Defiance: Hunt for the Arkfall Codes *Update 3/13* console beta signups dated

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']3 Reasons to go ps3 version.

1. xbox had one mmo it was ffxi and it was a mess.
2. ps3 has had more experience and can handle huge amount of players in many people in a game.
3. Xbox community dies fast on coop games. If it is not halo or cod good luck. This is why most people boost cause online dies to fast on xbox.
The public beta demos are beta form just a more polished version. The defiance xbox beta was called a beta but it should of been called a alpha cause what stage it was in. The long term testers know what i am talking about on this. This beta was mostly testing servers and xbox was really bad in that area. I suggest reading there forums cause most people could not sign in to the servers. The server issues most likely take weeks to months to tweak after launch for the 360. The game rules but remember it is a online only game. So keep in mind and have patience.

I just hope it stays alive online and most people give up fast when they cannot play. I am only posting this to inform them it might be a more bumpy ride then the ps3 users will have. The game was fun hope all goes well.[/QUOTE]

1. Xbox has had a couple MMOs. You forgot about Phantasy Star Universe. FFXI is the only one still going strong, so that was a terrible example. They even have an expansion coming out soon.
Compared to the one that PS3 has, I'd say double pretty good.

2. Xbox 360 has had more experience with MMOs, so I'm not sure where you are getting your information from. The only MMO on PS3 is that DC Universe one that came out in 2011. Final Fantasy XI came out in 2006. Way more experience, but that doesn't actually mean anything.

3. I experienced no lag in Xbox beta durring the times it was supposed to be (Monday-Wednesday). Plus you already said that was more of an alpha than a beta.

Just posting to inform people that the game will be good no matter which version you get.

Thanks OP for the list. Entered in about 100 before the thing crashed and said I had entered 0 codes. Will try again later.

[quote name='bob101910']1. Xbox has had a couple MMOs. You forgot about Phantasy Star Universe. FFXI is the only one still going strong, so that was a terrible example. They even have an expansion coming out soon.
Compared to the one that PS3 has, I'd say double pretty good.

2. Xbox 360 has had more experience with MMOs, so I'm not sure where you are getting your information from. The only MMO on PS3 is that DC Universe one that came out in 2011. Final Fantasy XI came out in 2006. Way more experience, but that doesn't actually mean anything.

3. I experienced no lag in Xbox beta durring the times it was supposed to be (Monday-Wednesday). Plus you already said that was more of an alpha than a beta.

Just posting to inform people that the game will be good no matter which version you get.

Thanks OP for the list. Entered in about 100 before the thing crashed and said I had entered 0 codes. Will try again later.[/QUOTE]

1. Forgot about psu but that was limited in coop people killing at once so the lobby was mmo but not the action but you get my point. FFXI has serious issues with lag at times The servers was meh also when a lot were on at once. There are people playing but most say it was meh cause of lag or boring.

2. Dust,DC, and the huge shooters like mag back in the day and other huge players playing at once games. How many 360 games do 64 vs 64 or anywhere near that. PS3 has has better experience in games that have 64 to over 100 people doing stuff around each other.

3. Go google before you debate wrong info. There was lag between players a quick search shows this and trion said there was. I also said it PLAYED more like a alpha build. Trolling is in your blood.

I have a feeling no matter what i say will matter with you so will not bother. Fact sony is more experienced with mmo type games where a huge amount of people connected at once. I love both consoles but ps3 for me.

Now go troll the ps3 boards on gf.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']1. Forgot about psu but that was limited in coop people killing at once so the lobby was mmo but not the action but you get my point. FFXI has serious issues with lag at times The servers was meh also when a lot were on at once. There are people playing but most say it was meh cause of lag or boring.

2. Dust,DC, and the huge shooters like mag back in the day and other huge players playing at once games. How many 360 games do 64 vs 64 or anywhere near that. PS3 has has better experience in games that have 64 to over 100 people doing stuff around each other.

3. Go google before you debate wrong info. There was lag between players a quick search shows this and trion said there was. I also said it PLAYED more like a alpha build. Trolling is in your blood.

I have a feeling no matter what i say will matter with you so will not bother. Fact sony is more experienced with mmo type games where a huge amount of people connected at once. I love both consoles but ps3 for me.

Now go troll the ps3 boards on gf.[/QUOTE]

Nah, trolling would be something akin to "Both choices suck. PC is master race, better at all those things. And at preorder bonuses too (thanks to Steam)" or "Dear lord, go to grammar school and learn proper punctuation and syntax." Bob's just trying to keep other users informed of what he perceives to be the right state of mind when choosing a version, which is it doesn't really matter cause you'll enjoy/hate it regardless of console choice. I haven't yet seen a crossplatform game that I wouldve thought "Awww I should've gotten this on the other console! It would've been better!" Every version has its faults. Personally I believe that people should just get the version that they think most of their friends would play on. If it's a pleasant experience, you'll have no problem finding people to play with, if it ends up horribly, everyone will suffer together. No biggie.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']1. Forgot about psu but that was limited in coop people killing at once so the lobby was mmo but not the action but you get my point. FFXI has serious issues with lag at times The servers was meh also when a lot were on at once. There are people playing but most say it was meh cause of lag or boring.

Now go troll the ps3 boards on gf.[/QUOTE]

You're forgetting some important facts.

1. Voice chat in Defiance is pretty bad, and PS3 offers no party chat.

2. Xbox has been running FFXI has been running successfully far longer than any of the PS3 bigger games.

3. The day 1 lag was also fixed on day 1 and since then the beta ran perfectly smoothly. The game will run just fine on both consoles, but only one of them will allow you to talk with 7 friends who might even be playing other games at the same time. And to me, there's no point in playing an MMO if you can't talk to your friends.

[quote name='Karazykid']You're forgetting some important facts.

1. Voice chat in Defiance is pretty bad, and PS3 offers no party chat.

2. Xbox has been running FFXI has been running successfully far longer than any of the PS3 bigger games.

3. The day 1 lag was also fixed on day 1 and since then the beta ran perfectly smoothly. The game will run just fine on both consoles, but only one of them will allow you to talk with 7 friends who might even be playing other games at the same time. And to me, there's no point in playing an MMO if you can't talk to your friends.[/QUOTE]
PS3 FTW i figured. audio chat is ok for me talk to people all the time. enjoy 360 version issues cause man they got alot. ps3 not perfect but been way less of a nightmare. Well hope 360 gets fixed up for you people.

Also ffxi had mad issues with lag and other things google is your friend.

bread's done
Back