Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cheapskake']Technically, the games, lets tap and saints row 2, are not free. We have to pay 1.xx tax. Still a great deal. Hopefully, they won't fix this mistake. Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Maybe in your state, but I know in Ohio coupons are used before it is taxed. I've picked up a few things from BB so far for 0.00 each time leaving the cashier with an O_O expression and a call for the other cashiers to come look.

This thread makes my head hurt.

Needless to say Lets Tap, SR2, GH Smash hits, and Fairtale Fights will purchased on the 7th.

They will not "fix" the coupon it didn't hapeen the 3 times before and wont happen now.

Looks like my local BB has both of the "free" games in stock right now. Sounds like an easy trade-in flip at the Game Stop across the street to me. :)

[quote name='Deuce-']Original post says 12/21 but second post says 12/7.

Does Saints Row 2 become free on the 21st or 7th?[/QUOTE]

7th unless you live near me. Then it is the 8th.

I dont understand what people are saying buy return/rebuy?

do you mean flip at GS?

im debating what i want, IF SR2 is free im def getting that

but I dont know if i want Guitar hero smash hits or RF Guerilla
GH will be free with my gift card i have...
or RF Guerilla for 7 bucks

hmmm decisions

[quote name='Tdogg2k8']I dont understand what people are saying buy return/rebuy?[/QUOTE]
To make sure they would get a copy, people are going to the store before the discount becomes active and buy copies of the game. Once the coupons become active, they are going to go back to the store, return the games, and then rebuy them, with the discount.

I guess I'll try to get Saints Row 2 for PS3 on Monday and hopefully get it for free. Otherwise, no deal because I had it for 360 and beat it already.

[quote name='Deuce-']Original post says 12/21 but second post says 12/7.

Does Saints Row 2 become free on the 21st or 7th?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its a mistake. SR2 is for the 21st, not the 7th. Copy and paste mistake. I will fix later on.

Also the 21st. Both post should be fixed now.

I'm not happy with the way I did that post. Seems sloppy.

Does anyone remember what were the other three times that Best Buy offered free games? And, honestly, will people going to be doing this return/rebuy a lot or would someone like me who just wants one copy can get one on the first day this sale goes live? Thanks.

I'll have to get smash hits as a cheap gift

When xblades was free, it was sold out by 11 on the first day. I went during lunch and it was gone.

[quote name='Estebon']The coupons will be updated at the RZGC website on Dec 7th. This won't work if you are not a RZGC member. So join between now and then. You 1st have to be a regular best buy reward zone member, and then join the gamers club.[/QUOTE]

Then join the gamers club? Can i do that online?

Nevermind i just joined it via online... i think. :)

Just in the last year, I can think of two:

-360 You're In the Movies w/ Live Vision Camera Bundle ($10 w/ $10 off coupon, I believe)

[quote name='sgaldis']Just in the last year, I can think of two:

-360 You're In the Movies w/ Live Vision Camera Bundle ($10 w/ $10 off coupon, I believe)

Yeah, sorry but look at it this way, BB can still change this before that date. So you won't miss out on nothing.

Also, it seems that each GHSH version will be $10 next week. Pick your poison fellas.

[quote name='Donnums']Hmmmmmmm....Madworld for $10. Finally may pick that up[/QUOTE]

Check sears, bro. I saw a couple for $9.95 the other day

[quote name='Estebon']Yeah, sorry but look at it this way, BB can still change this before that date. So you won't miss out on nothing.

Also, it seems that each GHSH version will be $10 next week. Pick your poison fellas.[/QUOTE]

They have never bothered to remove it before. At best they have removed the names of games from the list but left it functional none the less. The only real issue is that I know in the past some people have had a hard time getting the cashiers to apply the discounts.

Guess I'll have to go to BB when they open on the 7th. Get GH:SH for 10 bucks for a friend for xmas, and SR2 for myself(Like i'll ever play it, but who knows).

So, let me get this straight. I could walk into Best Buy tomorrow and buy Saints Row 2. Do not open it and hold onto receipt. Return to BB on the 21st w/coupon & receipt in tow. Receive a refund on the game. Re-buy it, use coupon, profit?

This could work because at Best Buy, refunds are allowed up to 30 days after initial purchase as long as the item is sealed, right?

If all this is true, thanks to OP for a free SR2!

[quote name='saetia']So, let me get this straight. I could walk into Best Buy tomorrow and buy Saints Row 2. Do not open it and hold onto receipt. Return to BB on the 21st w/coupon & receipt in tow. Receive a refund on the game. Re-buy it, use coupon, profit?

This could work because at Best Buy, refunds are allowed up to 30 days after initial purchase as long as the item is sealed, right?![/QUOTE]

Yeah, while this is true, there is nothing better than having the cashier scan the game, the coupon, hitting total, and the receipt popping out with nothing else transpiring. It was so much fun times w/ X-Blades. 4 out of 5 cashiers were stunned that I was getting something for free!! You'll really be pressing your YMMV luck to do a return re-buy without them thinking something was up or flat out denying you. I guess you could get a lazy CSR, and technically there would be no need for a manager override...

For SR2 there has to be like what? 20 copies at everyones store? Just go the first day out and you should be alright. The hoarders won't get there until the next day. With X-Blades they were pretty much all gone w/in 2 days from 5 locations I surveyed, each one had 10+ copies.

[quote name='token2k6']Yeah, while this is true, there is nothing better than having the cashier scan the game, the coupon, hitting total, and the receipt popping out with nothing else transpiring. It was so much fun times w/ X-Blades. 4 out of 5 cashiers were stunned that I was getting something for free!! You'll really be pressing your YMMV luck to do a return re-buy without them thinking something was up or flat out denying you. I guess you could get a lazy CSR, and technically there would be no need for a manager override...

For SR2 there has to be like what? 20 copies at everyones store? Just go the first day out and you should be alright. The hoarders won't get there until the next day. With X-Blades they were pretty much all gone w/in 2 days from 5 locations I surveyed, each one had 10+ copies.[/QUOTE]The reason people were snatching up copies of X-Blades was for flipping them to GS, GC or Amazon since it was pure profit for free games. Could be the same case here, if people think through to that level.

fuck. I just checked the local two BB stores for PS3 copies of SR2 and both are showing out of stock. The only BB showing copies of it in stock is the one where they deny me across the board on pennied guides, so chances are they would deny me on this too.

But if I wanna take a chance and clean out the 360 copies of SR2 the stock locator says I'm in luck locally.

EDIT: Let's Tap is in stock locally though, so that may be an option for a free Christmas present for my buddies' nieces from me.:D

[quote name='Shiroh30']Check sears, bro. I saw a couple for $9.95 the other day[/QUOTE]

Yes, and it may go to $5 today.

[quote name='snives']They have never bothered to remove it before. At best they have removed the names of games from the list but left it functional none the less. The only real issue is that I know in the past some people have had a hard time getting the cashiers to apply the discounts.[/QUOTE]

They have not removed it before, but there was one time where they actually blocked it in their system when you brought the game to get rung up. It was when they screwed up with Midnight Club LA and it came out to be $10 when it had just came out like a month ago. I remember flipping those like mad, got about 25 of them for each system. Went back to the store a few days later and there was still like 50 for each system, so I thought, what the heck. Brought them up to the register, and when the casher hit total, suddenly a blank box popped up on the screen and the discount didn't go through. So in this case they actually did fix it, but I don't understand why they just didn't do that again with all the previous screw ups after that.

Is anyone having any issues with the new security questions on the reward zone site. It prompts me with a form to fill out security questions and answers when I log in but there are no questions to select in the drop down list. Because of this I cannot get in to view the coupons.

[quote name='scarclone']Is anyone having any issues with the new security questions on the reward zone site. It prompts me with a form to fill out security questions and answers when I log in but there are no questions to select in the drop down list. Because of this I cannot get in to view the coupons.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem. I closed the window and opened a new one. Logged in again and the issue was fixed.

[quote name='wrencrest']I had the same problem. I closed the window and opened a new one. Logged in again and the issue was fixed.[/QUOTE]

That did the trick. Thanks.

Could they increase the price of SR2 and Let's Tap in anticipation of people taking advantage of it?

And would it be possible to buy the game early, and then come back with the receipt and coupon and have them refund the 20? If so, it might be better to buy early, then show them the coupon later once the 21st hits.

Sorry, but I wan't even aware of CAG.com when the whole x-blades "fiasco" happened. But my point is, I keep seeing that other CAGers somehow got multiple copies of x-blades. Just how exactly, or rather, was there no rule in the fine print saying 1 per customer or some other limitation to stop you from reusing that coupon over and over?

Sorry if this has already been covered, but there's a decent number of posts in here... how do I go about getting a coupon to try to score a free copy of SR2?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Sorry if this has already been covered, but there's a decent number of posts in here... how do I go about getting a coupon to try to score a free copy of SR2?[/QUOTE]

You have to be registered for a Best Buy Reward Zone account @:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/

Sign up there & go to the gamers reward zone part of the site & look for special offers. The new coupons for this deal aren't up yet, because the current coupons are good until 12/6. I would assume that on 12/7 the new coupons will be updated on the site. Print out the corresponding coupon & take it to the store.

[quote name='odin08']Sorry, but I wan't even aware of CAG.com when the whole x-blades "fiasco" happened. But my point is, I keep seeing that other CAGers somehow got multiple copies of x-blades. Just how exactly, or rather, was there no rule in the fine print saying 1 per customer or some other limitation to stop you from reusing that coupon over and over?[/QUOTE]

I just noticed that you are in Lake Orion, MI. I used to live there & am familiar w/ the area. My wife & I lived on Flint Street about 3 years ago.

[quote name='odin08']Sorry, but I wan't even aware of CAG.com when the whole x-blades "fiasco" happened. But my point is, I keep seeing that other CAGers somehow got multiple copies of x-blades. Just how exactly, or rather, was there no rule in the fine print saying 1 per customer or some other limitation to stop you from reusing that coupon over and over?[/QUOTE]

If it was anything like the current coupons, there's a limit of 3 per customer. But I'm not sure if member purchases get tracked, so it might be possible to get even more than that. I'm definitely trying for three copies of each of the "free" games on Monday.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I just noticed that you are in Lake Orion, MI. I used to live there & am familiar w/ the area. My wife & I lived on Flint Street about 3 years ago.[/QUOTE]

Well Lake Orion is a big place with all the back roads, give me a frame of reference and I'd know where you were.

[quote name='Estebon']Remember fellas, this is only for the PS3 version of SR2, not the xbox version.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha, well that doesn't really bother me, they don't have any near my bb sadly. In anycase lets tap isn't a bad replacement and I could probably make a profit if I use those coupons right.

Hmm already have inFamous, and had to get rid of Uncharted, wonder if I can find someone who wants to go halves so I can get Uncharted again......

[quote name='indyben']If it was anything like the current coupons, there's a limit of 3 per customer. But I'm not sure if member purchases get tracked, so it might be possible to get even more than that. I'm definitely trying for three copies of each of the "free" games on Monday.[/QUOTE]

I think everyone needs to take a look at the OP again. The free games (SR2 and LT) aren't even available until 12/21. Not sure what you're planning on picking up on Monday, but it ain't gonna be free.

bread's done
Back