Defense Grid Gold FREE on OnLive

Might mention in the title it's for new Android app users only. If you already got the Lego Batman game free earlier, you can't get DGG.

I missed BL and will likely miss DGG because they won't release OnLive for the Kindle Fire yet.

Just out of curiosity, is there a thread on this forum that talks about the OnLive system? I am very tempted to sign up for it but dont really know enough about it short of it sounds amazing. Any info would be appreciated.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Just out of curiosity, is there a thread on this forum that talks about the OnLive system? I am very tempted to sign up for it but dont really know enough about it short of it sounds amazing. Any info would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
If you have a fast internet connection and live near one of the onlive servers, I suggest you check it out.

It's worth it just for being able to try out the demos. Several of the demos are a half hour of gameplay, and even if they aren't you can just watch someone else play the full game.

I think testing it is probably the only way to know if the service works for you.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Just out of curiosity, is there a thread on this forum that talks about the OnLive system? I am very tempted to sign up for it but dont really know enough about it short of it sounds amazing. Any info would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I'm a big fan of onlive. I live in Baltimore MD and ue comcast and have no problems with connection speed. I'm in Western MD outin the mountians visiting the in laws this weekend and I'm plying LEGO Batman on my tablet with no problem.

Definitely sign up and try out some demos since it's free and test it for yourself.

All you have to do is go to the Android Market and download the OnLive app. It's free, and the game will appear in your account within 24 hours.

Anyone know how they track these? Is it like 1 free mobile game per user, or is it based on the android phone itself, or is it based on the google account tied to the android marketplace at the time of download??

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Anyone know how they track these? Is it like 1 free mobile game per user, or is it based on the android phone itself, or is it based on the google account tied to the android marketplace at the time of download??[/QUOTE]

I think you can just log into another account from the same tablet. I got LB earlier, and just logged into my brother's account to get him this game.

[quote name='xenozfan2']How do I update my phone to 2.3? I'm at 2.2 and I can't figure out how to do it?[/QUOTE]

Generally, your carrier sends any updates for your phone over the air. You wake up one morning and the phone has a dialog asking you to give it the ok to install the update.

The exceptions would be Nexus phones, which receive their updates directly from Google(same experience for you), or some Samsung phones that require you to plug the phone into your computer and download some software in order to update.

TLDR: generally, you would know if your phone was able to be updated because you would have automatically received the update.

afterthought: --There is also the possibility of a custom rom existing for your phone, made by enthusiasts. You would find info about that at xda-developers.com .. but proceed with caution.. the majority of custom roms are a nightmare in little ways like bad battery life or poor reception.. but few people will admit that to you before you dive in and discover it for yourself . There's a reason the carriers take so long pushing out updates and these guys seem to do it in a few weeks.

You can't count on those guys to help if you get stuck or mess up either. They *might* help you, or they might just call you names and tell you it's your own problem if you can't figure it out. Guess it depends on who you catch and what their current mood is. Just my observations from lurking on the forums over there. (this option also voids your warranty, if you have one)

bread's done
Back