heatseeker, $10 to $15 each at Circuit City)
http://www.strikebang.com/showthread.php?p=35273#post35273
-$10 off $50 at Play-Asia.com

Buy 4 copies of Pimp My Ride for $30 and trade in to GameRush for $60

Please contribute!

[quote name='jdough']Picked it up at Circuit City, and as usual there was mass confusion, as I tried to purchase the guide and the game. I had preordered the game (so I got the giftcard), but they couldn't get the guide to ring up 50 percent off. They finally worked it out by manually charging me 10 bucks for the guide. My total (minus the giftcard) was like $38, and I gave my card to girl. She ran it through, I signed and was out of there.

When I got home, I glanced at my receipt before I pitched it. It says that my card was only being charged for $0.74. The sale hasn't posted on my account yet, but I might have just paid $5.74 for the guide and the game ($5.00 preorder and .74 cent pickup).[/quote]

Incredible. I hope this sort of 'deal' happens to me during Black Friday. ;)

Just got back from Bestbuy with my copy. They WOULD NOT take the 10% coupon posted here, saying Brawl "Didn't fit the description". So I don't know if the cashier was just a moron, and the coupon could be YMMV with games, or this applies to all.

Oddly enough, when I got Smash Brawl and Circuit City they gave me 10.77 (77 cents more than usual) for the gift card. I assume I'm the only one who here who's experienced that.

I also got Smash Brawl at Toys 'r' Us so I could get Zack and Wiki for $15 so I'm probably going to sell my extra copy on eBay.

[quote name='Poison Eggroll']Oddly enough, when I got Smash Brawl and Circuit City they gave me 10.77 (77 cents more than usual) for the gift card. I assume I'm the only one who here who's experienced that.

I also got Smash Brawl at Toys 'r' Us so I could get Zack and Wiki for $15 so I'm probably going to sell my extra copy on eBay.[/QUOTE]

I got $10 GC plus 82 cents. Kinda wierd.

I had my $10 CC gift card, with $15 already paid on it with the 10% off gamers discount thing.. then I had CC pricematch the TRU deal.. but they let me pick any game off the rack for 50% off! I was going to get Zack and Wiki.. but the cashier didn't give a shit so I got Zelda. With my $10 GC applied an all discount, I got Smash Bros AND Zelda for less than $65. NOT BAD AT ALL!!

[quote name='EmreNU']Thanks to those who pointed out the TRU deal. Picked up Brawl and Zack & Wiki for ~$68 OTD.[/quote]
Your welcome and I did the same thing.

This is partly why I don't pre-order anything unless there's a deal involved that I can't pass up.

I went to one of the Sam's today while I was in that area (Houston, TX / Dunvale) and not only did they NOT have SSBB, but their games section was horrible overall.

Sams clubs did a midnight launch company wide with wii systems and minimum of 50 copies of the game. So if they didn't have it know you know why.Also as a side note that price is good throughout the entire chain as well.

Got Super Smash Brothers, Zack and WIKI and Saving Private Ryan DVD for about 67 shipped (this was with the 20 dollars off 80 bucks at Buy.Com)

I think it is a good deal.

2 Brawls + MySims + Sonic & Mario Olympics.

Came out to $160.45. Two of the games are Bday gifts, so it concludes my bday shopping for a month. Yay.

[quote name='VictimofGrief']Picked up my brawl today for $12.99.

$32 trade in ( 2 Wii games + extra $10 credit)
10% Coupon on here

Lovin' it so far.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if im wrong but isn't it trade 2 wii games and you get brawl for $10

Hrm, given that EB won't get any Brawls back in for a good long while most likely, my plan to trade in 2 Wii games for the deal will not work. Ugh.

[quote name='VictimofGrief']Picked up my brawl today for $12.99.

$32 trade in ( 2 Wii games + extra $10 credit)
10% Coupon on here

Lovin' it so far.[/quote]

HAHAH lol you are a victim you got scammed because they had a trade in deal of 2 wii games get smash bros for $10.

[quote name='panasonic']HAHAH lol you are a victim you got scammed because they had a trade in deal of 2 wii games get smash bros for $10.[/quote]

I believe it was only certain Wii games that qualified for that deal. Not every game would work.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']I believe it was only certain Wii games that qualified for that deal. Not every game would work.[/quote]Yeah basically the best games for the system (Mario Galaxy, Metroid, Zelda, etc.). I don't think you could trade in two copies of "Bee Movie" or "Disney Princesses" and get the deal lol

Sold 4 Wii Games[Mario and Sonic, Truama Second op, SUper Monkey Ball, and Rayman Raving Rabbids] got $20 bonus and 10% extra on edge to get 90. Used the money for Brawl and kept the rest for later =)

Would Best Buy pricemath Brawl right frome Sam's Club website because it's listed as 43.66 on there, or are they going to give me crap because you have to pay to shop there and it isn't a "real" store.

[quote name='icecreamandcows']Would Best Buy pricemath Brawl right frome Sam's Club website because it's listed as 43.66 on there, or are they going to give me crap because you have to pay to shop there and it isn't a "real" store.[/QUOTE]

No, BestBuy doesnt pricemwatch websites, and you also need a Sams membership to get those prices.

//edit//
Forgot, people in California, if you got the $10 gc with brawl pre-order from CC. You can redeem the giftcard for cash.

I got it for $3.75 at gamestop

Trade in 2 Wii Games(Resident Evil 4, Rayman Rabbids 1)

That brought it down to 8.15(if u have the edge card u get the 10% even with the deal)

Then i traded in Sims Urbz for Ds $4.00+.40 (edge)=$4.40

8.15-4.40=3.75

So then for the remaining 3.75 i attempted to trade in Catch Me if You Can and i was told gamestop's dont take DVD's anymore

[quote name='anthonyd46']I got it for $3.75 at gamestop

Trade in 2 Wii Games(Resident Evil 4, Rayman Rabbids 1)

That brought it down to 8.15(if u have the edge card u get the 10% even with the deal)

Then i traded in Sims Urbz for Ds $4.00+.40 (edge)=$4.40

8.15-4.40=3.75

So then for the remaining 3.75 i attempted to trade in Catch Me if You Can and i was told gamestop's dont take DVD's anymore[/QUOTE]

Yup. They're clearing 'em out w/ their B2G2 or B2G4 promotions... Dunno why actually - they give so little money for them and sell them at such a mark up that even w/ B2G1, they were making a decent profit.

With that and the removal of PC games, they might as well name themselves ConsoleStop instead.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I just noticed GS screwed me over :/
They didn't use my coupon, and the guy took it.
fuckers :/[/quote]

This happened to me the last two times I tried to use a coupon at GS. Either their employees are badly trained beyond belief or this is some extremely shady practice. At least they did correct their mistakes when I brought the games back in, though I would have to produce new copies of the coupon.

[quote name='EmreNU']Thanks to those who pointed out the TRU deal. Picked up Brawl and Zack & Wiki for ~$68 OTD.[/quote]
Got SSBB and free $10 gift card from Circuit City. Plus got them to price match the TRU ad and got Zack & Wiki for $14.99. Also, picked up the SSBB guide from Fry's for $9.99. All for a grand total of $70.33, counting the GC.

[quote name='rapsodist']This happened to me the last two times I tried to use a coupon at GS. Either their employees are badly trained beyond belief or this is some extremely shady practice. At least they did correct their mistakes when I brought the games back in, though I would have to produce new copies of the coupon.[/quote]

Yeah.
Gonna go in soon.
Been to lazy.

It was like 2 in the morning, so I didn't check my receipt.

Picked mine up for $43 and change (before tax) at Sam's Club.

I wasn't too concerned with getting the absolute best deal so I stopped by Game Crazy on the way home from somewhere to pick it up (since it was on the way home). Guy asked if I had a pre-order and I told him no. He replied that the only way he could sell it to me was if I pre-ordered some other game. I told him that I'd be picking it up elsewhere, as I would with the rest of my purchases. Never again Game Crazy, never again.

[quote name='panasonic']HAHAH lol you are a victim you got scammed because they had a trade in deal of 2 wii games get smash bros for $10.[/quote]
haha that is a rip off. All I did was go to my local best buy on sunday, there was like no one there, at 11am. And I got the game, ended up spending only 17 bucks, had a 25$ gift card and 10$ reward points, and then I tried to use the coupon on the first post of this and the lady said it didn't work with video games...

When I picked up Smash Bros. on Monday, the guy had no idea about the $10 gift card even though I had my receipt. He called his manager, and after almost 10 minutes, they finally figured it out. I figure my trouble was worth about a dollar a minute.

After I got the gift card, I left the store, went back in and bought the last copy of Genji for PS3 for $10 and some change with the card.

Darklighter, did you get a gift card with your copy from CC? I just recieved mine today too but no gift card =( I guess it is a mistake on their part.

Keep It from GameFly + 10% off + 5 GameFly Dollars = $35.71 shipped.

Which looks like a pretty sweet deal for a new game (assuming you're the first to rent your copy) until you factor in the monthly membership cost. :/

[quote name='iHabNoTeef']Darklighter, did you get a gift card with your copy from CC? I just recieved mine today too but no gift card =( I guess it is a mistake on their part.[/quote]
The send the gift card separately. It should have mailed out out the same time you pre-ordered Brawl. I got mine two weeks ago.

Since I couldn't find Heatseeker, I was kinda screwed. Instead, I traded in a bunch of PS2 games that I had no interest in and had no hope of selling online (outside of eBay, which I don't care to use), with 25% bonus credit, as well as a couple DS games that I couldn't sell, both of which sucked. I managed to get about $25 credit. I used a 10% off coupon on Brawl and used the trade-in credit, bringing the cost to be about $23 after tax.

Not bad I guess.

While good sales were hard to find on Smash Bros. at launch, I'm grateful for all the threads dedicated to deals (such as this one and the weekly ads from speedy). They helped me with my plan of attack last night, when I picked up two copies of Smash Bros. Brawl for $80 plus tax and got a free $10 gift card to boot, all at a local Best Buy. YMMV?

The details:

Okay, so the current Best Buy coupons include 10%-off from the USPS web site as well as one for a free $10 gift card when buying Smash and any other $39.99-and-up game. But then I heard about the $20-off deal at Toys "R" Us for two Wii games $19.99 and up. Price-matching that at Best Buy seemed like a good idea as I had a gift card of my own to use there, so I brought the Sunday ad from TRU and got the PM without any hassle, needing to pick up a game for both me and a friend.

What was surprising was that the customer-service rep then handed me the $10 gift card from the current Best Buy Smash Bros. deal as well. I didn't ask for it and was unaware that it (automatically?) applied in-store, so this was an extra bonus for buying SSBB new. Whether this can be easily replicated or not is unknown, but I guess it couldn't hurt to try. Getting each copy of Brawl for essentially $35 after taxes and (gift-card) credits really made my day.

**Please note:**

I'm really not interested in scanning and posting a receipt for this transaction; I simply wanted to share if it helps anyone else get a similar deal. If something like this has already been posted, I apologize. And if this post seems more like it belongs in the bragging/whatever forum, so be it. Just couldn't keep this to myself.

the local gamestop had a used copy of Brawl; it was in pristine shape and all documentation included in awesome condition. sticker was $44.99 and was able to get it for $35.99 after 10% coupon and edge discount. Hell, if not liked I can probably trade it back in for more than I bought it for (assuming a $35 trade in value, which very well may not be the case + 10% edge bonus), or worse case scenario I have 7 days to return for refund/store credit.

I got a similar deal to dpac but without working so hard or price matching. Just thanks to stupid CC CS reps.

Got SSBB for $29.99 plus tax. I doubt this will be easily repeated but idk.

First off let me say that I did nothing other than pre-order it at CC.(deal with $10 GC)
Also let me state that I DID NOT HAVE MY PREORDER RECEIPT Then I went in today to pick it up(i was out of town for release) and I went and grabbed the last copy off the shelf. I then went to CS and asked if they could bring up my order from my card that I purchased it on and she said "yes."

She then said that since they did not have any games "behind the counter" that she couldn't do it normally. OKAY? She had to refund my card the $5 i put on for pre-order then sold me the game that I grabbed. I asked her about the $10 GC and she said should could just apply it to the game purchase, I then showed her my gamer savings card.
The saving came when she went to do the math(in a normal everyday 4 function calculator), She looked at the refund receipt for the preorder and it showed that i owed them "$44.99" because I put the $5 down. She then took 10% off and then the $10 GC to bring it down to $29.99(idk how it is not $30.5) She then said I would have to pay $29.99 and I looked at her and just "okay"

She then entered the price (i am guessing an override) and then scanned SSBB.

I walked out of there as fast as I could without looking suspicious.

So thanks to CC CS rep lack of math skills I got it for $29.99.

BTW, if you couldn't tell, EXTREMELY YMMV

bread's done
Back