Deathsmiles Limited Edition (360) $15 FS back in stock at Newegg

Got mine the other day, came in a big boxed filled with peanuts, I was like wtf did they send me the wrong item. Was in perfect condition though.

[quote name='ShadowSx']Got mine the other day, came in a big boxed filled with peanuts, I was like wtf did they send me the wrong item. Was in perfect condition though.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome news. I was a little nervous about ordering something like this from NewEgg, as I've only ever seen them use bubble mailers and the DS LE box is quite crushable.

[quote name='ShadowSx']Got mine the other day, came in a big boxed filled with peanuts, I was like wtf did they send me the wrong item. Was in perfect condition though.[/QUOTE]

Mine came the exact same way, not a scratch on it, was quite surprised, Newegg's shipping has been hit/miss over the years.

Got mine as well in the same packaging. Box was barely dented, possibly just shelfware.

This game is crazy hard (so many bullets, can't even see my character, lol). I need to up my contacts prescription for the last level. I'm not going to use the faceplate though I appreciate its inclusion. The ost is pretty cool. I think I prefer the iOS version with touch controls, but this 360 version is well worth it at $15 for fans of bullet hell shmups.

Ordered. $15 with free shipping and no tax is hard to pass up. Not sure what im getting into. Last time I got reall into shoot em ups was on the SNES with Phalanx and Super R Type.

[quote name='j.elles']Ordered. $15 with free shipping and no tax is hard to pass up. Not sure what im getting into. Last time I got reall into shoot em ups was on the SNES with Phalanx and Super R Type.[/QUOTE]

I loved Phalanx...

I can only think that this game sold like dirt in the U.S., which is really sad. I had hoped that strong sales of Death Smiles would encourage more of these shmups to be brought over, but it looks like it didn't happen with this game. I bought several copies just to support the publisher (Aksys), but it looks like they just didn't sell enough of them to make it worth it. My hopes for other shmups getting translated is pretty faded now . . . but at least Dodonpachi Resurrection came out region-free in Europe, and at a very reasonable price; bought that game from Zavvi (and it arrived yesterday), still waiting for my dvd.co.uk order that shipped 11/7 and never arrived (had to contact them to reship).

It's back again! It tempts me everytime. And this time I'm gonna justify passing because there are 3 Japanese shooters on sale on XBLA that I'll be getting instead.

[quote name='tylerh1701']It's back again! It tempts me everytime. And this time I'm gonna justify passing because there are 3 Japanese shooters on sale on XBLA that I'll be getting instead.[/QUOTE]

For those that missed this, Newegg is showing it back in stock.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']That's the one with the hillbilly banjo-strummer on the U.S. cover, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, thats the one.

I got mine today and it came in a cardboard box with packing peanuts just like everyone else described.

After looking at the gameplay videos on this game. I basically bit. I like these old school side scroller shooters. Good gameplay. Nice Limited Edition package. I have the Slim 360 so the faceplate is pretty useless to me. But as a collector's item I can just add it to my collection.

Thanks OP. $32 total for this and Dead Rising 2: Limited Edition.

Yesterday I got the email saying it was back in stock - so I quickly (and it felt like f'n forever) clicked the link from my phone and added to cart/entered all my info, payment info, etc etc etc......

The whole time I am thinking "great, I'm going to miss out because I never created an account before, shit"

Today it arrived..... Not bad for free shipping. AWESOME!!!

Great packaging as well, very impressed.

Too bad they don't have this for PS3..
I wonder, why is it the 360 gets all the Japanese oriented games but not PS3..from what I remember PS2 was the king of JRPGs.

got mine today and the box is pretty beat up. hoping it stays in stock so I can exchange. also, for some reason the shoprunner 2 day shipping took 5 days.

[quote name='handsomepete']got mine today and the box is pretty beat up. hoping it stays in stock so I can exchange. also, for some reason the shoprunner 2 day shipping took 5 days.[/QUOTE]

Same here but it did have to go all the way across the country.

bread's done
Back