deepdiscount.com games on sale

US buyers: who do they ship through? Do they use USPS?

I'm in Canada and interested in ordering, but typically if it ships through UPS or FedEx, they try to charge customs fees but advertise them as "handling fees".
UPS just dropped mine off at my local post office for delivery tomorrow, so my best guess is they're using UPS Mail Innovations (Seller gives it to UPS, UPS brings it to your local post office, local post office delivers it to your house.)

Ended up getting The Council, Hitman, and Battlezone. Sadly, I saw they had Ghost Giant but it was cancelled in my order, regardless, everything arrived new and in great shape.

Disgaea 1 Complete just dropped to $12.

Wtf......

Wonder if theyd give a refund
Deep Discount customer service is virtually nonexistent so even if you asked for a discount you would probably not even get a reply back. $18 is still a great price though. You may be able to get some sort of price protection with your credit card (I know some of them offer that, but again probably not worth the hassle for $6).

UPS just dropped mine off at my local post office for delivery tomorrow, so my best guess is they're using UPS Mail Innovations (Seller gives it to UPS, UPS brings it to your local post office, local post office delivers it to your house.)
UPS actually delivered mine last night. It was the fastest delivery I ever got from Deep Discount. Like I mentioned before, usually I wait over a week for any orders I make with them. Everything was in a box but 3 PS4 games were floaters. Really can't avoid that I guess because of Sony's stupid flawed design of the disc holder in the case.

Deep Discount customer service is virtually nonexistent so even if you asked for a discount you would probably not even get a reply back. $18 is still a great price though. You may be able to get some sort of price protection with your credit card (I know some of them offer that, but again probably not worth the hassle for $6).

UPS actually delivered mine last night. It was the fastest delivery I ever got from Deep Discount. Like I mentioned before, usually I wait over a week for any orders I make with them. Everything was in a box but 3 PS4 games were floaters. Really can't avoid that I guess because of Sony's stupid flawed design of the disc holder in the case.
I’ve always had decent shipping with DD over the years. Maybe I’m just lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well they just emailed me back saying to expect my refund within 4 to 7 business days. ;p

Ill see how it goes.

I also just got my games delivered today. :)

Well they just emailed me back saying to expect my refund within 4 to 7 business days. ;p

Ill see how it goes.

Well damn, I guess I will try for a refund too then. Sounds like their customer service is better than I remembered.

Having bought a ton of stuff from DeepDiscount back in the day, I ordered 6 PS4 games this past Sunday, not expecting to get them for a couple weeks. They did not cancel anything on my order and got them to me on Tuesday. Really impressed with their service.

Well, my copies of This is the Police 2, Under Night In-Birth EXE: Late[st], and Shining Resonance: Refrain Steelbook arrived today perfectly.  Put in a second order yesterday that shipped today and unlike the first order which shipped UPS SurePost (UPS+USPS) it looks like this order is going directly USPS without going to UPS at all.  So it seems the actually shipping method is random...

Ill see how it goes.

by any chance do you have an image of the Disgaea 1 showing the $12 price? it is not longer showing in their site.

I contacted customer service and they are requesting an image.

thanks in advance

by any chance do you have an image of the Disgaea 1 showing the $12 price? it is not longer showing in their site.

thanks in advance
Would someone else's order showing that price work? Don't have the actual listing, but I can get you that.

I placed an order a couple days back thinking there was no way they were still fulfilling these since there were cancellations happening, but I got shipping notice yesterday for it

thanks in advance
Always check the cached version of the page

[attachment=32898:disg1.PNG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Did not get a cancellation, but they only shipped one game. Had a pending charge for the full amount but the posted charge was only for the one game that shipped. I shipped games are Wolfenstein two pack xb1 and Wonder Boy Switch. They shipped The Raven Remastered xb1

Boo to excluding video games. Looks like some wiiu games were added Mario tennis aces and star fox zero are $8. I don't recall seeing those last time I looked

Ended up getting the Ringu Collection Blu Ray for $45 after coupon.

I noticed there are a couple of XBOX One S consoles in the Blowout Bin for $127 to $140 each.  For someone that doesn't have an Xbox One in any form is it decent to pick up a cheap S, or should I just wait for a deal on the X?

I used to order from them a lot way back in the day. I'm talking, 15-odd years ago. They were called DeepDiscountDVD.com at the time and they were hands-down the best place to order movies, their prices were consistently lower than even Amazon on pretty much every title. What made them even better was that Summer and Winter, they would issue a reusable promo code that would take 25% off everything in your cart. It used to be for DVDs the way we handle Steam now; add a bunch of titles to your wishlist and then go crazy every Summer/Winter spending hundreds of dollars on loads of DVDs, some as low as $6 a pop.

Then eventually the day came when they decided to expand their market, selling more than just movies. This was a result of a new business partnership which led to them also changing their name to simply DeepDiscount.com as well as higher prices across the board. Plus, the Summer/Winter sale was no longer 25% off, you were lucky if you got even 15%.

I don't use them as much as I used to back in the glory days, but on the rare occasion when they do have a decent sale going on, I'll still order from them. Just keep in mind that you're not going to get an Amazon-like experience from them. But I've never not received an order from them; even if it took a while to ship out, I did eventually get it. And if I did need customer support, I call their 800 number rather than attempt to get support through the website or e-mail and everything goes rather smoothly.
I too used them a lot before the days of dropping "DVD" from their name. I used to clean house on anime, box sets, just absurdly low prices after the 25% code too. I once put a glut of films and box sets on my Xmas list for my family, and they sent me a giant-ass box of virtually everything on it from that site; my family's pretty chintzy when I ask for entertainment, so to see this box filled with about 20-25 films (a lot of them Kurosawa Criterion editions) and series was unforgettable.

I check in with them now and then, but I haven't gotten an email from them in years, despite all those purchases. And the prices aren't anything special short of burst sales like this.

I'm just surprised they have an 800 number now.

I got so many cheap collectibles from this sale... so many. I used to order anime and horror back in the DVD days from them. They had the best horror selection for killer prices back then.

Got my games today. Of the three I ordered, one had been resealed and another had damaged artwork/case. I'll stay away next time.

I've used this website since June and have never seen them give out anything more than a 15% discount coupon. I almost always buy their bargain bin vinyls though which have so far come on time and well packaged, great condition.

bread's done
Back