DeepDiscount "Video Game Blow-out"

[quote name='xskaxninjax']I only spotted one real deal out of the 200+ games I looked at. Let's see who else can find it![/QUOTE]

I saw that ni hao kailan game also, but I already have 1 to play and 1 for collectors purposes.

Does Deep Discount do the super shrink vacuum packaging on everything these days, including collector's edition video games? Because that would suck to get a severely damaged collector's edition game in the mail.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I saw that ni hao kailan game also, but I already have 1 to play and 1 for collectors purposes.[/QUOTE]

Pokemon Black was what I was referring to, as the poster above me menitoned.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']The Force Unleashed II - PS3 Collector's Edition is decent at 29.99. $10 cheaper than any where else I've seen it.[/QUOTE]

Amazon ran it for 26.99 for awhile.

Thanks for the post OP.

The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest seems like the best deal - $7 for an ok button-mashing hack-n-slash that you can send on to WH/SecondSpin for $13 (as of 8/19) when you're done.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Pokemon Black was what I was referring to, as the poster above me menitoned.[/QUOTE]

Whoosh. Right over your head.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Not bad. That's the cheapest I've seen Two Worlds 2 for.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. I'm playing through Two Worlds 2 right now and, despite its many, many flaws, I'm having a lot of fun with it. Definitely a good value at that price.

I ordered from this company for the first time over a week ago and they still haven't shipped out the order.

I bit on Pokemon Black. Kind of regretted selling my copy of White so soon after it came out, so I'll just start from scratch in the game again. Can't wait to get it in an unspecified number of weeks/months/years!

[quote name='fwbweux']I bit on Pokemon Black. Kind of regretted selling my copy of White so soon after it came out, so I'll just start from scratch in the game again. Can't wait to get it in an unspecified number of weeks/months/years![/QUOTE]

For the sheer game time/cost/fun factor, it interests me. But pokemon has gotten so much of a kiddie image to it it turns me off of the franchise.

Yeah, the deal appears to be dead on Black.

[quote name='6er']For the sheer game time/cost/fun factor, it interests me. But pokemon has gotten so much of a kiddie image to it it turns me off of the franchise.[/QUOTE]

Pokemon's clean, innocent, and an all-ages game, but it's never been a barrier to my enjoyment of it. Still, there are lots of advanced ways to play the game that make it worthwhile for people who need more challenge. While I play it pretty casually, take a moment to look up things like breeding for natures/IVs, EV training, competitive battling, etc. and you might find something that interests you.

[quote name='Rozz']I ordered from this company for the first time over a week ago and they still haven't shipped out the order.[/QUOTE]

My last time ordering from them it took 2 months to receive my order. When I ordered the item was listed as "in-stock". Customer service is horrible and when you finally get a hold of a person they will give you a run around. I would avoid ordering from DD like the plague.

[quote name='Rozz']I ordered from this company for the first time over a week ago and they still haven't shipped out the order.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Deep Discount. Got a complaint? Take a number.

Most likely, you'll eventually get your order in a few months and it'll end up actually being Used.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']DD was bought out and the new suits in charge have run it into the ground.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know that, guess I'll pass.

[quote name='Vegan']Welcome to Deep Discount. Got a complaint? Take a number.

Most likely, you'll eventually get your order in a few months and it'll end up actually being Used.[/QUOTE]

This. Mine was new, but the wait was horrendous. Won't buy anything from them unless its like a buck with free ship

[quote name='GBAstar']PGA Tour 12 for $28 is solid (PS3) and GTA 4 (Special Edition) for $43 is a good deal for collection purposes[/QUOTE]
Unless someone got in on the $29.99 closeout price a couple of years ago on GTA IV Special Edition when Blockbuster was supposedly clearing out their remaining new game stock.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Unless someone got in on the $29.99 closeout price a couple of years ago on GTA IV Special Edition when Blockbuster was supposedly clearing out their remaining new game stock.;)[/QUOTE]

True. I have just the lockbox when Amazon was selling that packaged with the game for sub $20. I haven't seen the GTA 4 Special Edition sold at any B&M stores in my area in the last year or two so I figured I'd pick this up for collection puposes though.

It's game, lockbox, keychain, artbook and music cd correct?

I also found that they have a GTA 4 soundtrack that is sold on amazon (deep discount has it too). I might pick that up for the collection as well.

[quote name='GBAstar']True. I have just the lockbox when Amazon was selling that packaged with the game for sub $20. I haven't seen the GTA 4 Special Edition sold at any B&M stores in my area in the last year or two so I figured I'd pick this up for collection puposes though.

It's game, lockbox, keychain, artbook and music cd correct?

I also found that they have a GTA 4 soundtrack that is sold on amazon (deep discount has it too). I might pick that up for the collection as well.[/QUOTE]
You forgot the dufflebag, but yeah that's correct. I picked up one of those lockbox editions a while back from Amazon as well, even though I have the lockbox from my SE still. It certainly was a nice SE for once, compared to all of the plastic-y/DLC codes only crap we've been getting lately.:booty:

[quote name='LordVila']My last time ordering from them it took 2 months to receive my order. When I ordered the item was listed as "in-stock". Customer service is horrible and when you finally get a hold of a person they will give you a run around. I would avoid ordering from DD like the plague.[/QUOTE]

I would come to the same conclusion based on their terrible reviews on resellerratings. Their 6 month rating is 1.25 out of 10.

Another 1up for DD being a terribly run site/business. I've placed two orders from them. One took almost four weeks to get here (even though it was listed in stock), and another time they canceled my order because they were "OOS", but they had some on their site for more than I paid.

Avoid!

Anyone order something from this sale and actually have it shipped? Got a cancellation notice on my Pokemon Black this morning that basically amounted to "lol we're not selling it to you for that price." It's still in stock on their site, albeit at $30 instead of $17 now :roll:

Went ahead and ordered Majin (360) and Mario vs DK: Mini-Land Mayhem while they were still available. My hesitation cost me Sonic Colors DS, which is currently "unavailable".

Do I stand any chance of it restocking before the sale ends? I know, I know..."lol deepdiscount", but still.

Well, it turns out they never shipped the order. I didn't want to potentially wait months to receive it so I tried to cancel. The first time I tried it said that I couldn't because it was "processing" the order. I finally got a hold of customer service and they told me that the item is out of stock so I ended up having them cancel it.

Of the two items I ordered one is canceled and the other hasn't shipped yet. Thanks to CAG I wasn't remotely surprised when I got the cancellation notice.

bread's done
Back