Death Proof and Planet Terror (BR) 12/16 - $18.95 & 22.95

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Still no full Grindhouse set. :([/quote]
I am with you 100% on that. I'd like a nice uninterrupted Grindhouse experience.... complete with cheesy fake trailers and all.

I imported the 6 disk from Japan and one of the disks is the complete movie with fake trailers. Looks really good upscaled so I'm going to wait until reviews.

[quote name='rsigley']I imported the 6 disk from Japan and one of the disks is the complete movie with fake trailers. Looks really good upscaled so I'm going to wait until reviews.[/QUOTE]

how much

I'm fine with having the two separate movies in the DVD steelbooks... I would buy a BD release of the full movie though... it was on Starz HD again last night.

Just as I was putting these on my Netfilx queue, I saw that Netflix Watch Instantly has the Grindhouse Double Feature containing both original movies and all the fake trailers.

Awesome!

[quote name='DestroVega']I'm fine with having the two separate movies in the DVD steelbooks... I would buy a BD release of the full movie though... it was on Starz HD again last night.[/quote]
Yup i watched it last night.

i've got the steelbooks from best buy, so i'm curious if this includes the same features as those two dvds. I know the full Grindhouse experience has yet to be achieved on dvd/blu though.

Until they put out a version with both completely uncut, restored movies and all the trailers and ads from the theatrical cut including Hobo with a Shotgun on blu-ray, I'm not paying for anything.

Yeah, it would be four hours. But I've got four hours.

[quote name='flatliner718']i've got the steelbooks from best buy, so i'm curious if this includes the same features as those two dvds. I know the full Grindhouse experience has yet to be achieved on dvd/blu though.[/QUOTE]

The individual bonus discs for Death Proof and Planet Terror are mostly the same as the American releases (the only Japan-only extra I remember is a "Special Message to Japan from Tarantino" on the Death Proof bonus disc).

However, the sixth disc in the set (btw, four of the six are the DP and PT 2-disc sets, similar to the US releases, the fifth is the theatrical cut of Grindhouse, and the sixth is this disc I'm mentioning here) is an entire disc of Japan-only special features. It's made up of:
# Grindhouse - US Trailer
# 2006 San Diego Comicon
# Tarantino Interview (About the homages in Death Proof, About Planet Terror, Use of Music, Possible Sequel to Death Proof)
# Staff/Cast comments
# The Directors of the Fake Trailers
# Coments on past Grindhouse Films
# Making Of Planet Terror

[quote name='JMClarkent']Come on, Pulp Fiction! My collection years for thee![/QUOTE]

Between Grindhouse and Kill Bill, they're likely to split all the stories up for Pulp Fiction as well so we're stuck buying 3 seperate Blu Ray releases...

[quote name='Sporadic']

Much much more than you are willing to pay.

Also, it's region locked.[/QUOTE]

yea i got it from xploited for 95 + shipping

i got one of those dvd players where you just hit random numbers on the remote and it makes it region free so was good there

I won't buy shit from Tarantino until he straps his balls on and gets Whole Bloody Affair and Grindhouse released on Blu-Ray. Guy just wants to put his movies out in theaters and let some other asshole deal with (or ignore) the home releases.

Those are both movies where Japan got the royal treatment and North Americans got fucked in the ass with a pineapple.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I won't buy shit from Tarantino until he straps his balls on and gets Whole Bloody Affair and Grindhouse released on Blu-Ray. Guy just wants to put his movies out in theaters and let some other asshole deal with (or ignore) the home releases.

[/quote]

It's not that easy. Don't fully blame Tarantino for how the US versions were released. Movie studios have certain rights for periods of time including the region/market.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I won't buy shit from Tarantino until he straps his balls on and gets Whole Bloody Affair and Grindhouse released on Blu-Ray. Guy just wants to put his movies out in theaters and let some other asshole deal with (or ignore) the home releases.

Those are both movies where Japan got the royal treatment and North Americans got fucked in the ass with a pineapple.[/QUOTE]

No, seriously, it's Miramax's/Weinstein's fault. Tarantino isn't really to blame.

bread's done
Back