Deep Discount Video Game Sale

Sway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
Go to deepdiscount.com and click on Video Games. Should be a banner linking to the sale.

Some interesting highlights:
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 [Xbox 360] $10.80
WWE Legends of WrestleMania [Xbox 360]
Resistance 2: Collector's Edition [PlayStation 3] $64.80
Puzzle Quest: Galactrix [Nintendo DS] $18.23
Grid [Xbox 360] $21.60

They all have a release date of 08/04/09. Perhaps they're dropping the price and getting new shipments on that date?

Last edited by a moderator:
There's something about Deep Discount where this happens everytime someone tries to link to them. I ripped some newbie because of it, thinking he was trying to get referrals for himself. But when newbies post about sales at a suspicious store or have obvious referral links when they link to legit stores, what else are you supposed to expect?

[quote name='allyourblood']your links are sending me to "affiliatefuture".[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, know how to fix this? The "affiliatefuture" doesn't appear in the links I posted.

[quote name='Sway']Hmmm, know how to fix this? The "affiliatefuture" doesn't appear in the links I posted.[/QUOTE]

no, sorry i don't know a fix, other than to just drop the links and let people search like IJ suggested.

weird that you can't see that link either. each link sends me to "scripts.affiliatefuture.com/blah blah blah..."; you can see it when you mouse over them.

[quote name='allyourblood']no, sorry i don't know a fix, other than to just drop the links and let people search like IJ suggested.

weird that you can't see that link either. each link sends me to "scripts.affiliatefuture.com/blah blah blah..."; you can see it when you mouse over them.[/QUOTE]

Removed the links to avoid confusion. For the first minute or so I clicked on the links just to make sure they worked properly and they didn't have that affiliate. Then all of a sudden I guess they appeared.

With that cleared up, I hope someone finds something worth purchasing.

No link?
6.gif

It's too bad that these are being labeled "preorders", and are therefore exempt from the 25% off sale going on at DeepDiscount right now; that's probably why they chose to designate a "release date" after 8/2, when the sale will end.

[quote name='Vigilante']It's too bad that these are being labeled "preorders", and are therefore exempt from the 25% off sale going on at DeepDiscount right now; that's probably why they chose to designate a "release date" after 8/2, when the sale will end.[/QUOTE]

the %-off discount has never worked on games.

[quote name='allyourblood']the %-off discount has never worked on games.[/QUOTE]Ah...my bad, then; sorry about that. I guess I never noticed since I've never ordered games from DeepDiscount before. This sale may change that, though...I'll have to see.

[quote name='41down']legends of wrestlemania for $21...pretty good deal. is the game even worth that though?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, no. It is a very, very bad game.

[quote name='Shimoto']Honestly, no. It is a very, very bad game.[/QUOTE]
Do you even like wrestling? Or the wrestlers in this game? I don't know what makes you think it's a very very bad game, your definitely in the minority. I'm sure you don't even like or know half of the wrestlers in the game.

I suggest getting the game it's absolutely great, I bought it when it came out and it's one of the very few games I never sold back, really the only game I never sold back. It's a lot of fun and the Relive/Rewrite/Redefine matches are awesome. I'd definitely recommend it, I like it a hell of a lot more than Smackdown Vs Raw and TNA doesn't even enter discussion. can't wait until they release LOW2 next year.

Having only played the demo of the LOW game, I'm only going based on word of mouth. The hype was awesome for the game and the in-game videos and all the characters are great for nostalgia but it was not as awesome from a gameplay point of view.

If you like old school WWF from the 80s and early-late 1990s, it's probably worth the money.

[quote name='41down']legends of wrestlemania for $21...pretty good deal. is the game even worth that though?[/QUOTE]

No. I wanted to like this game so much since it had all the classic wrestlers and you could import the Smackdown 2009 characters into the game. But the changed gameplay really kills the whole thing. Dumbing down how you play the game makes it boring.

[quote name='41down']legends of wrestlemania
clear.gif
for $21...pretty good deal. is the game even worth that though?[/QUOTE]

you'll regret it
believe me
that was a big mistake I bought that game

Anyone else having a problem with the PS3 titles? I went to "All Games" clicked on the link to show 500 at a time, and out of supposedly every game on the site they had 7 PS3 titles (all of which I know I can find cheaper elsewhere, I mean NBA 07 on sale for $28 down from $40?!) Then I tried the PS3 tab and there were 12 games...none of which were on the "All Games" section and all of them were only $1 off an already high price ($59 for TonyHawks Project8??)
The only decent sale price on a PS3 game I could find was Gran Turismo 5 for $21.60

Somewhat tempted by the Legends of Wrestlemania game but I've heard too much negative about it. Honestly, if they had the THQ/AKI gameplay and even graphics from the N64 days, with this game's roster and online play, I'd buy for sure.

I dunno. I had a lot of fun with this game... and I like the SVR series too. I just think I went into SVR overload and needed a change. Something new and fresh and LOW was just what I was looking for. The controls are more simple, but once you get used to them, it is actually pretty good. I loved the chained attacks and the relieve/rewrite/redefine matches were definitely enjoyable. The nostalgia factor was high and held my interest for a lot longer than normal.

Around $20 for this game wouldn't be bad, but be warned -- it is a pretty short game. I beat every part of the game with 100% completion in just a few days. After that, I don't know how you'll find the replay value...

For that price, yes.

It's a fun game, not the greatest, but for $22 it is totally worth it.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']Do you even like wrestling? Or the wrestlers in this game? I don't know what makes you think it's a very very bad game, your definitely in the minority. I'm sure you don't even like or know half of the wrestlers in the game.

I suggest getting the game it's absolutely great, I bought it when it came out and it's one of the very few games I never sold back, really the only game I never sold back. It's a lot of fun and the Relive/Rewrite/Redefine matches are awesome. I'd definitely recommend it, I like it a hell of a lot more than Smackdown Vs Raw and TNA doesn't even enter discussion. can't wait until they release LOW2 next year.[/QUOTE]

Oh, but I do like or know half of the wrestler in the game. I don't watch it much anymore, though. I like the SVR games, and the older games (No Mercy), but this one is just not enjoyable to me.

To each his own. To many crybabys cry about the controls being different than Smackdown. They only want the game so they can use Randy Orton to beat up Hogan, then they realize the controls are different and cry about it.

The games definitely worth it, me and my friend used to have lots of fun doing tag team matches on XBOX LIVE.

bread's done
Back