Decent deals for PS4, 3DS, and XBONE @ jet.com

ebaymarcaro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Just wanted bring some attention that the newly launched "amazon competitor" jet.com has some decent deals on video games.

Yes, these at not all-time low prices for most of the games.

HOWEVER, you can get some really good deals that are at or near all-time lows if you buy multiple items.

Nintendo:

Nintendo $50 eShop card ~$49.75

Nintendo $35 eShop card: $33.60  

Kingdom Hearts: Drop Distance 3DS $19.16

Smash Brothers 3DS: $25.19

Wind Waker HD WiiU: $34.90

Microsoft:

Dying Light XBOX ONE: $27.02

Kingdom Amalur: Reckoning for XBOX 360: $10.26

Sony:

GTA V for PS$: 41.99

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax PS3: $19.19

Final Fantasy Type-0: $31.58

Alien Isolation PS4: $19.79

Dark Souls 2 Black Armor Edition for PS3: $21.33

These base prices may not be the best ever, but they are cheaper than current Amazon / Gamestop  / BB (non-GCU) prices.

jet.com gives you increasingly better deals with the more items you purchase. So if you were buying any groceries / household supplies, these prices drop further. For the above, I've gotten another 20-40% off these prices just by buying some soap, dish detergent, basic groceries (which were already cheaper than anywhere else). 

For example, let's say I'm buying some toothpaste for $2.37, some olive oil for $16.63, some bar soap $5.56. All of which are good prices by themselves. Wind Waker drops to $32.53, $50 eShop code drops to $42.35, GTA V drops to $39.60. Those are already good prices that are even lower than BB w/ GCU.

Prices keep dropping steadily with each additional item, though some things level off after 10 items in your cart. Generally, with ~6 items in your cart, most games are very good deals.

e.g., Kirby and the Rainbow Curse drops to ~$27.31, Captain Toad Wii U drops to ~$23.81, Super Mario 3D World for Wii U drops to $36.90, Rayman Legends Wii U drops to ~$11.90, Mortal Kombat X for XBONE drops to ~$32.16

There are also good deals on movies. e.g., My Neighbord Totoro Bluray is $17.28 base price, but drops to ~$12.78 in the above example. I've never seen Totoro blu-ray below $15 unless you do the disney video family deal (but then you have to buy 10 movies).

Hope this is useful for some people!

Last edited by a moderator:
God forbid anyone contribute anything new or potentially worthwhile.
Unless they have 53468953256 active posts.

Good job OP, a little lengthy, but good.
Thanks, yeah I knew it was a little lengthy and that would immediately draw a lot of criticism / turn off people, but I wanted to try to make it clear how to work their website to get decent discounts.

I'm not getting the link to a pyramid scheme that some people are claiming. There are no referrals, prices don't decrease if others buy in, honestly couldn't give a f*ck who uses the website. The company seems like it's trying to be a Costco meets Amazon. It's an interesting business model. Trading off price for buying in bulk, but I'm skeptical that it will survive.

Does JET have business/commmercial accounts with arranged bulk discounts with these retailers like Newegg, Toysrus, Walmart, etc?  Or are they just using personal/public accounts because that is just weird to think how much money they are losing per order! 

my-friend-while-being-introduced-to-a-pyramid-scheme-112205.png

Does JET have business/commmercial accounts with arranged bulk discounts with these retailers like Newegg, Toysrus, Walmart, etc? Or are they just using personal/public accounts because that is just weird to think how much money they are losing per order!
Not sure. Regardless, they're selling at a loss right now according to the news coverage on them. They might have some discount w/ retailers, but not that much. I had some things arrive from walmart today (purchased from jet). There was a walmart receipt included. The prices on the receipt were more than what I paid.

They have a bunch of funding so they can live off of that for the time being:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/jet-com-raises-140-million-led-by-bain-capital-ventures-1423696950

It's not entirely clear what their longterm plan is. It sounds like they're banking on a subscription-based service where you get free shipping (similar to Amazon Prime or Walmart's new subscription service):

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2474944,00.asp

I really don't see that taking off. Pretty much For their launch, they were giving away 1 yr. free shipping with your first purchase. You need a code. There are still a few floating around the SD threads. I think CURISMA might still work. If you're interested, there's a grocery thread on SD where people are comparing prices with Prime Pantry.

Thanks OP. Never heard of the site before. While I didn't buy anything this time, I'm going to keep an eye on it. If you take the time to sit down and calculate the discounts I can see some savings to be had. GTA V PS4 is $41.99 just buying it alone, definitely possible to bring it down if you buy other stuff.

Don't quite see the hate this thread is receiving. Some of the deals are really not that bad (quite decent actually).

--Fellow CAG that has been here for years

Thanks OP. Never heard of the site before. While I didn't buy anything this time, I'm going to keep an eye on it. If you take the time to sit down and calculate the discounts I can see some savings to be had. GTA V PS4 is $41.99 just buying it alone, definitely possible to bring it down if you buy other stuff.
Yeah, you can easily get sucked into seeing how to get prices lower by messing with item combinations and how you add them to your cart. It's a weird algorithm that (at least) seems to take into account the number of items you're buying, where they're shipping from, and your location. Since they basically aim to undercut the competition, it's a good website to keep in mind when something is on sale at Amazon (that seems to be the main retailer they're basing their pricing off.

Don't quite see the hate this thread is receiving. Some of the deals are really not that bad (quite decent actually).

--Fellow CAG that has been here for years
Thanks.

Maybe I should have just listed GTA V... Someone posted that alone over at SDs and people were pleased (it has a few thumbs up).

I tried highlighting a few good prices including GTA and that the vendor is in general worth keeping an eye on, and the thread gets trashed...

It also seems like the majority of people here had no clue about jet.com where people over on SD know about it by now, so that probably factors into it.

Not sure. Regardless, they're selling at a loss right now according to the news coverage on them. They might have some discount w/ retailers, but not that much. I had some things arrive from walmart today (purchased from jet). There was a walmart receipt included. The prices on the receipt were more than what I paid.

They have a bunch of funding so they can live off of that for the time being:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/jet-com-raises-140-million-led-by-bain-capital-ventures-1423696950

It's not entirely clear what their longterm plan is. It sounds like they're banking on a subscription-based service where you get free shipping (similar to Amazon Prime or Walmart's new subscription service):

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2474944,00.asp

I really don't see that taking off. Pretty much For their launch, they were giving away 1 yr. free shipping with your first purchase. You need a code. There are still a few floating around the SD threads. I think CURISMA might still work. If you're interested, there's a grocery thread on SD where people are comparing prices with Prime Pantry.
I've heard of Jet a few weeks ago. Their business model isn't for me. I'm not interested in buying current gen games in bulk, as I've already done that from the BB glitches and FYE sales. I've also seen better or comparable deals from other companies without having to buy 10 games. In fact, your "buy in bulk" should be in the title.

The problem we have with this thread is that you sound like an employee of the company sent to give us sales pitches. Other companies do it, but most of them identify themselves as such, instead of masquerading as a regular non-affiliated poster. Cancerman1120 even sounds like he/she is with you.

I've heard of Jet a few weeks ago. Their business model isn't for me. I'm not interested in buying current gen games in bulk, as I've already done that from the BB glitches and FYE sales. I've also seen better or comparable deals from other companies without having to buy 10 games. In fact, your "buy in bulk" should be in the title.

The problem we have with this thread is that you sound like an employee of the company sent to give us sales pitches. Other companies do it, but most of them identify themselves as such, instead of masquerading as a regular non-affiliated poster. Cancerman1120 even sounds like he/she is with you.
Understood. I should have just posted a few of the game links that were deals by themselves and have been done with it. Prices like GTA V and Dying Light are by themselves lower than any other website right now. The clever CAGers would have figured out how to get them cheaper by themselves.

Your reply makes it clear that that my point was still missed: "buying current gen games in bulk" is not needed. It just requires you to buy multiple items from any category, like basic necessities: groceries / toiletries. Just having a few other items, which are also cheaper than Amazon/others, can lower game prices. I figured everyone purchases basic necessities like soap / toothpaste, but maybe that was too big of an assumption for my fellow CAGers...

Understood. I should have just posted a few of the game links that were deals by themselves and have been done with it. Prices like GTA V and Dying Light are by themselves lower than any other website right now. The clever CAGers would have figured out how to get them cheaper by themselves.

Your reply makes it clear that that my point was still missed: "buying current gen games in bulk" is not needed. It just requires you to buy multiple items from any category, like basic necessities: groceries / toiletries. Just having a few other items, which are also cheaper than Amazon/others, can lower game prices. I figured everyone purchases basic necessities like soap / toothpaste, but maybe that was too big of an assumption for my fellow CAGers...
You're still an employee of Jet, pretending to not be. I would hope that most CAGers (who aren't neckbeards and actually practice daily hygiene) know how to get great deals on necessities with coupons and sales at local grocery stores and pharmacies. I find it hard to imagine that people who use this Cheap Ass Gamer site pay retail for other things...

You're still an employee of Jet, pretending to not be.
Seriously? Or are you just trolling? Check out my profile. I've been a CAGer since 2005.

Other CAGers who are cheapass-consumers in general probably use SD or other deal websites, and I'd assume those people already have seen the threads about this company in those forums, looked at this thread and thought "yeah, this is old news".

Seriously? Or are you just trolling? Check out my profile. I've been a CAGer since 2005.

Other CAGers who are cheapass-consumers in general probably use SD or other deal websites, and I'd assume those people already have seen the threads about this company in those forums, looked at this thread and thought "yeah, this is old news".
I didn't say you were new to CAG. I said you were an employee of Jet. It's very possible to be both. Several others have said the same thing about you.

I didn't say you were new to CAG. I said you were an employee of Jet. It's very possible to be both. Several others have said the same thing about you.
While possible, it is not likely given the type of profiles prior company employees have had. We've gotten people who post links to their own hack websites that are super shady. We've gotten quite a few fake employees of major retailers, like Newegg, posting fake sales (particularly in the past year). And we've gotten a few legit employees from major retailers who declare themselves to be employees. I can't recall any of these priors holding accounts that were more than a few months old let alone years.

I would assume someone who looks at my profile would think that it doesn't look much like an employee's profile. Just because others say something doesn't make it true.

Just to be perfectly clear, I'm not an employee of this company.

Wonder if Gamestop sold Jet giftcards, how different this thread would be.

Oh well, better deals than Newegg has had lately.

So I placed an order for 16 items. Mostly books and stuffs that has been on my wishlist from amazon and my total on Jet.com for these items are $173.95 and on amazon it would have cost me about $246.40. I reach the peak of the discount after about the sixth or seventh item around the $70 range. I still got a discount on every item on my cart but it was maxed out about 30% off every items or so.

I can understand the skepticism about this site but you can really get some good discount the more you buy. A programming book that was on my wishlist for a long time on amazon would have cost me $32 but it was $23 after buying a couple of other things with it on Jet. You can get more discounts if you waive the right to return the items but you only save about 7 cents or so for each items which is really pointless. You also get another very small .25% discounts if you pay with a visa or master card. I think I saved about another $1 for the amount I spent.

The site search engine is also shitty though and this is a paid membership club like Costco but the first year is for free if you use the code "google" when signing up. Yes, google is one of their investor. Also you really only save money if you spend more than $35 since you will be charge for shipping for anything lower than that. Probably not a good site for games if you have GCU or just want one or a few items at a time.

bread's done
Back