Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad they raised the price to $24.99. Paying $5.00 is way less suspicious (and less chance of being denied) than paying nothing and getting something for free.

[quote name='MasterSun1']I'm glad they raised the price to $24.99. Paying $5.00 is way less suspicious (and less chance of being denied) than paying nothing and getting something for free.[/QUOTE]

And it keeps all the retards from grabbing 30 copies, since they're too cheap (don't have an income) to pay $5 each.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']They do but cash value is a few bucks less. Don't believe you can get more cash with the EDGE card.[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you have the Edge card it adds 10% to cash trades now, which lessens the percent they take off to only 10% then.:D

I learned that when I was trading copies of Gears Of War 2 from one of the last HWV $5 sales when they qualified at the end of it.;)

Oh and FYI, they let me trade in 2 copies of Fairytale Fights earlier today, one for the 360 and one for the PS3. They trade at $9 credit each before any bumps.:D

I tried to pick up one each of Saint's Row 2, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness, and Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, but the register only took $20 off of one game. Eventually a manager had to come and manually override the other 2 to take $20 off each one individually. That is the first time a coupon has not worked smoothly for me though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, if you have the Edge card it adds 10% to cash trades now, which lessens the percent they take off to only 10% then.:D

I learned that when I was trading copies of Gears Of War 2 from one of the last HWV $5 sales when they qualified at the end of it.;)

Oh and FYI, they let me trade in 2 copies of Fairytale Fights earlier today, one for the 360 and one for the PS3. They trade at $9 credit each before any bumps.:D[/QUOTE]

Good to know I have not done a cash trade at gs in a long time.

I'm relieved that I'm not seeing a ton of fairytale fights on craigslist in my area(in fact I have yet to see one posted).

Can't find a copy of SR2 in San Diego. I actually want to play this game, so if someone could hook me up I would greatly appreciate it.

Grabbed Let's Tap for $10, had a few more copies. I'm sure if it had been free, I would have been a few hours too late, so hooray for coupon revision!

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Good to know I have not done a cash trade at gs in a long time.

I'm relieved that I'm not seeing a ton of fairytale fights on craigslist in my area(in fact I have yet to see one posted).[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to put up a copy for each system and price them at like $20-25 each, just to see if I get someone looking for a weird last minute Christmas present to bite.:lol::lol:

I showed the guys at HWV and GS my receipts from BB today and they just about passed out from laughing so much over the deal I got.:lol:

Yeah I was running laps with my wife to the gamestops and with a 3sum of ftf360 ftfps3 and sr2 we got $35 credit each time. you can get that wii rock one for another $4credit but it wasn't worth it to me if they didn't take it, where as I love Saints Row 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm tempted to put up a copy for each system and price them at like $20-25 each, just to see if I get someone looking for a weird last minute Christmas present to bite.:lol::lol:

I showed the guys at HWV and GS my receipts from BB today and they just about passed out from laughing so much over the deal I got.:lol:[/QUOTE]

It's possible you just never know with CL.

Actually, correction someone is selling it but it's in a bundle and was posted on 12/11.....WAIT SOMEONE ACTUALLY bought that game for full price??!?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/vgm/1504891520.html

Has some great titles but will not separate them. Definitely asking way too much since Borderlands, Dragon Age, l4d2, Halo ODST, and MW2 are the only "newer" titles.

[quote name='Velo214']Yeah I was running laps with my wife to the gamestops and with a 3sum of ftf360 ftfps3 and sr2 we got $35 credit each time. you can get that wii rock one for another $4credit but it wasn't worth it to me if they didn't take it, where as I love Saints Row 2.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'm about to head out to GS and Game Crazy and hopefully get enough credit at one to get a preorder on Bayonetta :)

I checked craigslist last night for all this stuff and none was posted... i didn't wanna go that route so I just went for credit.
oh and before any hoard flaming we just had it work at one best buy yesterday, first in the morning and once at 3pm and ended up with 8 copies. I wish we would have gone to the other bestbuys in the area as it was super easy with no problems but we were busy with other things(daughters/school/work).

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I'm relieved that I'm not seeing a ton of fairytale fights on craigslist in my area(in fact I have yet to see one posted).[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity I checked my own CL to see how many were there, not a single posting for one. Pretty surprising if you ask me.

[quote name='dabamus']Hello fellow Ohioan![/QUOTE]

Hey man! Are you near Clevetown? Cincy? or Cbus? I'm guessing Cleve because didn't you have Tallmadge as your town before?

[quote name='Gbear09']Out of curiosity I checked my own CL to see how many were there, not a single posting for one. Pretty surprising if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm also baffled I guess gs, BBV, BB, Toys R Us, Amazon, FYE, and GameCrazy/HWV are going to be flooded with them. Not to mention E-bay looks like it's worth 650 points per system on Goozex.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Hey are you near Clevetown? Cincy? or Cbus? I'm guessing Cleve because didn't you have Tallmedge as your town?[/QUOTE]

he's always at the chapel hill bestbuy so he must be close!

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Hey are you near Clevetown? Cincy? or Cbus? I'm guessing Cleve because didn't you have Tallmedge as your town?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I'm actually near Ravenna. I range from Canton to Akron to Cleveland when I go expeditioning though for free games and stuff like that. :p

LOL I just put a copy up on CL in my area for the hell of it to see if I get any bites. I priced it $35 or 'trade for Brutal Legend for PS3'.

LOL Let's see if I get any bites for this game.

[quote name='dabamus']Nope. I'm actually near Ravenna. I range from Canton to Akron to Cleveland when I go expeditioning though for free games and stuff like that. :p[/QUOTE]

You can try Canton if you want, but me and my friends usually pick through most of what they have. :p Grabbed their copies of FFT yesterday at 8 on the mark. Glad that you are more north...less competition down here.

is it still 22.50 at FYE? manager told me 18.00 3 hours ago. Dunno why he'd try to rip me off but had to sell to BBV for value store credit.

22.00 * 15 = 330 + 16.50 (tax)

please help with suggestions on how to spend this wisely. I'm thinking ps3 and haggle for free uncharted 2 w/ discount on another game

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']You can try Canton if you want, but me and my friends usually pick through most of what they have. :p Grabbed their copies of FFT yesterday at 8 on the mark. Glad that you are more north...less competition down here.[/QUOTE]

I picked up 3 copies of the 360 version yesterday, so you weren't that thorough. :p

I'm guessing you guys were the ones to get all the copies of the PS3 version right at 8 though.(was told about it by a cashier)

I left some for other CAGs though at the locations I hit, whenever possible. I was at the Chapel Hill one at 8AM. Kinda pissed that Panera didn't open til 730AM though, because it only gave me ~15 minutes to get a smoothie and catch up on CAG on my laptop. :p

It's $18 cash if your FYE is taking in games.(they bullshitted me at the Chapel Hill one twice about being "too busy to take trades" when there were two other customers in the store other than me, and they were just browsing...

[quote name='nixmahn']is it still 22.50 at FYE? manager told me 18.00 3 hours ago. Dunno why he'd try to rip me off but had to sell to BBV for value store credit.

22.00 * 15 = 330 + 16.50 (tax)

please help with suggestions on how to spend this wisely. I'm thinking ps3 and haggle for free uncharted 2 w/ discount on another game[/QUOTE]

The $18 TIV for FYE is for CASH trades, while the credit value would be higher.

As for all of the credit, I can't believe you managed to find a Blockbuster that 1) took all of the copies of the game and 2) still sells consoles.

That was my intention(buy a spare PS3 to put on Craigslist for $250), but none of the BBV stores by me sell hardware anymore.

BTW, your 15 copies will be converted to rental copies probably, since they don't even carry the game aside from all of our trades.

So, in a way, we are helping Blockbuster by giving them a new title to rent for a while.;)

I thought I posted this earlier but it isn't in my previous posts. I got a couple of SR2s for my friends and one backed out. I'm gonna return it to BB if I can't find it a home. $5.30 plus shipping if you are interested, send me a PM.

Picked up the last two copies of Saints Row 2 that my store had.

Was disappointed to see that my store had at least 11 copies of FF. I should have went, but you win some, you lose some, in this case, a few $100 dollars.

Yeah the Bbv I went to was like, oh the trade in must be so high cuz we don't have any copies. and then I walked in an hour later and said I bought another one for $5 off cl and he said I was ripping off the system, lol. yeah, no consoles at my blockbuster but they had the 10 off mw2 or uncharted 2 and so an fairytale flip 360/ps3 at one blockbuster can net you a game. that game trades modern warfare 2 for $30 at gamestop n uncharted $25. I didnt go that full circle though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The $18 TIV for FYE is for CASH trades, while the credit value would be higher.

As for all of the credit, I can't believe you managed to find a Blockbuster that 1) took all of the copies of the game and 2) still sells consoles.

That was my intention(buy a spare PS3 to put on Craigslist for $250), but none of the BBV stores by me sell hardware anymore.

BTW, your 15 copies will be converted to rental copies probably, since they don't even carry the game aside from all of our trades.

So, in a way, we are helping Blockbuster by giving them a new title to rent for a while.;)[/QUOTE]

Now I'm mad, the FYE manager told me 18.00 for store credit. I liked that FYE too, only 1 around here left that did game rebates.

Anyways, any good PS3 deals I can try to price match with? They have to order one and ship it to local but I can get one and they are happy to do it because they said they get credit for selling it.

Only problem is they know I have a value card and I have to spend it at BBV. How do I over come this to get a good deal for my moneys worth?

I got $44 credit at BBV by trading in one FF for each platform, and then got a copy of MW2 360.

I then went and traded that into Toys r us for $35 and traded in 5 copies of FF(at two different TRU, not all 5 at one) for $10.50 a pop. Ended up with $87.50 credit.

I'm getting a giftcard for Applebees for my dad, and two giftcards for a resteraunt TBD for me and a friend to go on a date to. The rest I'll just use on cheap baseball cards or something.

F That... I'm going to make some trades tomorrow... FTF, $5 copies of SR2 and $5 copies of Tomb Raider: Anniv. from Target (that I got free $20 point cards on)... My goal is to take $50 of cheap and free games and turn it into a PS3... I think it's possible. I just have to fine tune the numbers.

oh def possible trade those 4 to gs's for like $50 each, do that to a few game stops and you got credit enough.
the 2 fairytalefights are free, $5 sr2, $5trs. I dont know what trs going for but at least $45+whatever the trade in for tomb raider is. if you have 2 gamestops near you, just go back n forth and 2 trips to each gets you +$200 credit for $40 worth of games. that's just if you go to gamestop.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The $18 TIV for FYE is for CASH trades, while the credit value would be higher.

So, in a way, we are helping Blockbuster by giving them a new title to rent for a while.;)[/QUOTE]

I know, from the posts here I figured 4 (2 for each system) at most but I found 2 that would buy all the copies, hehe. 1st one offered 22.00 each and had a few Wii's for sale. Then went to FYE and manager told me 18.00 (so dissappointed) so I went to the 2nd BBV and they said they could get me a PS3, so I sold.

[quote name='Velo214']oh def possible trade those 4 to gs's for like $50 each, do that to a few game stops and you got credit enough.
the 2 fairytalefights are free, $5 sr2, $5trs. I dont know what trs going for but at least $45+whatever the trade in for tomb raider is. if you have 2 gamestops near you, just go back n forth and 2 trips to each gets you +$200 credit for $40 worth of games. that's just if you go to gamestop.[/QUOTE]

how do you get 50.00 each at GS? I'm new to this and never traded at GS

I went to two BBV's today & trade in 4 copies of FTF @ each store. Each store's manager called their DM to confirm how many they can accept for customers trading in multiple copies of the same game.

Basically I ended up trading 2 PS3 & 2 360 copies per store. The first store I went to, the manager said he could only take those 4 copies, since he didn't think he'd have an easy time moving them out of inventory. That store had a 40 gig PS3 (older model yeah I know) w/ Spiderman 3 Bluray bundle along w/ LBP for $299.

The 2nd store I went to, the guy said I could come back in tomorrow to trade in more copies. They had one PS3 40 gig there as well, however he said it didn't include any games...for the same price of the PS3 bundle of the other store. I might shop around & see if any of the other stores have the 80 gig model or attractive bundles. Oddly enough, I prefer the look of the older PS3 systems anyways.

50 total bro for the two system ftf's, $5sr2, and some $2+tiv filler game. gives ya 9+9+5+_+.10% tiv(with edge) + 20(4gametradein)= $50+ gamestop credit
i like the older ps3s more too...slicker...lol...bulkier. i dealed that one a year ago with the $150 off sony rewards thread :) everyone complaining til the pricedrop that I got 12months ago. :) Yay4CAG

There were several copies at Mesa, AZ, but they had two different spots, one was empty.

Anyways, the CSR was helpful, the coupon only applied for Grand Turismo, but he manually applied $20 for SR2.

[quote name='dabamus']Nope. I'm actually near Ravenna. I range from Canton to Akron to Cleveland when I go expeditioning though for free games and stuff like that. :p[/QUOTE]

Oh okay that's cool I'm in the central area near Cbus so I usually have lots of options of places to find games. However, I don't have much luck with Target clearance games.

Bestbuy allow 1 game per transaction. End up got SR2 $5, Pokemon: explorer of darkness & Times $10 each, Let Tap $10. Plan to picked up Red Faction but the price went up $39.99 instead $29.99 :(

Missed out on Fairytale Fights because of the massive snow storm we had this weekend. :bomb:

Finally managed to dig my way out today though and went and picked up two copies of Saints Row 2 (one for me and one for my brother). For some reason the coupon only rang up on one copy. The cashier didn't know what to do, so she called over a manager. He proceeded to try to give me some story about how it only worked for one copy for this coupon, and the "Limit 3 of each title per platform per offer" on it actually meant that each customer could get up to three copies of a title out of all of the coupons that Best Buy ever issues, but could only get one on any one particular coupon offer. I told him that that made no damn sense and was not at all what the coupon said, to which he gave me some condescending reply about how he "didn't know how he could explain it any more clearly." I was nearly tempted to just take one and go to another store to get another, but decided that I wasn't letting the asshole have his way when he was clearly in the wrong. Finally he gave in and marked the second one down manually.

Why is Best Buy never able to get things right in their system?

Because their managers(especially the general managers) are idiots. The one GM I spoke to and had help me with a coupon a few weeks ago didn't even know how to fully operate the register. :/

I might go by GS tomorrow to trade in 2 or 3 copies towards Valkyria Chronicles...or the 4 + 20 deal to get Demon's Souls.

I can't wait. LMAO :applause:

[quote name='DeskLaser']I tried to pick up one each of Saint's Row 2, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness, and Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, but the register only took $20 off of one game. Eventually a manager had to come and manually override the other 2 to take $20 off each one individually. That is the first time a coupon has not worked smoothly for me though.[/QUOTE]

That happen to me. Tried to pick up two copies of SR2 for me and a friend and it only dropped the discount on one.

[quote name='arcane93']Missed out on Fairytale Fights because of the massive snow storm we had this weekend. :bomb:

Finally managed to dig my way out today though and went and picked up two copies of Saints Row 2 (one for me and one for my brother). For some reason the coupon only rang up on one copy. The cashier didn't know what to do, so she called over a manager. He proceeded to try to give me some story about how it only worked for one copy for this coupon, and the "Limit 3 of each title per platform per offer" on it actually meant that each customer could get up to three copies of a title out of all of the coupons that Best Buy ever issues, but could only get one on any one particular coupon offer. I told him that that made no damn sense and was not at all what the coupon said, to which he gave me some condescending reply about how he "didn't know how he could explain it any more clearly." I was nearly tempted to just take one and go to another store to get another, but decided that I wasn't letting the asshole have his way when he was clearly in the wrong. Finally he gave in and marked the second one down manually.

Why is Best Buy never able to get things right in their system?[/QUOTE]

to avoid hoarders and flippers of course

bread's done
Back