Decided to get a PSP at launch, have some questions.

Chris in Cali

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (88%)
1. I know pretty much every place is going to make you buy the system with three games, but is that including the value pack? If it's not, does that mean that they open the PSP (seeing as the value pack from what I've read is the only way to get a US PSP at launch), and take out the things that normal come in a value pack?

2. Is there any place that lets you pick the three games that you have to buy with the PSP?

3. Do any stores offer unconditional warranties that cover everything? I'm talking it covers dead pixels, dust under the screen, screen scratches, ect. If they do, how much do they run for, and how long can I get them for?

4. Am I right in thinking that a PSP value pack, plus the mandatory three games, and a three year warranty will run me roughly $500?

[quote name='Chris in Cali']
4. Am I right in thinking that a PSP value pack, plus the mandatory three games, and a three year warranty will run me roughly $500?[/quote]

I don't know about the other ones but $500 seems about right.

And EB let's you choose the games.

Part of me is like, "Damn, $500 on video games in one purchase!?!" The other is thinking that it's a new system with three games, a movie player, mp3 player, and hopefully a UMD movie player.

[quote name='whoknows']Wait a minute...you HAVE to buy 3 games with it? Or is this just at EB?[/quote]

From what I understand, it's pretty much everywhere. :(

[quote name='Chris in Cali'][quote name='whoknows']Wait a minute...you HAVE to buy 3 games with it? Or is this just at EB?[/quote]

From what I understand, it's pretty much everywhere. :([/quote]

At Gamerush you can just buy the system. Thet are only taking pre-orders for the first 5 people who pre-order a PSPS system.

Q about Gamerush - I reserved before they really knew what was going on. My reserve price is 399.99. So, it will drop down to 249 when I pick it up?

[quote name='m2845'][quote name='Chris in Cali'][quote name='whoknows']Wait a minute...you HAVE to buy 3 games with it? Or is this just at EB?[/quote]

At Gamerush you can just buy the system. Thet are only taking pre-orders for the first 5 people who pre-order a PSPS system.[/quote]

[quote name='Chris in Cali'][quote name='whoknows']Wait a minute...you HAVE to buy 3 games with it? Or is this just at EB?[/quote]

no, thats just online

i have mine preordered at EB B&M....just the system $249.99 + tax + warranty + any launch games that I decide to buy

most stores are offering just the value pack that comes with the system, battery, charger, wrist strap, soft case, cleaning cloth, memory card, demo disc, and spider-man 2 umd

also, the manager at my local EB ( i go there a lot ) told me that sony is trying to give away a free game such as ridge racer to all PSP preorders ( not guaranteed, just something they are discussing now )

Chris, I'm curious, did you get rid of your DS or have you decided to keep it? I just got rid of mine because I simply wasn't playing it too much, but I also was leaning heavily towards getting a PSP. But now that the price has been announced I'm not too happy about getting the expensive bundle.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Q about Gamerush - I reserved before they really knew what was going on. My reserve price is 399.99. So, it will drop down to 249 when I pick it up?

[quote name='m2845'][quote name='Chris in Cali'][quote name='whoknows']Wait a minute...you HAVE to buy 3 games with it? Or is this just at EB?[/quote]

At Gamerush you can just buy the system. Thet are only taking pre-orders for the first 5 people who pre-order a PSPS system.[/quote][/quote]

Yes

[quote name='Eric467']Chris, I'm curious, did you get rid of your DS or have you decided to keep it? I just got rid of mine because I simply wasn't playing it too much, but I also was leaning heavily towards getting a PSP. But now that the price has been announced I'm not too happy about getting the expensive bundle.[/quote]

I sold my first one, but then I bought another one, and I still have it. It's a dust collector though, one game came out in Janurary, and one game comes out in February :x. I'm considering selling it, and using that money towards a PSP, but then I'll have 20+ GBA games that I can't use until the next Gameboy comes out. So, I'm on the ropes right now.

^ That makes sense. Thankfully when I got rid of my DS I didn't have too many GBA games, so they were easy to sell off.

[quote name='Chris in Cali'][quote name='Eric467']Chris, I'm curious, did you get rid of your DS or have you decided to keep it? I just got rid of mine because I simply wasn't playing it too much, but I also was leaning heavily towards getting a PSP. But now that the price has been announced I'm not too happy about getting the expensive bundle.[/quote]

I sold my first one, but then I bought another one, and I still have it. It's a dust collector though, one game came out in Janurary, and one game comes out in February :x. I'm considering selling it, and using that money towards a PSP, but then I'll have 20+ GBA games that I can't use until the next Gameboy comes out. So, I'm on the ropes right now.[/quote]

Are you truely that fucking dumb?

I'll buy a system when I don't like any of the games, sell it, buy it again and then bitch about it.

[quote name='David85'][quote name='Chris in Cali'][quote name='Eric467']Chris, I'm curious, did you get rid of your DS or have you decided to keep it? I just got rid of mine because I simply wasn't playing it too much, but I also was leaning heavily towards getting a PSP. But now that the price has been announced I'm not too happy about getting the expensive bundle.[/quote]

I sold my first one, but then I bought another one, and I still have it. It's a dust collector though, one game came out in Janurary, and one game comes out in February :x. I'm considering selling it, and using that money towards a PSP, but then I'll have 20+ GBA games that I can't use until the next Gameboy comes out. So, I'm on the ropes right now.[/quote]

Are you truely that shaq-fuing dumb?

I'll buy a system when I don't like any of the games, sell it, buy it again and then bitch about it.[/quote]

I'm not bitching about it, I was responding to a question. Geez.

anyone have more info on the possability of Sony giving a free game to pre-oerders? i hope this is true. so far have about $50 down for PSP, will add more ina week

[quote name='Chris in Cali'][quote name='David85'][quote name='Chris in Cali'][quote name='Eric467']Chris, I'm curious, did you get rid of your DS or have you decided to keep it? I just got rid of mine because I simply wasn't playing it too much, but I also was leaning heavily towards getting a PSP. But now that the price has been announced I'm not too happy about getting the expensive bundle.[/quote]

I'll buy a system when I don't like any of the games, sell it, buy it again and then bitch about it.[/quote]

I'm not bitching about it, I was responding to a question. Geez.[/quote]

Chris,

You seem to be somewhat over the pro or anti Nintendo side of things. Given the fact that there are lots of games annoinced this year alone then I would really think about selling the DS at this point. Just as some promising games look to be on the horizon.

[quote name='David85'][quote name='Chris in Cali'][quote name='Eric467']Chris, I'm curious, did you get rid of your DS or have you decided to keep it? I just got rid of mine because I simply wasn't playing it too much, but I also was leaning heavily towards getting a PSP. But now that the price has been announced I'm not too happy about getting the expensive bundle.[/quote]

Dude, what's your problem? I don't know about anyone else, but Chris wasn't bitching at all. All he said was he doesn't like how many games are currently coming out for the DS and is considering selling his again.

How about we let David worry about David, and we'll let Chris worry about Chris?

Chris, to answer you warranty question, I know GameCrazy offers a warranty on all new systems that covers everything (even accidents, like dropping it), and it costs $20 for a year.

bread's done
Back