Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked about 2 hours after my local BB opened, found some empty slots where the games would have been in the case. Ah, oh well, I knew I probably wouldnt have made it at this BB.

[quote name='io']Well, crap. I expected to check this thread and see that it was dead! I tried to buy a few and even after the clerk hit "apply package" it did not discount the games - their conclusion was that was because they were already on sale. I thought maybe they fixed it mid-day, but that doesn't appear to be the case. WTF!?

Could it just be fixed at one store? They had a ton of copies of both versions so maybe it just didn't work here . Odd...[/QUOTE]

Were you trying to buy 6 or more, IO? Someone found out earlier than the coupon worked, but only on FIVE copies of the game across PS3 and 360.

Although, it would appear that certain stores are nixing the coupon in their system now, so maybe they finally caught on?

It took 'em long enough.:lol:

EDIT: My one buddy(and fellow local CAG) just tried hitting up the store I hit this morning at 9 am and came home emptyhanded. He said they had like 20+ copies for 360 and at least 1 for PS3 left.:bomb: Damn. I guess I didn't grab all them shits this morning, huh? LOL

I went back to the same store I got the deal this morning (Davenport, FL). I don't know if it was because the girl rang up the stuff in the wrong order or what but it didn't work for me. She was really nice but couldn't read/follow directions. I told her that it stated very clearly scan coupon, then games, then reward zone card. She didn't and it didn't work. She then called over a manager who read the coupon a couple of times and told me it wouldn't work because they were on sale. She said sir if the coupon worked they'd be FREE! I don't understand how it'll work 1 time with no problems (the guy didn't even give me a weird look this morning), but not another. At the same store!

Sorry for the rant.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Are you a Reward Zone member? Have you signed up for the Gamer's Club?

If you answered YES to both of those questions, then go to Best Buy's site and sign into the RZ site(says Reward Zone under the various product catergories on the right side of the page).

From there, go to the heading 'community and clubs' at the top of that page. A menu will come down from there, select Gamer's Club. From there either select 'special offers' or just wait for the $20 off Fairytale Fights offer to come up in the middle of the screen, click 'learn more' and it should take you to the page with the coupon.

Then just print up the coupon, go to Best Buy and 'grab dem shits'.:D

NOTE: You will need them to scan your RZ card, then scan the games, then scan the coupon(s) and hit TOTAL before they become FREE.

As for the Saint's Row 2 coupon, it's not out yet, though there IS one out to take off a bit from the PC version of SR 2.[/QUOTE]

thanks for all your help, I finally ended up finding the coupon! Thanks again to everyone on here.

LOL is Bestbuy finally is shutting this one down the damage has been done long ago and the vultures have stripped the bones of any scraps by now...

It was interesting

The coupon only works if the BB employee has entered your Reward Zone info. If a RZ member isn't entered, the coupon does not work.

Once you have the games in, a RZ member selected, the coupon scanned just fine both times I used it. First time it took them awhile to figure it out and it was simply b/c they hadn't gotten my RZ info entered yet.

[quote name='Gbear09']damn w/ gf in town can't go out to electronic stores (she gets annoyed that i like electronics/games and she doesn't) oh well[/QUOTE]
So, she demands that you have the same interests and hobbies as her? If so, break it off now, cause it's never going to change.

Back on topic, I think BB shut it off in their systems. worked all morning at one store, now it rings up different. There's an asterisk next to it in their POS, which wasn't there this morning when the coupon worked. Now, that sale price designation has nullified the coupon.

And before anyone busts out with "they don't update their POS systems during the day", I asked, and indeed, they are updated twice during business hours each day, and once over night. The coupon has been nerfed in the system.

Got shot down at my best buy... Rang the coupon in and it seemed to work but didn't take any money off - guy said i shouldn't complain cause they were normally $60 games...

Ah yeah, that asterisk notifies them that it's on sale in the POS, I too noticed it wasn't showing up this morning..will hit up one more location tonight to for more confirmationz

Just tried to pick up a FTF and the coupon wouldn't work. My friend picked one up no problem earlier this morning at the same store.
Confirming what others are saying that it appears it may be no longer working.

[quote name='rdank']The coupon only works if the BB employee has entered your Reward Zone info. If a RZ member isn't entered, the coupon does not work.

Once you have the games in, a RZ member selected, the coupon scanned just fine both times I used it. First time it took them awhile to figure it out and it was simply b/c they hadn't gotten my RZ info entered yet.[/QUOTE]

I went to the store on Union Square in Manhattan. Got a copy of the only 360 version left and they scanned the coupon without scanning my rewards card so you don't need it.

[quote name='Derrick1979']LOL is Bestbuy finally is shutting this one down the damage has been done long ago and the vultures have stripped the bones of any scraps by now...

It was interesting[/QUOTE]

Doubtful.

You give BB Corporate too much credit...

[quote name='sbaker44']I went back to the same store I got the deal this morning (Davenport, FL). I don't know if it was because the girl rang up the stuff in the wrong order or what but it didn't work for me. She was really nice but couldn't read/follow directions. I told her that it stated very clearly scan coupon, then games, then reward zone card. She didn't and it didn't work. She then called over a manager who read the coupon a couple of times and told me it wouldn't work because they were on sale. She said sir if the coupon worked they'd be FREE! I don't understand how it'll work 1 time with no problems (the guy didn't even give me a weird look this morning), but not another. At the same store!

Sorry for the rant.[/QUOTE]

It's prolly dead then.... the order they're scanned doesn't make a difference.

I scored 6 copies of fairytale fights for free =D 3 on Xbox 3 on PS3...I know the game is not great but I am keeping 1 for my self, giving 1 as a xmas gift and already flipped 4 of them over to toys r us and got 42 in store credit =D

Got 15 copies today from all over Manhattan(6 xbox, 9 ps3).

There was one xbox copy left at the 62nd st near columbus square

None at 44th and 5th ave

a couple PS3 copies at Union Square

and tons of both xbox and ps3 at 23rd st.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Doubtful.

You give BB Corporate too much credit...[/QUOTE]

I stated "Is Bestbuy shutting this down"?

If anything they did a little to dodge the bullet with two days of this by raising the price on SR2 and still not re-posting the coupon for the $20 off...

I would like to be there when they look at the tallys for the day and see a shit load of transactions for $0.00 :applause:

[quote name='Afflicted']It's prolly dead then.... the order they're scanned doesn't make a difference.[/QUOTE]

Oh, then I'm not mad at the cashier anymore then. Still just ticked I drove there for nothing. That kinda makes me feel a little better. Thanks.:applause:

Another little warning about the coupon: it is seems to be valid for five items only; not just 5 FF! Here's my story:

I went in about 10, grabbed 2x PS3, 3x 360, and also picked up Wolfenstein, Animal Crossing and MP: Trilogy (partially to pad the order, and also because they were all good deals!).

Even though the Wolfenstein deal is on the same coupon as the FF, I thought it would retroactively apply the deals to the 5 copies of FF (which I made a concious effort to only grab 5 since I checked CAG for confirmation before I left), and to 1 copy of Wolfenstein...WRONG!

My specially selected cashier seemed to be pretty new, and was making a mess of the transaction. She was piling the games into different stacks, and kept asking "did I ring this one up?", all the while while I was running interference with small talk.

Well, she got done, and the total was like $190-something, then I gave her the coupon. I could see the confusion and urge to call a manager setting in, so I ratcheted up the small talk. Long story short, she scanned in it fine, I quickly swiped a gift card then a debit card, then rushed outside to get away from the madness inside.

I noticed that my total was too high for the plan to go off without a hitch, so I sat in the car and investigated. I first thought that the coupon didn't apply to Wolfenstein, so no biggie; I'll just return it later, and re-buy just it with another coupon. But no; I paid $107.95 after all was said and done, but it broke down in a curious way: The $20 off coupon applied to all 3 PS3 copies of FF, the copy of Wolfenstein, and 1 xbox copy of FF.

Down in the full price section, what do I discover? Animal Crossing and Metroid for $19.99/ea, as well as TWO copies of FF xbox for $19.99 each. Mind you, I only purchased 5 copies total! It seems my diversionary tactics worked a little too well, as she was bumbling around with the games she rang in one of them twice!

So here I sit with a dilema: I basically paid $40 for 5 copies of FF, since they charged me for a copy I didn't get. Now before everyone chimes in, obviously normal thing to do would be to charge right back in and tell them what went down, but I had a feeling she was a little too curious about that coupon, and there was a manager buzzing around. I don't know if I want to jeopardize the 4 copies I got for free, as well as the $20 Wolfenstein.

I think my plan is to try to return one of the FF's for $19.99, putting my net cost down to $19.99 for 4 copies. I used mostly cheap trade in credit gift cert's, so it's not gonna hurt my feelings to just eat that last $20 and pay $5/copy.

My question is, how do you think I could best handle this return? If I take back one xbox copy, do you think the computer will be able to figure out giving me a refund for one I acually paid $19.99 for, instead of $0.00? :)

So there you go; sorry to be so long-winded. But those of you who will surely be crying about people taking advantage of Best Buy, now have my story to appease you. They charged me for a game I didn't even get, and I'm not even gonna try to get it back! Who's screwing who now?

has anyone tried hitting up any socal best buys regarding this deal? about to head out soon and was wondering if it was even worth the drive to try and see if the coupon still works...i live in torrance, ca...

i just have a quick question. sorry if its answered already or if someone can point it out to me. some say u need your rewards card to be scanned first. what if i just signed up? do i just give them my phone number first then? and then make them scan the game then the coupon?

If you can wait, take it back the day after Xmas. They'll be swamped with people returning Insignia products and you might not have to show your receipt (but bring it along just in case). They can't give you any lower than $19.99.

[quote name='sbaker44']I went back to the same store I got the deal this morning (Davenport, FL). I don't know if it was because the girl rang up the stuff in the wrong order or what but it didn't work for me. She was really nice but couldn't read/follow directions. I told her that it stated very clearly scan coupon, then games, then reward zone card. She didn't and it didn't work. She then called over a manager who read the coupon a couple of times and told me it wouldn't work because they were on sale. She said sir if the coupon worked they'd be FREE! I don't understand how it'll work 1 time with no problems (the guy didn't even give me a weird look this morning), but not another. At the same store!

Sorry for the rant.[/QUOTE]

I doubt the order is what ruined it. In my case, I bought copies of FF along with a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy and Cross Edge ($25 on clearance. Not bad). Mine were scanned in any old random order and I didn't give the cashier the coupon until the end. It still worked. I'm not sure why people are having problems now. Could Best Buy have pulled the plug on this deal?

thanks to the op and whoever pointed out fye's trade-in value. normally I'll try to resist stuff like this so people that might want to play it actually get a chance, but picking up 3 x FF (out of like 15) for $0 and driving across the street to get $54 for them was pretty much irresistible.

[quote name='token2k6']@sgaldis lol, wut? that's crazy man, I don't even know where to begin trying to dissect that[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, it was quite a baffling experience. At the very worst, I will end up with 4 copies for $40, so that's still $10/ea. I'm such a deal junkie, I know in my heart that I still would've bought them for that price, and I used a cheap GC anway, so I'm not too worked up about it. Just thought I'd share my wacky experience...

I just got back from a BB (Iowa) and it worked... She scanned the 3x FTF (PS3) and then asked me for my phone # since I didn't have my RZ card. She scanned the coupon then each game again. As soon as she hit enter it printed out the receipt, She kinda took a double take and then handed me the games and receipt. I had my credit card in hand as I figured I would have had to at least pay the tax...

I might go back for a few more...I realized BB is open until 11:00pm tonight! Although, not sure if I want to press my luck any more....we'll see.

[quote name='handsomepete']thanks to the op and whoever pointed out fye's trade-in value. normally I'll try to resist stuff like this so people that might want to play it actually get a chance, but picking up 3 x FF (out of like 15) for $0 and driving across the street to get $54 for them was pretty much irresistible.[/QUOTE]

Where did you trade them, Pete???

Took 2 copies of FF to BBV and got $44 in store credit. I spent it immediately. I'll try the same again tomorrow.

I was about to head out and try to get in on this deal, but now I have a feeling I might be wasting my time. So this coupon definitely won't work tomorrow? I guess I'm only asking because I've never used a coupon at Bestbuy but I've used craploads of videogame coupons at Target, where the expiration dates mean nothing.

I should probably post this again for those that need help and those that don't want to go back through the thread and read.

Posted earlier:

Not for nothing, but can everyone who gets rejected from the FairyTale Fights sale help each other out by listing the Best Buy that rejected

you and in what City and State you are in please? Also, those of you that got the deal, please list the BestBuy you got it at to help others.

Also, it's 6:00 PM East Coast time. Is anyone still getting the deal at this time of the day? (Especially in central Florida;))

Well got 2 copies of FF for $0 at one BB and worked without a hitch just like the X-Blades deal when it went down.....but then

I just left another BB close to me (literally 10 minutes ago) and was trying to grab 3 more for flipping ......well coupon didn't work and cashier immediately went to a print out and said deal was ended up corporate.... so either they had already seen several of these and decided to end it at their store or it was actually stopped in the system

So it might be dead now maybe

Picked up a copy of FF this morning in Orange, CA before heading to Disneyland. They had plenty of copies 10+ and coupon worked without any problems.

[quote name='bruticus']Well got 2 copies of FF for $0 at one BB and worked without a hitch just like the X-Blades deal when it went down.....but then

I just left another BB close to me (literally 10 minutes ago) and was trying to grab 3 more for flipping ......well coupon didn't work and cashier immediately went to a print out and said deal was ended up corporate.... so either they had already seen several of these and decided to end it at their store or it was actually stopped in the system

So it might be dead now maybe[/QUOTE]

This doesn't bode well for the SR2 deal tomorrow....

No go for me. Charged regular price then discounted so the final price was 19.99 they stuck with the regular price bit. I was also buying about 200 worth of other products as well so that did not help. This was in League City, Texas

Last edited by a moderator:
Return Fraud definition:

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']If you can wait, take it back the day after Xmas. They'll be swamped with people returning Insignia products and you might not have to show your receipt (but bring it along just in case). They can't give you any lower than $19.99.[/QUOTE]

So I just found out about the Gamer Rewards program today. Do they have these types of deals ($10-$20 off select games) all year, or is this just something they're doing in december for the holidays? I know they are obviously not giving away free games every week like today or I would have heard about it sooner ;), but just want to know if they always have $10-20 off select regular priced games.

[quote name='bruticus']Well got 2 copies of FF for $0 at one BB and worked without a hitch just like the X-Blades deal when it went down.....but then

Thanks for the update bruticus. I think you just saved me some time and gas money. Even if this is just happening store by store, I bet my store is in on it.

Same thing just happened with me. The coupon scanned but didn't work she talked to a manager who just got an email from corporate telling them to not give the game for free. The email was sent at 2:50 p.m. and was to be posted in front of the registers. Too bad I was actually interested in trying this game out.

bread's done
Back