Decided not to buy from him since he was bs - Went on Ebay and won 60gb for 305$

If he is that close, I would say meet halfway and do a local pickup (in a public place).

I'd say that'd be much safer than sending Paypal.

Yeah, you should never have people ship things that you buy on CL. You're just asking for trouble. It just isn't safe. I'd offer to pay the shipping to cover his gas, tolls, and time, meeting halfway, as the above poster suggested.

I'd buy it just because it was a 60GB PS3...

But I'd wanna make sure it works first and see what shape it's in.

Decent deal, with shipping probably around $320 though... still, at least you avoided some bs and potentially saved yourself some trouble.

Good thing you didn't deal with that guy. He was more than likely shady. You wanting to meet him obviously spooked him, probably because he doesn't have a PS3 to sell or doesn't plan on "shipping" the one he does have.

yeah. Thanks for the help since I was going to pay him the money today.

the shipping isn't bad - 12.68$ which is UPS Ground

I wanted to know what the GB is use for since I only had a ps1/ps2 before.
Also will the PS3 work with any tv ? even a 13 inch tv lol.

The 60gig is the all around best system imho.. its before they started hacking features off the system.. so its got Full BC and a bunch of extra ports for differnt media types :)

Man there is some bad deals on Ebay :( Looking at the 40gigs for 20-50$ more then retail lol

Also will the PS3 work with any tv ? even a 13 inch tv lol.

GB? Do you mean the hard drive? The hard drive is used like it would be on a computer. It saves everything: game saves, music, movies, etc.

As far as the TV goes, yeah, it will work on any TV. If that TV is really old, though, and doesn't at least have composite video and stereo audio (the old red, white, and yellow plugs), you'll need to buy an RF adapter.

its the 13 inch toshiba with video player so it will work since it does have the red/white/yellow plugs.

now I need to buy games :D

thanks for the info guys

[quote name='endlessPRO']
[/quote]

GB... You mean the 60 gig hard drive?

Demo's, downloadable games, videos, pictures, music, save games, some (all? I've only played Warhawk and it installs) PS3 games installs files to the hard drive.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']GB? Do you mean the hard drive? The hard drive is used like it would be on a computer. It saves everything: game saves, music, movies, etc.

As far as the TV goes, yeah, it will work on any TV. If that TV is really old, though, and doesn't at least have composite video and stereo audio (the old red, white, and yellow plugs), you'll need to buy an RF adapter.[/quote]
Wow... I read through the posts before I posted my post but didn't see you already answered the GB question.

Just make sure that it's a legit 60gb model, since I've heard of people selling 40gb models on Ebay, but with a 60gb HDD installed, thus screwing the buyers out of the BC for PS2 games.

In the Gamefunk thread(used PS3's for $300 and some odd change) someone mentioned a way to check the PS3's version by checking the model # sticker or something. You better check when that 60gb model comes in, to make sure it's a legit 60gb model.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Just make sure that it's a legit 60gb model, since I've heard of people selling 40gb models on Ebay, but with a 60gb HDD installed, thus screwing the buyers out of the BC for PS2 games.

In the Gamefunk thread(used PS3's for $300 and some odd change) someone mentioned a way to check the PS3's version by checking the model # sticker or something. You better check when that 60gb model comes in, to make sure it's a legit 60gb model.[/quote]

Indeed. This is great advice. Make sure it is really an Emotion Engine system.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Just make sure that it's a legit 60gb model, since I've heard of people selling 40gb models on Ebay, but with a 60gb HDD installed, thus screwing the buyers out of the BC for PS2 games.

In the Gamefunk thread(used PS3's for $300 and some odd change) someone mentioned a way to check the PS3's version by checking the model # sticker or something. You better check when that 60gb model comes in, to make sure it's a legit 60gb model.[/quote]
You dont have to check the serial numbers. Just check how many USB ports there are. The 40gb has 2 and the 60gb has 4.

So they never told me and even gave me the information.

Should I just pay for it and wait till I receive it to check the system.

You can get a new 40 gb on sonystyle.com with a credit card offer and get it for $299. plus tax. I would go that route. I dont play a lot of old ps2 games though.

[quote name='dmes65']You can get a new 40 gb on sonystyle.com with a credit card offer and get it for $299. plus tax. I would go that route. I dont play a lot of old ps2 games though.[/quote]

If he's going out of his way to find a 60GB unit, I'm going to guess BC is an important feature for him.

The person has good feedback and there is a 30 day return. And yes BC is very important since I want to play ps1 and ps2 games.

You should be fine. If it really isn't a legitimate 60GB model, you can just file a complaint for an item that isn't as described. But like you said, the seller has good feedback, so you should be fine.

bread's done
Back