Decent PS3 Controllers for Cheap?

ButzPuff

CAG Newbie
Last night, my official Playstation 3 controller died and despite several hours of attempted repairs, it's dead as a doorknob. I called Sony to see what a repair is going to cost and I'm just NOT able to spend $100 for them to look at to see their gonna repair and bill me later. I don't have that kind of money to spend with my limited income. And there is no electronic repair near where I live. 

So, Does anyone know where I can get a decent PS3 controller for around $30 or better yet, less? 

I'm afraid of buying a cheap bootleg or a cheap used from Amazon or Ebay if they stop working if at all. Worse since their usually no pictures with the listing so even an official could turn into a fake controller. I know I'm probably gonna have go third party but I'd like a brand I've heard of like Madcatz or Rock Candy. 

You can probably find a good, reliable used official Dual Shock from AMD (Amazon Warehouse Deals) but you may have to wait a few days until one pops up.

Here is a link to a thread where CAGS post links to good finds, but you have to be fast for the nice stuff as it most of the times goes fast -

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/340898-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-xiv/

Another option would be to check the trading section of the forums here at CAG. Maybe another member has knew that they will sell for a fair price, or even trade.

If this thread doesn't get any bites try making one in the trading section. Just be sure to follow the rules. Pretty easy stuff, basically put in your topic title what you're after ie "Want: PS3 Dual Shock Have: PayPal" or if you have anything to offer trade wise try to add it to the topic title after PayPal.

I believe you need to have at least 25 posts to start a thread in that section, I say that because I didn't check your post count.

Sorry I wasn't able to point you to a direct sale. Maybe another member knows of one but I wish you luck and happy hunting. :)

bread's done
Back