Delaware?

Flyersfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
What state is that in?

Anywho, has anyone been in the gamestop in gov. square? I went in there today, and, as usual, the employees in there tried to get me to buy more items than I needed. Had to reassure him 3 times that i did not want a ps2 headset.

Anyone from de?

Do they have any Tony Hawk games there by any chance?

I'm probably gonna head up today to see, but if someone already knows that would be great.

[quote name='Flyersfan']I wish an indepent game store would open near here :(

I'm tired of going to CC, BB, or EB Games. I have no other stores near me.[/quote]

I don't think you'd WANT to check out any of the independent game stores in the area. There is one in New Castle's University Plaza and it's prices are ridiculous. At the New Castle Farmer's Market, there is a small video games store that sells games well over retail. The only half decent seller is a vendor at Newark Farmer's Market but I haven't seen him in a while. His game prices were decent, slightly above EB/GS, and he had a few rare titles. Those are the only independent game stores in the area I know of.

[quote name='Superstar7']I don't think you'd WANT to check out any of the independent game stores in the area. There is one in New Castle's University Plaza and it's prices are ridiculous. At the New Castle Farmer's Market, there is a small video games store that sells games well over retail. The only half decent seller is a vendor at Newark Farmer's Market but I haven't seen him in a while. His game prices were decent, slightly above EB/GS, and he had a few rare titles. Those are the only independent game stores in the area I know of.[/QUOTE]

Man, I hate that one at the New Castle Farmer's Market. That older woman that runs the store has to be the most unfriendly, angriest bitch that I've ever seen at a game store. The only reason they haven't gone under is all the movies they now sell (in place of games). At one time they actually used to be pretty good in game selection too.

I've actually had some good finds at the outdoor vendors there. I scored a complete Suikoden 2 for $12.99 a few years ago and just last year landed a complete/mint Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (GC) for under $10.

Joesf knows whats he's talking about. The Fleamarket at the farmers market has alot of good game titles for cheap, just gotta take some time and look around. The one inside the farmer's market blows, unless ya know someone who steals and want some crappy regular nintendo games.

I am back in Delaware now permanently, and I was wondering if you guys could give me a heads up on whats going on around here. Is there any U of D competitions? Any gaming clubs or bars? Just looking to expand the social life with my interests.

I did not go to school around here and I have been dealing with business issues, so I am not familar with the DE stuff anymore. Any help is appreciated

(P.S. the whole state is open, or surrounding states, but I am from Newark.)

Ah Delaware. I was reminiscing about when I lived in Newark. I would go to that store Days of Knights a lot back when I was into MTG and Pokemon cards. There was another card store in Newark, I think the shopping center had a burlington coat factory and an Acme. As for video games, I remember going to the Farmers Market, EB at the Christiana Mall(is there still 2 EB's there?), some store called Microplay or something, TRU, and Sears(back when they sold video games, good times). Haha I remember when that Best Buy opened, bought a lot of Playstation 1 games there back in the day. I remember the TRU always had a good selection of Gameboy games, a lot of older titles too. I should head back to Newark one day, visit the Farmers Market and see some old friends.

[quote name='Josef']Man, I hate that one at the New Castle Farmer's Market. That older woman that runs the store has to be the most unfriendly, angriest bitch that I've ever seen at a game store. The only reason they haven't gone under is all the movies they now sell (in place of games). At one time they actually used to be pretty good in game selection too.

I've actually had some good finds at the outdoor vendors there. I scored a complete Suikoden 2 for $12.99 a few years ago and just last year landed a complete/mint Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (GC) for under $10.[/quote]

LOL, you know EXACTLY who I was talking about. I'm done dealing with her. The outdoor dealers are far better, and if you search really well, they have some "exclusives" here and there.
I went to Cowtown recently. (Yes, I know it's Jersey, but it's close to the bridge, so THERE!) Someone had a lot of sealed games, for PS2, GC, and X360, @ 3 for $25, but with all the counterfeiting and bootlegging that seems to have taken over a once respectable flea market, I passed on that one, even though the games looked real. They were really great games, including Saint's Row and Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

A Play N Trade actually opened up in Middletown maybe a month or two ago. The staff there are all really nice, and the whole concept behind the store where you can play any game they have in stock is cool.

Anyone else notice the new Gamestop that is opening on the corner of Naamans Rd and RTE 202? What does that make it, 4 Gamestops in a five mile radius now? It's a good thing bingbangboom doesn't plan on opening his game store in that area - there is way too much competition.

[quote name='Josef']Anyone else notice the new Gamestop that is opening on the corner of Naamans Rd and RTE 202? What does that make it, 4 Gamestops in a five mile radius now? It's a good thing bingbangboom doesn't plan on opening his game store in that area - there is way too much competition.[/QUOTE]

I had a chance to visit this store this week. It's actually the best Gamestop in the area. It's very roomy (not cramped like the usual Gamestops) and is very bright and clean inside. Plus the employees are cool (at least on the day I went there).

Looks like I'm moving to Dover in September. Pretty psyched after a year in Korea and three in Alaska I am happy to get back east and be near so many cities

[quote name='jlarlee']Looks like I'm moving to Dover in September. Pretty psyched after a year in Korea and three in Alaska I am happy to get back east and be near so many cities[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the area. Let me know if you have any questions about Delaware.

Kmart in Claymont Delaware had The Saboteur on PS3 for $6. Price sticker said $19.99. I think I saw two copies one of which is now mine.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Kmart in Claymont Delaware had The Saboteur on PS3 for $6. Price sticker said $19.99. I think I saw two copies one of which is now mine.[/QUOTE]

Good find! Unfortunately I live too far North of Claymont to take advantage of this, not to mention that this thread is out of date! :roll:

[quote name='jlarlee']Looks like I'm moving to Dover in September. Pretty psyched after a year in Korea and three in Alaska I am happy to get back east and be near so many cities[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the Small Wonder! If you need anything, feel free to message me. I don't bite. :)

Funny thing is I installed it & played it for 10 mins and haven't been back since... I think I'm just buying cool cheap games just to use on black Friday sales..

Can anybody in the Dover area give me a quick rundown on the best internet/cable or satellite hookups?

I'm leaning towards Directv to get the free Sunday ticket but whats the best internet provider there?

[quote name='jlarlee']Can anybody in the Dover area give me a quick rundown on the best internet/cable or satellite hookups?

I'm leaning towards Directv to get the free Sunday ticket but whats the best internet provider there?[/QUOTE]
its delaware so youre better off asking your neighbors... service from one company in one area is great but then it can stink in another neighborhood

By the way, trade in tip... If you take care of your games very well or have collectors editions in good shape you may be better off taking the games to trade in at 2nd and Charles by Christiana Hospital that opened up where Borders was by Toys R Us in Newark... I've been pleased with my trade in values there so far, especially with collectors editions where I get more as opposed to gamestop which gives you the trade in value of the regular game...
They have a strange system though, you can't see individual items' prices and they give you a price for each box you fill out. They also deny your trade ins I think if it's under a certain value or you give them crap in the boxes... but if you want to trade in a lot of games and CDs and movies and books I would recommend checking it out... their used game selection is a little lacking but you can trade in towards anything in the store including a few new games or movies or books... let me know if anyone works there or has experience trading there that we locals can figure their system out better

I have traded DVDs and games at 2nd and Charles several times in the past two months at the Delaware location. It's a decent place and trade in credit seems to be fair. Like the previous poster stated, the selection of games is minimal at best when it comes to current generation but there is a gem or two to be found in previous generation games (SNES, Genesis, PS1,etc.) I just received in the mail today 2 coupons from their store. Double store credit (on the total of what you bring in) and $5 off $25.

bread's done
Back