Deekins.com is offering Game Informer 1 year subscription's for $7

nystate

CAGiversary!
Feedback
46 (100%)
I found this from Slick Deals:

Game Informer 1 Year Sub - $7
Deekins.com is offering Game Informer 1 year subscription's for $7. Limited time offered is what the newsletter said.

Game Informer [deekins.com] Cover Price: $71.88
Game Informer Price After Coupon: $7

Promo code is: gi2010

Deekins won't renew your subscription automatically and has an A rating from the BBB.

It's from last year. I just tried it. Yup it still works.
PROOF
Does not come with the edge card though.

:)

[quote name='darthballz']First magazine in 8-13 weeks? Maybe this was a mistake.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty common for that long a lag time to receive a first issue for a new sub. I think it has to do with that it takes a mag about 2 1/2 mos from completion to actually hitting the shelves. Also the bulk mailing rate takes like a month to send out from start to finish.

My sub to the magazine is up in July, went ahead and put in a Renewal, glad they have the option for that.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

I re-up'd @ GS last month but for another $7 you get the edge card. I'll make the $7 back during b2g1, game days, games that aren't released at all stores like venetica.

i re-upped my Edge card last week, but i probably would have done this instead for $7 -- i find i don't buy enough stuff from Gamestop to make the card pay off. but it was nice to get the first issue right away since they hand it to you at the store.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed the derth of magazine deals online? i used to subscribe to the Xbox, PS3 and Computer gaming magazines plus around 10 other consumer mags -- all of which i could find for between $4 and $10 a year. Now you are lucky at $15 a year.

[quote name='boneless']It's pretty common for that long a lag time to receive a first issue for a new sub. I think it has to do with that it takes a mag about 2 1/2 mos from completion to actually hitting the shelves. Also the bulk mailing rate takes like a month to send out from start to finish.[/QUOTE]

When I first ordered a GI sub. from one of these online discount brokers it took about 3 months. I got my 1st two issues in the span of 3 days and had on-time (monthly) delivery from then on.

I think the deal is gone. Nothing shows up for Game Informer in a search at Deekins now. I also seem to have lost my BestDealMagazines sub that I renewed in September. Checked just now, GI is gone from their website as well.

Any other suggestions for a cheap GI sub?

Got an email from Deekins saying they are going to refund my money because they can't fulfill the subscription :(

[quote name='mitnosi']Got an email from Deekins saying they are going to refund my money because they can't fulfill the subscription :([/QUOTE]
Yeah I got that email a few days ago, telling me they'd refund me within a week. I'm just going to dispute the charges though in a day or two, since instead of sending me an email explaining that they were going to refund my money, they could have just refunded my fucking money...

[quote name='mitnosi']Got an email from Deekins saying they are going to refund my money because they can't fulfill the subscription :([/QUOTE]

same here...

Me too...Wait a minute. This could be some kind of scam. Or possibly scamola!

[quote name='Kerig']I think the deal is gone. Nothing shows up for Game Informer in a search at Deekins now. I also seem to have lost my BestDealMagazines sub that I renewed in September. Checked just now, GI is gone from their website as well.

Any other suggestions for a cheap GI sub?[/QUOTE]

That's where I was getting my GI sub from as well. I was ready to renew in January when I noticed it's no longer listed on their site. I got all the issues I paid for though. Last one March 2011. $5/year (24)

bread's done
Back