Defective Memory Card?

joeposh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
So I just moved into my new college dorm a few weeks ago and decided to bring my old Gamecube along. When I was packing up I couldn't find my memory card or the AC adapter, so I decided to order them used off the web when I got settled in. I got an offical Nintendo 1052 Memory Card and a 3rd party power supply (wasn't promoted that way, but whatever). The power supply works fine but for some reason my Gamecube refuses to recognize my memory card regardless of what slot it's in. The card looks like it's been well taken care of, but I highly doubt it's the systems fault that the card isn't being recognized.

Anything else I can try before I call up EBgames and bitch? I really don't want to go through the hassle of shipping it back and I'd prefer not to go hunting for a location near me if I can help it. Thanks in advance?

Try wiping the connectors on the memory card? I bought two used memory cards, and one of them wasn't working in either slot until I wiped the connectors a little, then it was working just fine. Also, it could be your CameCube itself not working properly. Try using someone else's memory card if possible and see if that works. Good luck.

[quote name='DAnonymous1']Try wiping the connectors on the memory card? I bought two used memory cards, and one of them wasn't working in either slot until I wiped the connectors a little, then it was working just fine. Also, it could be your CameCube itself not working properly. Try using someone else's memory card if possible and see if that works. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

What do you suggest I wipe them off with? Like a q-tip?

bread's done
Back