Defiance deal on GreenManGaming

BlaiseMcBaine

CAGiversary!
Defiance is on sale for 30% off along with the season pass. You can stack this 20% off coupon GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA to get the game for $33.60. Just wanted to give everyone the heads up. I had been debating buying it until I found this. I don't know the exact price of the season pass since I didn't buy it.
Enjoy!

[quote name='Bierno']Does this also allow u to redeem on steam?[/QUOTE]
The store page mentions nothing about steam but does say it doesn't use Greenmangamings capsule. You probably punch in whatever key on the defiance website and download via that.

I just bought this. The Standard Edition of Defiance came out to $33.60 and the Season Pass came out to $22.40. Pretty nice deal for a game I have had my eye on for a while. And to the Steam question... the codes do not activate on Steam, they activate on your Trion worlds account. I assume its probably the same thing when you buy the game on Steam too, as it has no steam achievements or anything.

So, I haven't been really following this game or anything...

Does it have monthly fees to play?
Or are there loads of microtransactions / DLC's?

[quote name='MysterD']So, I haven't been really following this game or anything...

Or are there loads of microtransactions / DLC's?[/QUOTE]

No monthly fee, but there are microtransactions, and there's already a season pass for future DLC.

I got fucked. I bought this when they had a 30% coupon for it literally just the other day

You guys think they'll credit me back the 8 dollars if I ask nicely?

[quote name='justasplanned']I got fucked. I bought this when they had a 30% coupon for it literally just the other day

You guys think they'll credit me back the 8 dollars if I ask nicely?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, sounds like you got a great deal to me (30% off a brand new game).

You can always try your luck with their support department, though.

Hmm.. I enjoyed the pilot episode of the show. I'll have to check up some gameplay footage of the game to see if its any good.

[quote name='NEP']Hmm.. I enjoyed the pilot episode of the show. I'll have to check up some gameplay footage of the game to see if its any good.[/QUOTE]

same here, I'm wondering how they are tying the game in with the show.

[quote name='NEP']Hmm.. I enjoyed the pilot episode of the show. I'll have to check up some gameplay footage of the game to see if its any good.[/QUOTE]

I saw the pilot episode and thought it sucked, but I've heard the game is better.

[quote name='justasplanned']I got fucked. I bought this when they had a 30% coupon for it literally just the other day

You guys think they'll credit me back the 8 dollars if I ask nicely?[/QUOTE]

I give you permission to ask them

Any thoughts on this game? Looks like a larger borderlands basically. The quests don't look very interesting either.

The patcher... seems pretty badly designed. My updater froze earlier. So I closed it, and it restarted again... from 0%. I figured it would try scanning what files were already there and continue off... but nope.

[quote name='Bios Element']General verdict is mediocre. This is pretty universally held from what I've seen. Decent review here: http://angryjoeshow.com/2013/04/defiance-angry-review/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty universal. Both IGN and Kevin VanOrd (from Gamespot on his twitter) have said that while the shooting mechanics of Defiance are solid, the game has serious issues and is 'troubled' at times. The UI is terrible and designed for consoles. The voice acting is mediocre. The missions range from boring to boring. And when you level up, you don't gain massive improvements in your character, but instead small percentages of improvements that don't make your character massively more powerful than a new player. And the global chat is buried in menus and thus hardly anyone uses the chat, and coincidently, the 'MMO' aspect of the game is largely ignored. You might accidently work on a mission you and another player happen to be at at the same time, but rarely will you find a team to work together on a mission with (unless it's your friends).

But if you're looking for an MMO shooter like Borderlands, it's pretty solid for what it is. That said, Warframe and the upcoming Firefall are both Freemium and do that genre pretty well too, depending on what you want out of it. From everything I've read/seen, everyone seems to enjoy it despite it's flaws, including TotalBiscuit, AngryJoe, Kevin VanOrd (Gamespot), some guy for Machinima, and IGN.

Just a FYI:
As everyone says the game is glitchy and has several bugs mostly because of the fact that SyFy pushed Trion to release this game to be on-time and synced with the TV show.
The game probably will improve future not sure how much.

Still on the fence for this game. I really liked the show and I want to see more hence considering the game right now.

I got this earlier today and I am really liking it a lot. Also it should be noted that the code I got from GreenManGaming today was a pre-order one, so I got all the extra pre-order goodies!

Oh what the hell I'll jump in.
Trion is local to me so might as well support them.

Also just want to support the cause, don't want another THQ to ever happen again.

[quote name='jsvalmont']I got this earlier today and I am really liking it a lot. Also it should be noted that the code I got from GreenManGaming today was a pre-order one, so I got all the extra pre-order goodies![/QUOTE]

When do you get the pre-order goodies? My code gave me "Defiance Standard Edition GMG". Still a great deal on this game.

And just on a side note, I've never downloaded a game faster. 41 Mbps on Fios. Long way since my old acoustic coupler.

[quote name='pun123']same here, I'm wondering how they are tying the game in with the show.[/QUOTE]

I'm currently playing this on the PS3 and finished Act 3. You have maybe 5 Story Missions with Nolan and Irisa that appear after you complete some of the main missions.

Game is pretty good MMO except for some hiccups with server disconnects, missions, and voice chat is buggy. I'm guessing some of the people who review the game either haven't played an MMO or don't like the them.

I tried getting in on this deal, but their site sucks. When I was at work I would add it to the cart, but it would be gone when I tried to check out. Then when I got home I would get to checkout, but would error out on payment. I've used 3 different browsers (cleared cache and cookies on all of em) and 3 different payment options, but still stuck. I've submitted a ticket, but not counting on hearing anything back before this deal is no longer available.

Man, this game looks good, and the deal is great, but I don't know... Knowing my luck, I'd end up being the guy who gets screwed over by all the glitches I've read about.

Played in the beta for this like a month ago. The game is an incredibly mediocre MMO. It was actually kind of bad. I suppose if you're one of those people who absolutely loves MMO's and has to play them all this is a decent deal. For anyone else, I'd probably stay away from this.

[quote name='MysterD']So, I haven't been really following this game or anything...

Or are there loads of microtransactions / DLC's?[/QUOTE]
amazing game but imo wait until they fix the serious issues. If you can deal with the huge bumpy ride get now. But be warned this has serious issues on all systems but if you keep playing you will be addicted. It plays like a amazing alpha/early beta right now. To be expected but server issues make you ahhhhh.... I recommend but be warned so you dont get mad and do not give it a chance. The content right now small compared to other mmos but more will be added. Still waiting for no ETA patch on ps3...

[quote name='Necrotron']Yeah, pretty universal. Both IGN and Kevin VanOrd (from Gamespot on his twitter) have said that while the shooting mechanics of Defiance are solid, the game has serious issues and is 'troubled' at times. The UI is terrible and designed for consoles. The voice acting is mediocre. The missions range from boring to boring. And when you level up, you don't gain massive improvements in your character, but instead small percentages of improvements that don't make your character massively more powerful than a new player. And the global chat is buried in menus and thus hardly anyone uses the chat, and coincidently, the 'MMO' aspect of the game is largely ignored. You might accidently work on a mission you and another player happen to be at at the same time, but rarely will you find a team to work together on a mission with (unless it's your friends).

But if you're looking for an MMO shooter like Borderlands, it's pretty solid for what it is. That said, Warframe and the upcoming Firefall are both Freemium and do that genre pretty well too, depending on what you want out of it. From everything I've read/seen, everyone seems to enjoy it despite it's flaws, including TotalBiscuit, AngryJoe, Kevin VanOrd (Gamespot), some guy for Machinima, and IGN.[/QUOTE]
The perks alone make you way better. 6 slots i got open now so tdm/sw is easy mvp alot plus guns i mastered how to use good. I hope they add more soul to this after all missions done you go meh this is so limited.. he future content hope is better. 70% of missions boring but i am addicted to gameplay.

[quote name='PetersHere']Man, this game looks good, and the deal is great, but I don't know... Knowing my luck, I'd end up being the guy who gets screwed over by all the glitches I've read about.[/QUOTE]
Will be amazing down the road so go for it. Sucks how many sold there game days after release...

[quote name='jedolley']I tried getting in on this deal, but their site sucks. When I was at work I would add it to the cart, but it would be gone when I tried to check out. Then when I got home I would get to checkout, but would error out on payment. I've used 3 different browsers (cleared cache and cookies on all of em) and 3 different payment options, but still stuck. I've submitted a ticket, but not counting on hearing anything back before this deal is no longer available.[/QUOTE]

GMG stated there store was down, but back up. Guess I will try again.

EDIT: Nevermind, their site is still crap.

[quote name='SEH']Played in the beta for this like a month ago. The game is an incredibly mediocre MMO. It was actually kind of bad. I suppose if you're one of those people who absolutely loves MMO's and has to play them all this is a decent deal. For anyone else, I'd probably stay away from this.[/QUOTE]

I've been hearing mixed things, but I think mostly positive... I thought Rifts was a solid game that did alot of things right, but overall was kind of blah for me. I think i am going to give Defiance a shot because I enjoyed the first episode and have been wanting a Sci-Fish MMO since Tabula Rasa. For $33 and no subscription I am willing to bite.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is decent, I am not playing much until some of the bugs go away but I was enjoying the gameplay even if the questing is really generic. Vehicles and combat are fun. The UI truly is horrible though. As for the Nolan missions, they deleted those from the game. One of the things some people are mad about because there is not a lot of story content yet and they are going to be deleting episodic content that does not fit in with the show. In this case since the characters are in another part of the country in the show, they deleted their missions from the game rather than finding some way to explain to the player that those missions occur before the show begins. I don't really care one way or the other but a lot of people are mad about them removing content already.

This is a good price. The game looked promising but still. Bit pricey. Watching the show now. May decide to bite.

i like the fact that grinding does not make you overpowered. it is still pretty much skill based, like a typical FPS. you can't pay to win or grind to win.

i like the pilot episode of the TV show as well.

[quote name='paz9x']wow, people watch that guy on purpose? I couldn't make it 10 seconds into the video.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's amazing that people actually enjoy informed opinions with a large heaping of entertainment with their reviews. ^_^

You only watch AngryJoe if you want a paid review featuring a high score or an unpaid review featuring a low score.

I still need to beat Guild Wars 2 at some point kinda sickened me hearing this game has a Season Pass..but to each their own, kudos to the PC platform for seeing the first major price drop, I wonder if they'll ever adopt a F2P model.

I gave in.

It sounds like the main detriment to mot is they can play it single player and not much of a community or customization.

Personally I don't need those things. It souns nice to jut play a cooperative shooter with tons of other people auto joined to your party. Relaxing while playing it with a gamepad is even better.

$30.60 with my $3 credit (where from?), I really dug the beta. The game plays like a MMO Borderlands. It supposed to get repetitive, but I'm sure I'll get 20+ hours from it.

[quote name='pROvIs']I gave in.

It sounds like the main detriment to mot is they can play it single player and not much of a community or customization.

Personally I don't need those things. It souns nice to jut play a cooperative shooter with tons of other people auto joined to your party. Relaxing while playing it with a gamepad is even better.[/QUOTE]
GL its online only and very unstable for all 3. People buy nonstop and resell fast. Trion why oh why there on my naughty list the beta played with 50x less issues...

[quote name='Marauder7']I'm currently playing this on the PS3 and finished Act 3. You have maybe 5 Story Missions with Nolan and Irisa that appear after you complete some of the main missions.

Game is pretty good MMO except for some hiccups with server disconnects, missions, and voice chat is buggy. I'm guessing some of the people who review the game either haven't played an MMO or don't like the them.[/QUOTE]
Then we got new players like you acting like you put 200+ hours in. sad

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']GL its online only and very unstable for all 3. People buy nonstop and resell fast. Trion why oh why there on my naughty list the beta played with 50x less issues...[/QUOTE]

I am extremely confused by this post. All three what? What are people buying and selling?

I played an hour or so earlier and enjoyed it so far.

bread's done
Back