Def Jam Rapstar $4, Prime eligible (X360/PS3)

Is the song DLC still available for this somehow? I think I heard they stopped selling it?

I own the base game and it is a blast. Definitely worth it.

DLC was pulled through a dispute with EMI. Too bad because there were a bunch of songs I would have been interested in downloading.

Thanks OP, warehouse had ONE Like New for $3.24 w/ PRIME for the PS3 so I HAD to get it at that price point!

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I don't think it really matters, the online portion of this game is dead.  I was one of the last few to get the platinum in this, wooo!

WTF it's a singing game? I expected it to be another one of those fighters.
If you have a wired mic, you could attack somebody in your room and choke them out with it while you shout out "Joe Budden"! Just a thought. Anything can become a fighting game. You should see my son play Lego Batman 2.

Wow...Loving this game. At least 10 songs I love, two I'm bananas over, and even the ones I'm not excited about are entertaining enough to play through to unlock other songs I really like.

One of the better sub $5 games I've purchased.

Isn't this the game that landed Konami and Autumn Games in a lawsuit because it wasn't as profitable as they said it would be? Thereby indirectly screwing over the Skullgirls team. I feel like I can't buy it, on principle.

I bought the microphone bundle for $5 @ bestbuy.com when it was clearanced but I haven't even opened it and it's been like 2 yrs. No one that's come over since then has played guitar/dj hero or rock band so I guess this plastic instrument rhythm game market is officially dead lol.

Isn't this the game that landed Konami and Autumn Games in a lawsuit because it wasn't as profitable as they said it would be? Thereby indirectly screwing over the Skullgirls team. I feel like I can't buy it, on principle.
I don't even know who/what Skullgirls is, so any slight to them is worth about a buck of pig snot. Having said that, I doubt it made a ton of money, but much like DJ Hero (which was actually really good too) I admired devs taking a stab at other genres, or in the case of DJ Hero, unique peripherals. Nice break in the dozens of games that all look like carbon copies of Unreal Engine games.

I don't even know who/what Skullgirls is, so any slight to them is worth about a buck of pig snot. Having said that, I doubt it made a ton of money, but much like DJ Hero (which was actually really good too) I admired devs taking a stab at other genres, or in the case of DJ Hero, unique peripherals. Nice break in the dozens of games that all look like carbon copies of Unreal Engine games.
if you look at beatmanias controller, you can see that dj heros isnt to different.

I probably laughed more with this game than any other this gen. Great time with friends. I still go back occasionally to chip away at the marathon achievements and to watch some of the videos we recorded. Just sucks that the rights to release DLC were lost, so if you buy it now there are no DLC songs available anymore. Also, some achievements are online based and the servers have been offline for years.

if you look at beatmanias controller, you can see that dj heros isnt to different.
I actually used to DJ professionally back in my college days, still have my turntables, mixer, and crates of records, so after looking at the Beatmania controller, I don't see a cross-fader, which is absolute insanity for any DJ-game. It would be like playing a guitar video game with no simulated strumming.

bread's done
Back