decent easy to install wireless router for $40 or less?

I'm very picky when it comes to wireless routers. I've been through at least 6 of them because they seem to all suck. A few months ago, I found one that I really like that works well. I know you said under $40, but I would consider this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Medialink-Wireless-Router-802-11n-Internal/dp/B0044YU60M

The company is very friendly and willing to help out if you have issues and I haven't had this thing drop a signal or need to be reset yet. For me personally, it's the best one I've ever bought (for under $100 anyway).

I'm a fan of the D-Link DIR-615. It's a little old, but I've had one running as my main router for about 2 years now, with very limited problems (mostly caused by being pulled down by toddlers).

I currently have three of them in the house, one with stock firmware as my main router and 2 others running DD-WRT and acting as wireless bridges. All perform very well. The strength is pretty good too as it covers all three floors of my house as well as both the front and back yards. It's under $40 new and half that 'refurbished' at places like MicroCenter (that's how/where I bought the DD-WRT ones).

Some really push the DIR-655 as being superior, but the 615 does everything I need. I routinely have 2 phones, 2 lappys, a desktop and a console or two connected and even more when the in-laws come over. Drops are very rare and quickly resolved. I have no complaints whatsoever and heartily endorse.

bread's done
Back