Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
I was happy picking it up yesterday before the blizzard hit. I'm not a CAG who will risk their safety or get into a car accident just to save $10-$15. That's not being a CAG, it's being SMART :p.

If no one has mentioned it yet a good way to actually have success with these coupons AVOID CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL COSTS. I tried doing the return rebuy and the guy told me it was one or the other I take the sale price or the 10 bucks off. At that point I returned the game went and grabbed one off the shelf and checked out no problems. There is nothing I hate more than arguing with customer service people :bomb:.

Yesterday I took the copy of SH i purchased at 19.99 and did a rebuy and used the difference to pick up dead space. There was no issues at all , the CSR just processed the SH as a return in a transaction (handed me cash back) and then rerung up sh with 10off and added in dead space.

[quote name='Chlorox']If no one has mentioned it yet a good way to actually have success with these coupons AVOID CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL COSTS. I tried doing the return rebuy and the guy told me it was one or the other I take the sale price or the 10 bucks off. At that point I returned the game went and grabbed one off the shelf and checked out no problems. There is nothing I hate more than arguing with customer service people :bomb:.[/QUOTE]

It's different for everyone. I remember getting a price match at Best Buy on Metroid Prime Trilogy when it came out. Local store, Fred Meyer, had it in their ad for $29.99, though it was a price error. Reward Zone was offering a $10 gift card with purchase of the game. Customer Service did the price match for me and gave me a $10 gift card. After a RZ certificate, my total was $20, which I then paid for with a gift card I already had. Throw on tha $10 I just got and MPT really only cost me $10 off my gift card.

I honestly can't remember that last time I've had bad customer service when buying a game. The $5 GH5 coupon didn't ring up properly for me, but the teenage clerk manually took $5 off no problem.

At a Target when they were marking R&C: FToD to the GH price ($29.99) and had a brief period were it was put on clearance ($14.98), I picked a copy up (tag on shelf said the clearance price) but it rang up for $29.99 (as it should've). Clerk gave me the clearance price. What was interesting about that is when I went in a few days earlier, they didn't have any copies of R&C and the tag said $29.99. Too bad now that I moved, there are no Targets close by worth going to :whistle2:(.

For those of you who picked up multiple copies of GH: SH with the $10 off coupon, did you need a copy of the coupon for each one or did the single coupon work for all of your copies?

Success. Got Smash Hits for $4.99 plus tax (about what it's worth!). As others have said, scanned the RZ card first, then the game, then the web coupon, and finally the $5 insert coupon, which needed a manual override. No problem.

[quote name='jimijumper']picked up 2 GH:SH for the 360 and Fairytale Fights for PS3...debating returning FF due to the horrible reviews....[/QUOTE]

I got the same except all for 360. I knew the reviews are horrible going in to FF, but it does support 4 player co-op local and online (at least that's what the box claims)!

I can't think of any other 4 player platform co-op game besides Castle Crashers, TMNT, and Splosion Man that's available on the 360 (where the hell is The Simpsons XBLA, etc?). My friend and I were going to pop in FF last night, but we ended up playing too much DJ Hero: DJ vs DJ.

You can't really listen to me since I'm attempting to collect every 360 disc ever. (I haven't finished adding my collection to my list yet.)

I bought my Smash Hits a couple days ago with the $5 coupon (had to be manually entered), but when I returned it today, they gave me the full $20 + tax back in cash. Then I bought it again with the $10 off coupon.

[quote name='DJP519']Success. Got Smash Hits for $4.99 plus tax (about what it's worth!). As others have said, scanned the RZ card first, then the game, then the web coupon, and finally the $5 insert coupon, which needed a manual override. No problem.[/QUOTE]

Same used the $5 scan from a couple of pages back

This was in East Brunwick NJ BTW.

[quote name='bwrobins']If anyone here cannot get a copy of the game locally and wants the Guitar Hero Smash Hits Export Code, let me know. I will trade for a Band Hero Export Code or a Lego Rock Band Export Code. I would also consider a paypal offer. Just let me know.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Also I got the SH with the reward zone coupon and a copy of the $5 coupon a few pages back for a total of $5 plus tax in East Brunswick NJ BB. They had a few more copies left for the PS3 and Xbox360

Guitar Hero Smash Hits TIVs:

$17 Trade value via BestBuy Trade in Center via Dealtree.com
$17.50 Trade value via TRU Trade in Center.
$17.50 TIV Amazon.com ( already mentioned)

[quote name='bwrobins']If anyone here cannot get a copy of the game locally and wants the Guitar Hero Smash Hits Export Code, let me know. I will trade for a Band Hero Export Code or a Lego Rock Band Export Code. I would also consider a paypal offer. Just let me know.[/QUOTE]

Do you need the actual disc-game for the Lego Rock Band to transfer song or just the code and it will dl the songs?

I have 1 GHSH code for each console by the way if anybody wants to trade with Band Hero.

Stupid question, but can exported tracks be transferable if I upgrade my current 60gb to an Elite? I am just worried that it won't be transferable like Singstar for the PS3.

grabbed 3 ps3 copies at the 62nd st best buy in Manhattan... coupons both worked fine. They were pulling them off the shelves it looked because i only found one copy in the aisle and the other two i pulled off of one of their shelving carts that was near an employee only area

[quote name='Phrozenspite'] They were pulling them off the shelves it looked because i only found one copy in the aisle and the other two i pulled off of one of their shelving carts that was near an employee only area[/QUOTE]
Hmmm, just tried to place an order for in store pick up and got an email after I placed the order that the item is no longer available. Looks like BB must have caught on to this. I am sure that there will still be stores that have this for sale, but it would appear to me it is possible they are catching on.

[quote name='bigredvan14']I dunno if you were trying to help or prove the poster wrong, but this shows exactly what he said. Also, note that this has not been updated since December 2008 and does not have anything newer than GH:WT.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm wrong here, but aren't Smash Hits and Metallica based off the World Tour engine, Band Hero off of GH5, while Beatles Rock Band is based off Rock Band 2? Furthermore, isn't the GH5 controller functionality the SAME as GHWT with the only difference being the analog vs. digital programming on the slide frets?

So basically, if it came after GHWT it seems to be a derivative of GHWT and should work.

[quote name='gi60']Do you need the actual disc-game for the Lego Rock Band to transfer song or just the code and it will dl the songs?

I have 1 GHSH code for each console by the way if anybody wants to trade with Band Hero.[/QUOTE]

The code is on an insert in the case, which you use online to get another code that downloads a small patch to your xbox, which then enables a menu in Lego Rockband to EXPORT the songs to you're hd. (After you fork out the 10$ in MS Points)

[quote name='allure']Does anyone know the trade in value for smash hits at gamestop and does toysrus sell pc games?[/QUOTE]

The search function is your friend.:D And yes, TRU sells PC games.

Oh and FYI, Smash Hits gets $17.50 in TIV at TRU without any silly promo bs like at GS.

[quote name='kodave']Maybe I'm wrong here, but aren't Smash Hits and Metallica based off the World Tour engine, Band Hero off of GH5, while Beatles Rock Band is based off Rock Band 2? Furthermore, isn't the GH5 controller functionality the SAME as GHWT with the only difference being the analog vs. digital programming on the slide frets?

So basically, if it came after GHWT it seems to be a derivative of GHWT and should work.[/QUOTE]

Metallica and Smash Hits, I believe run on the same engine, which is an upgraded version of the World Tour one. Don't know about GH5 & BH, or RB:B & RB2 though.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but there's also a coupon for buy 2 $39.99+ game and get a $20 gc valid 12/13 - 12/19. So, Fairytale Fights x2 ($39.99 each) + $20 off coupon + this $20 gc coupon might work, no? Then you can just try and return the other Fairytale Fights.

[quote name='darkarcon']Not sure if this has been mentioned, but there's also a coupon for buy 2 $39.99+ game and get a $20 gc valid 12/13 - 12/19. So, Fairytale Fights x2 ($39.99 each) + $20 off coupon + this $20 gc coupon might work, no? Then you can just try and return the other Fairytale Fights.[/QUOTE]

Very unlikely. Given Best Buy's past practice, they would make you return everything including the gift card and usually, you can't stack coupons with them, so it's either buy two copies of the game for $40 each and get the gift card or buy the game for $20 each and get no gift card.

[quote name='stoned99']The code is on an insert in the case, which you use online to get another code that downloads a small patch to your xbox, which then enables a menu in Lego Rockband to EXPORT the songs to you're hd. (After you fork out the 10$ in MS Points)[/QUOTE]

Thanks.. so I do need the disc then not just the code.

I have the code from my brother, so I need to rent the disc. My brother is out of state...

[quote name='kodave']Maybe I'm wrong here, but aren't Smash Hits and Metallica based off the World Tour engine, Band Hero off of GH5, while Beatles Rock Band is based off Rock Band 2? Furthermore, isn't the GH5 controller functionality the SAME as GHWT with the only difference being the analog vs. digital programming on the slide frets?

So basically, if it came after GHWT it seems to be a derivative of GHWT and should work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.

Oh, and that's a sick signature.

[quote name='jazzman']Stupid question, but can exported tracks be transferable if I upgrade my current 60gb to an Elite? I am just worried that it won't be transferable like Singstar for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how it works on :360:, but on PS3, all the disc exports are tied to your PSN account and are downloads.

[quote name='darkarcon']Not sure if this has been mentioned, but there's also a coupon for buy 2 $39.99+ game and get a $20 gc valid 12/13 - 12/19. So, Fairytale Fights x2 ($39.99 each) + $20 off coupon + this $20 gc coupon might work, no? Then you can just try and return the other Fairytale Fights.[/QUOTE]

You should not be able to do it because the computer considers it double dipping.

As far as returning the extra copy. It's YMMV.

So basically, it's both YMMV.

[quote name='Zygote']Guitar Hero Smash Hits TIVs:

$17.50 TIV Amazon.com ( already mentioned)[/QUOTE]
Hmm, buy GHSH with coupon, export the songs to GH5, trade it in for profit!

1) Buy GHSH
2) Export the songs to GH5
3) ???
4) Profit!

[quote name='bigredvan14']I dunno if you were trying to help or prove the poster wrong, but this shows exactly what he said. Also, note that this has not been updated since December 2008 and does not have anything newer than GH:WT.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

What kodave said is also essentially correct, but people cite that compatibility matrix all the time, and it's a year out of date, so I tried to give a more direct answer to the specific question.

But basically, anything for the 360 or the PS3 that was released after mid-2008 (basically everything except GH2, GH3, and RB1) has complete cross-compatibility. MS and Sony both basically told both publishers to play nice and enable basic compatibility. The matrix fills in the blanks for the older titles, and the Wii variants.

At any rate, I didn't mean to take this thread off topic. Now, back to talk of double-dipping coupons and getting $5 games. Boo-yah!

[quote name='Zygote']Guitar Hero Smash Hits TIVs:

$17.50 TIV Amazon.com ( already mentioned)[/QUOTE]

Could you buy it from best buy and directly trade it back in to best buy and get a gift card instantly.

[quote name='Estebon']You should not be able to do it because the computer considers it double dipping.

As far as returning the extra copy. It's YMMV.

So basically, it's both YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Yea, guess I was hoping for too much.
Has anyone tried to get a price adjustment using a RZ coupon?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why do people announce their intentions to flip games?[/QUOTE]

Don't mess with The One. If Neo wants to flip games, then it's because he is using his Amazon credit to corrupt the Matrix. ;)

Anyone know the tradein value at GS for a PS3 Smash Hits?

With the trade 3-10/4-20 bonus, I could grab one for $10 and flip it at GS and make some good credit!(lol)

EDIT: it's $11.25 for the 360 version at GS according to the database. So PS3 should be similar.

[quote name='jazzman']Don't mess with The One. If Neo wants to flip games, then it's because he is using his Amazon credit to corrupt the Matrix. ;)[/QUOTE]

or using t'r'U b1g1 half off to rake in dough.

bread's done
Back