Deep Discount DVD Question/Comment

chimpian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hello all
Yesterday in the mail i recieved an envelope from DeepDiscountDVD which said check inclosed.
I quickly opened it because why in the name of pete would they send me a check.
it was a $5.00 check and when cashed you join "Great Fun" which is a savings club type thing.
you get to try it for 30 days free after taht it is $119.99/yr (fuck that) and as part of this club thing you get an extra 5% off DeepDiscountDVD. this got me thinking what if i hold onto this check (which expired 06/06/06) and sign up tot his club right before the big summer sale and save a bit more....

ya think this could work?
i admit i didnt really do my homework before posting which im gonna do now
anyone ever sign up for this or get this in the mail recently?

let me know what you guys think.

**** DO NOT DO THIS******

I just did some searching around and it looks like the company that runs "Great Fun" is in deep doo doo with the BBB

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/scam_alerts/trilegiant_complaints.html

the company is called Trilegiant Corp.

and from what i read people get automatically signed up for it (after they use the check/coupon/whatever) then have a very hard time removing themselves from the "Great Fun" and end up with huge head aches from it.

just to let everyone know....be causeous

:)

i got fucked by them a while ago, never got a coupon though because I cancelled the next day. They never charged me anything.

[quote name='chimpian'] (which expired 06/06/06)[/quote]
I think that should give you a hint as to whom you're dealing with.

Actually, anytime I order with DDD I get the offer on the checkout page after I complete my order, but they're offering $20 (screw that $5 check) off my order I just placed, and then bill monthly for about $11.95 w/1st month free (Cancel anytime by calling toll-free number that isn't listed on the offer page).

I still wouldn't touch it with a +3 Satanic Defense Prodding Iron.

Looks like these people will sign you up without doing anything. Makes me think DDD and other companies are selling credit card numbers and info to them. Might want to be carefull.

Hopefully around July 4th. They had one around that time of the year, another one around Thanksgiving.

You have to put it in your cart. I think it will actually say backordered or something, can't remember. But either way,just put the DVD in your cart and if it doesn't say anything then they have it. Although that's not always the case, because the system didn't update.

bread's done
Back