Dec 9th Comcast On-Demand comes to Xbox

kingsnuff

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
For those who arent aware Microsoft revealed this earlier this year. I came in to work this morning (I work for Comcast) and had an email waiting for me describing the service. Here's part of that email:

Dec 9th this functionality will allow:
- Browse all Movies, TV Series, Networks and Kids by category or genre, such as New Release, Action or Comedy.
-Search On Demand by titles, personalities, sports teams and web video.
-Watch Free Video On Demand National/Premium.

To use this service, customers must have: Xbox 360 Game Console, Xbox Gold Live Subscription, Xbox connected to an internet connection (wired or wireless) XFINITY Digital TV service, XFINITY Internet service, Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password

I personally think this is pretty cool if you use On Demand alot, I know I'll get alot of use out of it as I don't have a cable box in my game room lol.

another pointless "app" in my opinion. no comcast in my area, just time warner cable. gotta have xfinity digital tv service too? oh well, the ufc app wasn't much and I guess this will be good for those in selected areas with this service. The at&t uverse service they offered last year failed, let's see how this does.

That's pretty awesome. We actually JUST got comcast internet where I live. I don't know if I see myself taking advantage of this much since I don't watch a lot of tv, but to have the option is nice.

[quote name='azngtlman']Quick question, will I be able to use this service if I'm not at home (i.e. relative's home) by just logging with my Comcast ID?[/QUOTE]

You'd hope so. Seems kind of useless otherwise.

I hope this comes to Charter and other cable companies as well, since I have Charter cable (not Internet) and Tivos in my house with no cable box, it would be nice to be able to use their on-demand service.

[quote name='whoknows']You'd hope so. Seems kind of useless otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I'd hope so too. But it could be geared towards people who don't want to pay for extra cable boxes, so who knows.

[quote name='intoxicated662']The at&t uverse service they offered last year failed, let's see how this does.[/QUOTE]

I believe I read somewhere theyre bringing that back.

[quote name='azngtlman']Quick question, will I be able to use this service if I'm not at home (i.e. relative's home) by just logging with my Comcast ID?[/QUOTE]

If its anything like the Comcast iPhone app, you should only need a comcast email address/password unless it magically ties in to your gamertag somehow.

[quote name='shrike4242']I hope this comes to Charter and other cable companies as well, since I have Charter cable (not Internet) and Tivos in my house with no cable box, it would be nice to be able to use their on-demand service.[/QUOTE]

Heres an article with a few companies listed, dont see Charter but you never know.
http://http://www.marketwatch.com/s...ertainment-leaders-to-transform-tv-2011-10-05

[quote name='kingsnuff']If its anything like the Comcast iPhone app, you should only need a comcast email address/password unless it magically ties in to your gamertag somehow.[/QUOTE]The HBO To Go / MAX To Go apps work in the same way, which has you set up an initial login to your provider's login page for their online account management, then you link them together.

I'd assume something similar here with this app.

bread's done
Back