Dear god I LOVE Japan!

[quote name='Gameboy415']

Not really. But many games have English voice acting! I picked up the 3D Altered Beast game for PS2 and the entire story (cutscenes/voice acting) is COMPLETELY in English! WOO! I hear Kingdom Hearts Final Mix has all english voices too, gotta find a copy.....

Keep the questions coming kids! It keeps me entertained during my MANY breaks at work! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Wow it really is?! Man i wanted it to come out here i was pissed when it was canned. How much did you pick it up for?

Also how much do new games really cost over there? Is it 50 bucks for a DS game like jump superstars and naruto rpg DS? Or do imports shop really make a killing off of us?

[quote name='js1']Do many japanese game have english menus? or subtitles?[/QUOTE]
Very, very few.

[quote name='Weedy649']Also how much do new games really cost over there? Is it 50 bucks for a DS game like jump superstars and naruto rpg DS? Or do imports shop really make a killing off of us?[/QUOTE]
They average about $45-$65 dollars, with portables games being on the lower end. Certain titles, like that Dr. Mario/Panel de Pon, may be released at a lower price, of course.

I think Mother 1+2 was 4800 yen when it was first released... but it was worth every penny. Err, yen.

[quote name='Weedy649']Wow it really is?! Man i wanted it to come out here i was pissed when it was canned. How much did you pick it up for?

Also how much do new games really cost over there? Is it 50 bucks for a DS game like jump superstars and naruto rpg DS? Or do imports shop really make a killing off of us?[/QUOTE]

I wanna say Altered Beast was about 2600 Yen used (but mint) which is about $28 or so. Not too bad.

And I picked up Jump Super Stars the day it came out for 4400 Yen (on sale, woo!), or about $45ish, but it came with a free postcard BOOK that sells for $20-25 on ebay.

I wanna say the Naruto game costs about the same. The highest price I've seen on a DS game is 4600, and that's for brand new games. New PS2 games are between 4000 and 7000 yen, depending on what kind of game it is.

OH! That reminds me. I picked up the Fatal Fury Mark of the Wolves set for Ps2 (came with a big Neo Geo Stick 2) for only 4400 yen ($45ish)!! It was marked 7800 yen ($80 or so), but the guy talked to his manager or something and then changed it to the price of JUST the game! WOO HA!

Also keep in mind that most import games are from Hong Kong, where the price is a bit cheaper. Just to just you an example, here are some deals from a B&M store in Hong Kong in the begining of July

HK$7.78 = US$1

Preoder Castlevania DS -$330
Preorder PS2 WE9 - $448
Kunoichi HK$40
Naruto 3 DS $280
G-Generation DS $328
GC Fire Emble $380
Outrun 2 -$320
Chaos Theory XB - $270
Radiata Stories - $150
Euthusia $180
DS - $1080
Orange Gamecube - $270

Trade in
The also buy in GBASP for $350 and GBA at $200. Buy back US version of Untold Legends, Ridge Racer for $150
NBA Street, FIFA Soccer. Spider-man2 PSP for $170

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Bah who cares about games, hows the toy shopping there?[/QUOTE]
Magiranger items I presume?

Time to head to Tokyo for the Game Show!

I'll have my full report on tuesday/wednesday!

Here's hoping I can see the Revolution Remo.....CONTROLLER! :D

Kinda busy at work, so can't type too many details now:

Tokyo Game Show was very cool overall

-PS3 Demos looked AMAZING
-Revolution Controller wasn't on display anywhere
-Next Gen SEGA games look INCREDIBLE
-New Afterburner looks amazing
-New Sonic looks crazy!
-Shadow the Hedgehog's cutscenes look AMAZING, and the game is fun (played the demo)
-Sonic Rush is GREAT! (downloaded the demo on DS)
-New Evangelion game for PSP in 2006, looks AWESOME
-Katamari for PSP LOOKS cool, but didn't get a chance to play it
-MegaMan X remake for PSP is TIGHT
-SNK is pumping out PS2 versions of like every 2D figther. WOO!

I'll try to post more details later if/when I remember them.

Also, picked up:
GBA Micro Famicom Version (FRIGGIN AWESOME, even the BOX is cool!)
Dr. Mario/Panel De Pon (VERY disappointing....Panel De Pon plays well but there are NO characters whatsoever, just generic sound effects. Lame)
20th Anniversary Super Mario Bros Famicom GBA game (the packaging is just awesome)
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children LE Box

I got the LAST copy of FFVII AC left in Akihabara. EVERY store was sold out of EVERY version, and I had to pay A LOT of money for my copy, but dear god was it worth it.
First off, the box is MASSIVE. We're talking bigger than the box XBOX came in. The figure is amazing, the hat/shirt are cool, and the other stuff is awesome.
The movie though.....

IS THE BEST ANIMATED FILM I HAVE EVER SEEN.

My jaw was on the floor for the entire 100 minutes or so. Its THAT good.

Ok, back to work. I'll try to get more details/pics up later this week!!

[quote name='Gameboy415']
I got the LAST copy of FFVII AC left in Akihabara. EVERY store was sold out of EVERY version, and I had to pay A LOT of money for my copy, but dear god was it worth it.
First off, the box is MASSIVE. We're talking bigger than the box XBOX came in. The figure is amazing, the hat/shirt are cool, and the other stuff is awesome.
The movie though.....

IS THE BEST ANIMATED FILM I HAVE EVER SEEN.

My jaw was on the floor for the entire 100 minutes or so. Its THAT good. [/QUOTE]
That's cool. I would have loved to get one of those if I had the money. I'd like see some pics of that.

I was curious. Is Radiant Silvergun hard to find over in Japan? I'm looking to get a saturn and that's one of the games I've heard good things about.

[quote name='erehwon']That's cool. I would have loved to get one of those if I had the money. I'd like see some pics of that.

I was curious. Is Radiant Silvergun hard to find over in Japan? I'm looking to get a saturn and that's one of the games I've heard good things about.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to see a copy of Radiant Silvergun, but I just KNOW its out there.....WAITING for me.......

Oh and I replied to most, if not all PM's!

Pics and stuff are still on the way....just too busy at work! ARGH!

bread's done
Back