December Episode of Qore is FREE on PSN

Just looked at what it is and it should be free every month. :) I'll still check it out though, thanks for posting...

[quote name='$hady']Just looked at what it is and it should be free every month. :) [/quote]

No shit. Live has stuff like Qore everyday for free. It's basically one big commercial so I don't see why they charge for this digital magazine/commercial.

Thanks for the post though. I will definitely download the episodes when they are free.

FYI: Official Playstation magazine usually gives a free download code for a certain core episode in their magazine.

WOW. That thing took soooo long to download (felt like two hours) and man was that a waste of time. The video featurettes were like three minutes long. The first one I watched was for bionnic commando and I was shocked when it ended after talking to the guy for two minutes and about thirty seconds of gameplay. NEVER AGAIN QORE, NEVER AGAIN!

[quote name='robbrism']No shit. Live has stuff like Qore everyday for free. It's basically one big commercial so I don't see why they charge for this digital magazine/commercial.

Thanks for the post though. I will definitely download the episodes when they are free.

FYI: Official Playstation magazine usually gives a free download code for a certain core episode in their magazine.[/QUOTE]

The same live that charges for its wallpaper when most of the wallpaper on PSN is free?

[quote name='robbrism']No shit. Live has stuff like Qore everyday for free. It's basically one big commercial so I don't see why they charge for this digital magazine/commercial.

FYI: Official Playstation magazine usually gives a free download code for a certain core episode in their magazine.[/quote]

Dont premium, "gold" members also get advanced access to demos on LIVE? Thats basically all QORE is.

Anyway its gimped like the ones you can get with the magazine codes, no demos.

Thanks OP. I would add my 2c to the Live vs PSN debate, but everyone's made up their mind already anyway... play what you like.

[quote name='62t']The same live that charges for its wallpaper when most of the wallpaper on PSN is free?[/quote]

Yeah but jeez...the wallpaper on the PSN is usually just one background. Sometimes it may change but it's not worth paying for. At least Live's old wallpapers changed with each blade and sometimes felt worth your buck or two. But now with the new update it is just like the PSN's...one background the whole time you are going thru the interface. Live charging for "premium" wallpapers now is a freaking joke.

But there are plenty of crappy free ones on Live as well. ;)

[quote name='robbrism']Yeah but jeez...the wallpaper on the PSN is usually just one background. Sometimes it may change but it's not worth paying for. At least Live's old wallpapers changed with each blade and sometimes felt worth your buck or two. But now with the new update it is just like the PSN's...one background the whole time you are going thru the interface. Live charging for "premium" wallpapers now is a freaking joke.

But there are plenty of crappy free ones on Live as well. ;)[/QUOTE]

there are free themes on PSN too, and the icon changes. You can also make your own image as wallpaper. Plus all your old wallpapers dont look as good with NXE.

I got free themes for most of Sony games, as well as Valkyria Chronicles.

downloaded it (1.3gigs)
deleted it 5 minutes later....

Who would pay for this crap?

Please dont pay for it.

Dont support this. Thanks.

I buy individual Qore episodes for $1.99 for the betas they come with. Otherwise, Qore is pretty much just useless.

I tried downloading it, but it got stuck at 6% for an hour and never progressed further. The attempted downloaded also seemed to keep interfering with me being signed into XBL. I kept getting disconnected from XBL while trying to download on the PS3 at the same time. Probably just a bandwidth issue, but Sony is probably happy that I couldn't be on XBL at the same time as downloading their show.

LOL

I also downloaded this for free, and immediately felt sorry for those who have a subscription. I'm all for premium online content, but charging money for an ad with ads in it is kind of ridiculous.

[quote name='depascal22']With a name like Victoria Belmont, she should watch out for Dracula. [/QUOTE]

With a name like that, Dracula should watch out for HER.

[quote name='mkelehan']I also downloaded this for free, and immediately felt sorry for those who have a subscription. I'm all for premium online content, but charging money for an ad with ads in it is kind of ridiculous.

With a name like that, Dracula should watch out for HER.[/quote]

lol.

I think people that get the subscription get premium demos or something. or early demos. i think sony was trying to copy how XBL gold members get to d/l stuff before everyone else. i'm not defending it but i think that's what the general idea was.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Qore is lame. Even as a freebie with what's now Playstation the magazine it's barely worth downloading. Actually it isn't worth downloading, but I do anyway, just in case.

Veronica Belmont is...umm...the only reason to download it :D

Now if it was 1.5GB of HD video of her... :D

I've never downloaded it but like someone said it's saving grace is beta access it seems. But not all episodes have that obviously..

First, I'd like to commend Sony and Future Publishing for making this episode of Qore free, so that people can judge whether or not the product is worth it. Kudos.

With that out of the way, let me just say that unless this issue was much worse than the others there is no way Qore itself is worth spending money on. There is little to no new info, and while I like Veronica Belmont, here she is just reading cards and making awful jokes and puns like the hosts of awful G4 video game shows. Dressing up in a dumb outfit and running around with some sheep in the flock feature? This is pretty terrible, IMO. And there really isn't all that much content. Why all the loading? Switching between features and the main menu should be near instantaneous for something like this. All it is are pictures, some music and links to videos. I just don't understand.

Why do they even bother with the content because It's obvious to me that 80% of people who purchase Qore probably do it solely for the "bonuses" (early demos, beta access, etc.). It's the old demo disc mags all over again but this time there ARE other ways to get the demos, but they are artificially withholding them to sell the "magazine", which few people purchase it for anyway. I'd rather they just charge $2.00 for the demo as opposed to $3.00 for the content+demo, but then the "paying for early demos" would be more obvious and might engender ill will.

Yeah, that's a good point about the loading. I mean all this is is a front end to videos and demos, which you don't even need it for. It's weird there's any coding involved at all really.

Honestly, Veronica Belmont is the only reason I even keep downloading these. And then officially it's for-pay, yet it's loaded with ads. Which it be totally fine if they just gave it away (which...I mean they sort of do actually because of the magazine, but...)

I downloaded this and it was OK (too little content for the download time & size of the file).. but when I went to demo section to download Flock it said it was unavailable. Or was that only supposed to be for subscribers? I really want to try that game, it looks fun.

I'm a Playstation magazine subscriber and they've given a PSN code for Qore for the past few months. Let me be clear: I LOVE my PS3 and I really enjoy the magazine but Qore isn't worth a penny. It's basically just a few advertisements for upcoming games. I don't know about you but I don't pay for advertisements!!!

lolz do people pay for these?

I guess it's an easy way to milk $3 out of the craziest of crazy playstation fanboys.

Or something.

What I actually WOULD like is video REVIEWS. I don't care about previews, whether it's in print, online, or in videos. I mean who cares? Why read all this stuff about a game, because it'll only end up:

-stinking, in which case you wasted your time, or
-being awesome, in which case you'd be better off knowing less about it

I just don't see the point in previews. I also hate how unlike a magazine, these you can't easily stop, bookmark, etc. I just basically don't see the point to any of this.

How about a Veronica Belmont theme though? :D Oh she is sooooo yummy (have I been gross enough yet? :D )

Why would you want a Qore video review?

It's a marketing tool. They're not going to tell you anything is bad!

Maybe. Nintendo Power actually seemed to be at least somewhat independent when it was run by Nintendo. (And it and the other two Future magazines still seem to be fairly independent.) So it's not impossible it would be useful.

At any rate, I'd FAR more like actual reviews on there. I'd actually watch ones for games I was interested in.

It's not THAT bad for $3 or $25/yr. For those that are comparing it to Live, keep in mind, XBL Gold has an annual subscription fee. PSN is free.

You won't find any ground breaking info here. It's basically advertising in a slick package. They definitely need to promote Qore more. I thought launching without a free trial was kind of weird. Maybe this will net them some subscribers.

[quote name='mkelehan']With a name like that, Dracula should watch out for HER.[/quote]

Haha, took the words right out of my mouth.:applause:

Misbitski, PSN seems pretty good to me though. I mean the few times I've used it, I jump right into a game and it works fine (although I guess MGS4 needs a second login?) But...Qore...just has Veronica Belmont :D

[quote name='Wolfpup']Misbitski, PSN seems pretty good to me though. I mean the few times I've used it, I jump right into a game and it works fine (although I guess MGS4 needs a second login?) But...Qore...just has Veronica Belmont :D[/QUOTE]

I agree on all counts. I've got no gripes about PSN at all, and the videos, free themes, demos, etc. are all great. I actually haven't used much of the online play of PSN yet. Most of my friends are XB360 owners or they play hardly any PS3.

Qore seems like a unique idea that could use some work. Hopefully, they don't kill it off since it could be a nice bonus for PS3 owners.

I'm glad this was free, but holy cow was it awful.
THIS is PSN's answer to Live service?

I'd much rather have an Enlgish-language version of Mainichi Issho. At least Taro and Kuro (right?) have class.

I checked out the "Free" Qore but I would have to say they made a tremdous blunder by not "giving" the free content away. The whole idea of Qore is to reward the viewer, entice them to become a subscriber which by waving a carrot in front of you with the free downloads:

Flock - demo
PSN game Calling All Cars - full game

they Missed the Mark!

I had never viewed and episode, and as I watched I did think back to the disc's game magazines would supply with the 'disc version' giving tidbits of info on games, demos's and maybe a code or such and I know they charged more than $2 for the disc version over the non-disc.

But with Qore at only $2/mth, I really don't see it being so terrible considering if they give you at least 2 psn games per year. Sure it could be more but figure in the cost of the freebie this month "Calling all Cars" at $9.99 you got it at a deal: $2 PSN game? not bad

Xbox live doesn't hardly give you anything but ways to buy more stuff, and play games you've already paid premium prices for to game companies ( who also paid money to be able to access the microsoft network) That to mean seem like we're being charged twice, the fee's game companies pass on in pricing and Live Membership costs we pay

I still use both systems, but it's nice to not have to have a "membership" with psn

bread's done
Back