Deep Discount Buy 1 Get 1 Anchor Bay

Buy 1 movie from the select list of titles and receive 1 of equal or lesser value free. When purchasing multiple movies you will be charged for the higher priced items and those of equal or lesser value will be at no charge. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Prices are subject to change. Offer Ends 5/29/08 at 11:59pm CST

Don’t see your discount? Type in promotion code : B1G1AB0805 at checkout

Wow I was actually looking to buy Ghost in the Shell... what a coincidence. Thanks beerme. BTW I do get Deepdiscount emails i guess i just didn't see this one.

Thanks a lot. I was about to buy the second season on Amazon a month ago, but decided to hold off. Now I get both seasons for the price of 1 on sale :)

Hmm, rightstuf has had season 1 and 2 on sale for 48.99 each for a while, though I've held off since they are the normal box sets. I have the GITS SAC season one set of all special editions (in the tin case), so I was kind of hoping to get the same for season 2, but maybe at this price I'll just bite and get my friend to buy one too.

Normally I'd agree with that, but if it comes out on blu-ray it will probably be like it is in japan - 3 disc set of Laughing Man, Individual Eleven, and Solid State Society (and a retail of $300, but they have nutso blu-ray prices over there).

That aside, my friend agreed to pick up GITS S2 for $31, so, in for 2. Thanks OP.

I see that Masters of Horror on Blu-Ray is featured too. That would break it down to about $9 per volume. Anyone have an opinion on that show and the deal? I saw a few episodes on SHO and some were okay and some were kind of lame. This is the cheapest I've seen them and I still don't know if I want them.

Boston: I've rented most of the Masters of Horror (Hollywood Video always gets them, used to even have 2 episodes per DVD) and I've been disappointed with them 90% of the time. I think the only one I even remotely enjoyed was the banned one from Takashi Miike (Imprint). That feeling you had of "some were ok, some were kind of lame" sticks through the entire series. It's a real shame, too, it could have been the best thing since Tales From The Crypt.

On a lighter note:

I'm in for Sledge Hammer! S1&2 for $18.22 shipped :)

that's 18.4 hours of old-school comedy gold that I watched when I was too young to really understand any of the humor. It'll be like watching it again for the first time...

they dont have GITS in stock. I emailed them and they said they dont know when they will have any. Dont feel like ordering when I have no idea when it will ship

[quote name='Killerfocus']they dont have GITS in stock. I emailed them and they said they dont know when they will have any. Dont feel like ordering when I have no idea when it will ship[/quote]

You're right on that front. I'm ordering some other stuff from this sale, but be wary on OOS items. I ordered the Kubrick collection last DD sale, and they canceled it on me three and a half months after I ordered it without giving me any noticed. That was the one set that I had wanted the most. To this day I haven't found that set in any store and I think it's sold out at most places online..

Gits 2nd is out of stock there too...

Tempted to order anyway just in case, but the BOGO isn't showing up in my cart. Kind of scared.

Edit: screw it, ordered anyway. I'll just complain if it does go through. I certainly hope both DDD and DVDPlanet both don't get them in stock at the same time or I'm going to have a lot of GITS.

I just can't resist dirt cheap DVDs. Ordered these 4, but all are on backorder. I don't mind waiting for ~$3 a piece shipped, though.

Dutch
Turk-182
Kentucky Fried Movie
Dead Heat

Saw this deal today when I was ordering Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition for $15.00

I really want to get Re-Animator but nothing else really interests me. Time Bandits might make it worth it.

2nd Gig of GITS: SAC showed up at both DD and DVDPlanet, as both of my orders have 2nd Gig shipping out. 1st Gig is MIA at this time, so they're happily going to charge for 2nd Gig and ship it out.

Anyone that double-ordered might want to pick one vendor and go with them, otherwise they'll end up with two of 2nd Gig.

EDIT: Called both and they're both in the shipping process and can't be canceled. :wall: So, they suggested I do a return to sender, and they'll credit it back to my account when they receive it. Plus, neither one has a clue when they'll see 1st Gig showing up.

Also, found out that DeepDiscount.com = DVDPlanet.com , as they're owned by the same company. I didn't know that, and wasn't sure if others knew that either. Makes me feel a little dumb for ordering from both, and I wouldn't have, if I knew they were the same company before I placed the 2nd order.

[quote name='shrike4242']2nd Gig of GITS: SAC showed up at both DD and DVDPlanet, as both of my orders have 2nd Gig shipping out. 1st Gig is MIA at this time, so they're happily going to charge for 2nd Gig and ship it out.

Anyone that double-ordered might want to pick one vendor and go with them, otherwise they'll end up with two of 2nd Gig.

EDIT: Called both and they're both in the shipping process and can't be canceled. :wall: So, they suggested I do a return to sender, and they'll credit it back to my account when they receive it. Plus, neither one has a clue when they'll see 1st Gig showing up.

Also, found out that DeepDiscount.com = DVDPlanet.com , as they're owned by the same company. I didn't know that, and wasn't sure if others knew that either. Makes me feel a little dumb for ordering from both, and I wouldn't have, if I knew they were the same company before I placed the 2nd order.[/quote]

Hmm. Well, I'll have 4 of them then. :( Maybe I can try to sell them later when the price goes back up...

Edit: shrike, did the BOGO work for you at DVDPlanet? It didn't process for me so the guy had to do a manual refund process - though he did leave the $5 off 60 coupon on for me, which was nice.

[quote name='AkariK']Hmm. Well, I'll have 4 of them then. :( Maybe I can try to sell them later when the price goes back up...

Edit: shrike, did the BOGO work for you at DVDPlanet? It didn't process for me so the guy had to do a manual refund process - though he did leave the $5 off 60 coupon on for me, which was nice.[/quote]It did work for me on DVDPlanet.com without any issue when I placed my order.

It'sMagneto;4407278 said:
Did the first season ship for anyone yet?
Nope, and both DVDPlanet.com and DD.com say they're not sure when they'll be coming back in.

Also, I told them that I'd be returning GITS S2 if S1 didn't show up by the 30 day mark, which for me was 06/16/08, plus they said they'd send me a pre-paid mailer to send it back to them.

My GITS S2 from DD.com went back via return to sender last Friday.

[quote name='shrike4242']Also, I told them that I'd be returning GITS S2 if S1 didn't show up by the 30 day mark, which for me was 06/16/08, plus they said they'd send me a pre-paid mailer to send it back to them.

My GITS S2 from DD.com went back via return to sender last Friday.[/quote]

A likely excuse just to get rid of the extra GITS S2.... :cool: 2 of my 4 boxes had loose discs so I had to mail them back... luckily they upgraded to first class shipping for free, and on top of that, mine got priority over all the other backorders and shipped the next day, woot.

[quote name='Drahken']Anyone know if the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Season 1 DVD Set is still in print?[/quote]When I did some Pricegrabber.com and Froogle.com searches for it, a few places listed it in-stock, though certainly not for $60.79 and coupled with a B1G1 sale going on. I think BN.com was one place I found with it supposedly in-stock.

Wouldn't surprise me if GITS SAC S1 was out of print.

[quote name='shrike4242']When I did some Pricegrabber.com and Froogle.com searches for it, a few places listed it in-stock, though certainly not for $60.79 and coupled with a B1G1 sale going on. I think BN.com was one place I found with it supposedly in-stock.

Wouldn't surprise me if GITS SAC S1 was out of print.[/QUOTE]

That stinks, I already opened up 2nd Gig . I have very good patience on waiting on stuff to ship though so I can wait as long as it takes. Hopefully if it looks like they will never get in stock they will credit me half or something since I can't send it back.

well i emailed them and this is what i got back:

We're sorry to inform you, the item: DVD : GHOST IN THE SHELL-SAC-1 is temporarily out of stock and unavailable to ship. This item will ship as soon as it is available. We will email you with an estimated delivery date when there is more information. We apologize for the inconvenience and remind you that your credit card will not be charged until your order has shipped.

Try calling and seeing if they have more on order? When I called about my SAC 2nd Gig return, they said they had 200 backorders but 1000 on order and some had come in that day. Or maybe I just got a talkative rep?

I got this email about GitS season 1 today:

Thank you for your recent order. Due to an overwhelming demand for the
item(s)listed, we are temporarily out of stock. If you ordered with a credit
card, you will not be charged until the item ships. We expect to receive this
merchandise and ship your order within twenty-one days.

If you do not wish to wait, please contact our Customer Service department via
email at [email protected] to cancel. We apologize for the delay and thank
you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
DeepDiscount.com

Interesting that they gave you a timeframe for GITS SAC S1 showing up. I'm about three weeks into when they shipped me GITS SAC S2, so I'm close to the 30 days mark. If they do actually come through with it and meet a promise of them shipping it to me, I'll keep S2, though if they don't, I'm not getting stuck with it.

I shot them an email to see what they'll say about the ETA of S1.

My order was with DVDPlanet.com, and as they're run by the same company and shipping from the same warehouse, so if one gets it, the other one will as well.

I emailed DD about canceling my order, and from their response they appear to be shipping out GITS SAC S1, even though I sent them back GITS SAC S2, and they've credited me back the charges for it. :whistle2:s

So, they say they can't cancel the order because it's shipping, even though I asked them to cancel it when they received S2 back over a week ago.

Now, assuming DVDPlanet is also working to ship out a copy of GITS SAC S1, I might actually end up with a complete order with one vendor. :wall: Might even end up with an extra copy of S1 that I didn't pay for. :whistle2:s

Or even more amusedly, they might end up double-crediting me, so I end with both for free? :whistle2:s

[quote name='shrike4242']I emailed DD about canceling my order, and from their response they appear to be shipping out GITS SAC S1, even though I sent them back GITS SAC S2, and they've credited me back the charges for it. :whistle2:s

So, they say they can't cancel the order because it's shipping, even though I asked them to cancel it when they received S2 back over a week ago.

Now, assuming DVDPlanet is also working to ship out a copy of GITS SAC S1, I might actually end up with a complete order with one vendor. :wall: Might even end up with an extra copy of S1 that I didn't pay for. :whistle2:s

Or even more amusedly, they might end up double-crediting me, so I end with both for free? :whistle2:s[/quote]

IMO that means you should be super-awesome and send me one! :O

I also got the approximately 21 days till order ships on GiTS Season 1.

I wonder if they had to have Manga manufacture more boxsets like Rightstuf has done in the past when they oversold.

Received an email from DVDPlanet customer service, and they said that they've gotten in their copies of GITS SAC S1, and mine from them should be shipping out shortly.

Makes me wonder what will happen with the bonus copy I'm going to end up with from DD, since I'm going to be keeping an eye on my credit card for any surprises.

Both my copies shipped out, one from DD.com and one from DVDPlanet.com . Neither one shows any shipping cost, so I'm still curious what they'll do about the "free" one from DD.com against the semi-canceled order.

bread's done
Back