Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']Yeah, the coupon / register is so stupid. It says limit 3 but you can only get $20 one in a single transaction. The Manager overrode it for me. Took 10 mins of arguing.

ANyway, picked up 3 SR2 and a copy of Fairytale Fights on a whim. ($20) Is that game any good?[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, I hear FtF is a GOTY contender ... that's why so many of us were stocking up yesterday. I'm keeping mine for at least 6 months in the closet and then BAM, when the hype machine gets going after it snags a few more industry awards ... can you say pay day ;)

[quote name='confoosious']ANyway, picked up 3 SR2 and a copy of Fairytale Fights on a whim. ($20) Is that game any good?[/QUOTE]

It's horrible. I'd return it if you paid for it. If you really want to play it, you may be able to find a non-hoarder CAG on here to send you one for $5.

[quote name='confoosious']ANyway, picked up 3 SR2 and a copy of Fairytale Fights on a whim. ($20) Is that game any good?[/QUOTE]

LOL, if you had the patience to trudge through the past 100 pages, you would have found that FTF is a basically a crap game that's only good for flipping.

[quote name='sasukekun']Traded 2 copies of each :360::ps3: FTF for $18/each cash ($22.50 credit) at Fyes. Pretty easy transaction. They just asked for my ID and walked out for $72![/QUOTE]

Does the rebates still work when you use credit to buy games with rebates?

...so the farthest fye (26 miles) buys used video games... of course... but the one in my local mall doesnt....

so i can trade ff 360 and ff ps3 at one gamestop and then go to another right after and do the same thing?

[quote name='etcrane']Yeah man, I hear FtF is a GOTY contender ... that's why so many of us were stocking up yesterday. I'm keeping mine for at least 6 months in the closet and then BAM, when the hype machine gets going after it snags a few more industry awards ... can you say pay day ;)[/QUOTE]

A simple "no" wouldve sufficed.
:roll:

I had the manager override the game to $19.99 3 times because the sticker on the boxes. Then we used the $20 off coupon. We didn't know about the only 1/transaction so it rang up as $42 something. If only we went for one we would get it free, but we went ahead and got 3 for $15. We went and did some errands(flipping at gs n bbv) then went back to best buy to get some more sr2's for gifts(great game) but the manager pulled them not wanting anymore sold for free. We think he thought we got all 3 for free when we really paid for each of them. We will try back later this week though.
Did anyone get Saints Row 2 free today? seems like it would have been only if the manager hooked them up.

Every BB within 25 miles of me is sold out of SR2. I was able to take advantage of the fairytale fights deal yesterday, but this one was snatched up really fast. The coupons are good through the 3rd of Jan, so maybe there's still a chance. :roll:

I picked up both PMD games in seperate transactions.

I was curious to see if they had any copies of FTF left so I checked. They still had over 20 copies for both systems. The games were virtually untouched. The funny part is that when I left yesterday, they had 4 copies for the 360 so they must have put more out.

I should've gone crazy but I had only printed out 2 coupons.

The funny thing was I didn't push it all. My wife n I were just like hey what's up. we know the workers and the manager and they didn't blink an eye about it. The manager is cool with me getting 3 free ones but then walked away to take them off to resticker them or something, probly put them back up tomorrow. The cashier and I were just confused when it didn't take all 3 off for free. I should have had them delete the last 2 n try to get 1 free with the manager already manually overriding it three times with login and password lol, i didnt want her to come back when she is back in the middle of the store busy in the christmas sales so we figured the best deal was $5 each after we voided the whole thing n just took it one at a time. i just had one coupon n he rescanned it each time n even gave it back when i left, lol.
This is a great gift game and there really is no profit for flipping this, so this should be good everywhere all week hopefully :)
Yay for Cag

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']How does one go about returning a Fairytale Fights that was charged for on a receipt with others that were free?[/QUOTE]
Ooops, someone bought 6 at one time.

[quote name='Xellos2099']I am guessing Saint Row 2 is actually worth playing instead of flipping.[/QUOTE]

Totally worth playing imo .. better than GTA IV in terms of fun factor and exploration of the map imo. Granted the vehicle controls leave something to be desired and the plot is ludicrous ... but I remember the first time I discovered an underground cave system that runs under the map and the bizarre S&M type room under the graveyard .. it was then I knew this was a keeper ;)

If there is a fellow CAG who got one of the FTF for free not dead set on flipping it send me a pm, trying to get a gift for a younger gamer, he had talked about this game but I sort of talked him out of spending $60 on it.. after I read all the bad reviews..

[quote name='scratchdesk']Traded FTF in at FYE for store credit at $22.50 a pop. Score![/QUOTE]

Same here except took the cash option at $18 for each FTF .... I also picked up 1 SR2 to keep today....

Out of curiosity does anyone know the TIV at FYE for SR2 in case I snag a copy or 2 to trade in before the coupon expires

[quote name='Romis']If there is a fellow CAG who got one of the FTF for free not dead set on flipping it send me a pm, trying to get a gift for a younger gamer, he had talked about this game but I sort of talked him out of spending $60 on it.. after I read all the bad reviews..[/QUOTE]

You realize it's an M rated title right?

I have an extra SR2 game that my friend ended up not wanting. I plan on taking it back to the store by Thursday if I can't find it a home. PM me if you want it, but I will need the $5.30 it cost plus shipping.

If not, that's fine. I can take it back to the store.

[quote name='gorgo']I used my one coupon to get 3 copies of SR2, but had to make it 3 transactions. And btw, I'm not hoarding, 1 is for me, the other 2 will be gifts :)

the Flower Mound, TX BB (at 2499 and 407) has about 20 more copies of SR2 marked $19.99. However, they scan at 24.99, and YMMV over getting it adjusted to FREE for multiples. I felt the $4.99 each was more than a steal as it is, since this is a really good game.

They also had a bunch of Red Factions marked 39.99 ($10 less than the website).[/QUOTE]

That's my Best Buy. Stay away from it! :lol:

Picked up:
Saints Row 2
Mad World
Terminator Salvation

Had to ring it up as 2 different transaction because only one coupon can be used at once. I had to teach the cashier how to do it... Scan items, enter rewards zone info, scan coupon.... A lot of cashiers are not very smart these days which I don't understand since she seemed to be a GeekSquad member.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You guys really went nuts for a $5 game, huh? I didn't find any copies at two Best Buys at around 12:30/1:30.[/QUOTE]

My store (Bakersfield, CA) had TONS. 4 different stacks of them at at least 10 per.

[quote name='oasisboy']So how are people getting Fairy Tales Night for free? I dont see a coupon anywhere on bestbuy.com[/QUOTE]

It only worked early in the day yesterday (Sunday) before they nerfed it (plus the coupon expired at the end of Sunday anyway).

It was last weeks coupon. Luckily for me the cashier was stupid today and rung it up so I got my copy for free. The bastards at Bestbuy jacked up the price of Saints Row 2 to make us pay a $5.00 difference.

[quote name='oasisboy']So how are people getting Fairy Tales Night for free? I dont see a coupon anywhere on bestbuy.com[/QUOTE]

Probably because that coupon expired yesterday. Reading comprehension + OP = success!

Got this from SD: Thanx to katnced

Best Buy B&M - Free PS3 Saints Row 2 w/ coupon + more - starts 12/21 YMMV Starting 12/21, the Best Buy Reward Zone gamers club will post the following coupons.
Print coupons from here: http://myrewardzone.com/gamersclub

As will all free items after rewards coupons, YMMV.

You must have a rewards zone card for the coupons. It's free, so sign up.

$20 off these select titles:
DS - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time - $29.99 or $10 AC
DS - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness - $29.999 or $10 AC
PSP - Gran Turismo
PS3 - Saints Row 2 - $19.99 or FREE AC or $5 (still priced in-store at $19.99 @ most places but ringing up @ $24.99)
PS3 - Saw - $59.99 or $39.99 AC
PS3 - Red Faction - $39.99 or $20 AC
Wii - Monsters Vs. Aliens - $49.99 or $30 AC
XBOX 360 - Saw - $59.99 or $39.99 AC
XBOx 360 - Transformers 2 - $39.99 or $20 AC

$10 off these select titles:
PC - Saints Row 2
XBOX 360 - Terminator Salvation - $19.99 or $10 AC
XBOX 360 - Street Fighter IV - $29.99 or $20 AC
Wii - High School Musical 3 Dance - $29.99 or $20 AC
Wii - Let's Tap - $19.99 or $10 AC
Wii - Rolling Stone Drum King - $15.99 or $6 AC
Wii - MadWorld - $19.99 or $10 AC
Wii - All Star Cheerleader 2 - $29.99 or $20 AC
Wii - Silent Hill - $49.99 or $40 AC

$5 off these select titles:
All Platforms - Avatar

Old news december bestbuy reward zone topic has all this info...also you have to pay $5 for saints row 2 they jacked up the price $5.

I've seen this asked a few times, but I can't seem to find it answered.. is it possible to trade in 1 copy of a game for each system (PS3/360) at a Gamestop location and then go to a different location and do the same thing back to back on the same day?

Called my local GS and the guy said 1 per system, per day, per customer.

I haven't traded games into GS in a very long time, don't know if they keep your info in their systems or something and if they are all connected.

(maybe the wrong thread to ask in, but it seemed like a decent place to ask with the whole FTF thing going down recently.)

LOL What a good past couple of days. I have made $88 in Blockbuster credit($21.19 of which I used on a used copy of Heavenly Sword for PS3), $32 in Hollywood Video credit($10 of which I used on 2 games to trade into GS)and $59 in Gamestop credit(of which I used $50+ on for the GOW Collection and 2 pre-orders, GOWIII and Darksiders).

All of this has been thanks to the free copies of Fairytale Fights for PS3 and 360, of which I still have 6 copies left. LMFAO

Thank you Best Buy and Merry fuckin' Christmas.

grrr...my bestbuy changed Saint's Row from $20 to $30 from last week. With my backlog i would have bit for free-$5 but for $10 i can wait.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']I've seen this asked a few times, but I can't seem to find it answered.. is it possible to trade in 1 copy of a game for each system (PS3/360) at a Gamestop location and then go to a different location and do the same thing back to back on the same day?

Called my local GS and the guy said 1 per system, per day, per customer.

I haven't traded games into GS in a very long time, don't know if they keep your info in their systems or something and if they are all connected.

(maybe the wrong thread to ask in, but it seemed like a decent place to ask with the whole FTF thing going down recently.)[/QUOTE]

I have done 1 copy for each system before at two different gs's. Possible it's different in your area though. Employees have always told me that 1 copy for each system per day is fine.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I have done 1 copy for each system before at two different gs's. Possible it's different in your area though. Employees have always told me that 1 copy for each system per day is fine.[/QUOTE]

Does Gamestop happen to have a cash option when trading in games? If they do, can you use your EDGE card to get 10% more when doing cash?

Had to ring it up as 2 separate transactions, but got 2 copies of SR2 for $5 each. I don't know if the cashier was good or if it all rang up automatically, but something weird definitely happened in the system. Shelf tag said $24.99, but it looks like they rung up as $19.99 and the coupon zeroed it out, then it flashed, then the $4.99 price rang up. All good.

And only the lowest CAG's feel the need to hurl hate and expletives over paying $5 for a good $20 game ("they jacked up the price! Grr! Gnash! Snarl! Sob!"). Give it a rest. :roll:

That's the last time I trust Best Buy's store locator. Since I was going to the mall anyways and there was a BB in the area, which the website said was the only one with stock of SR2, I went out there. Of course, they had none and I had to deal with all this stupid holiday traffic. I stopped by the GS at the mall to see if the Indigo Prophecy they had was complete and it wasn't (they wouldn't tell me on the phone if it was or not because it was out amongst all the other bargain bin PS2 games).

So on the way home, I stop at the BB near my house which the stock indicator said it didn't have any, and it had 20+ copies. Ultimate FAIL.

$5 SR2 and all that driving wasn't worth it.

Well, i tried using one, and the manager kept giving me some BS excuse on why they couldnt accept them O_O. Ill just try again tommorow, didnt really care much either way, already had SR2 on 360 and beat it practically 100%.

[quote name='Zippon']

And only the lowest CAG's feel the need to hurl hate and expletives over paying $5 for a good $20 game ("they jacked up the price! Grr! Gnash! Snarl! Sob!"). Give it a rest. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I bet you some CAGs fought with the manager to get it for free.

$5 is a steal as it is.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Does Gamestop happen to have a cash option when trading in games? If they do, can you use your EDGE card to get 10% more when doing cash?[/QUOTE]

They do but cash value is a few bucks less. Don't believe you can get more cash with the EDGE card.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']They do but cash value is probably a few bucks less. Don't believe you can get more cash with the EDGE card.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the info :)

[quote name='evildeadjedi']They do but cash value is a few bucks less. Don't believe you can get more cash with the EDGE card.[/QUOTE]

Correct. I believe it's 80 cents on the dollar for each game if taken in cash value ( i.e $10 store credit will net only $8 cash ).

bread's done
Back