DeLay indicted AGAIN

One thing that I just don't get is where have the conservatives gone? The following quote is from aol news of today, "A defiant DeLay, a Texas Republican, on Sunday dismissed the criminal conspiracy charges against him as "over the top" and said he can do his job even without the title. He pledged to continue his close partnership with House Speaker Dennis Hastert to aggressively push an agenda of lower gasoline prices and tax cuts in the coming weeks."

Push for lower gasoline prices?

[quote name='Mr.Answer']One thing that I just don't get is where have the conservatives gone? The following quote is from aol news of today, "A defiant DeLay, a Texas Republican, on Sunday dismissed the criminal conspiracy charges against him as "over the top" and said he can do his job even without the title. He pledged to continue his close partnership with House Speaker Dennis Hastert to aggressively push an agenda of lower gasoline prices and tax cuts in the coming weeks."

Push for lower gasoline prices?[/QUOTE]

A quarter net profit increase averaging 70-91% for most major oil companies from the first to second fiscal quarter this year seemed to get the ire of those who paid attention.

Keep in mind, such profit increases all occurred BEFORE the gouging at the hands of Katrina.

Conservative or not, the public is becoming increasingly aware of their exploitation at the hands of companies motivated solely by profit. If you want to keep (or progress) your political career, it's in your best interest to be on the side looking to stop consumer exploitation by the oil industry.

Let me guess -- this second indictment is "political retribution" from the democrats again? DeLay is so predictable.

[quote name='mykevermin']A quarter net profit increase averaging 70-91% for most major oil companies from the first to second fiscal quarter this year seemed to get the ire of those who paid attention.

Keep in mind, such profit increases all occurred BEFORE the gouging at the hands of Katrina.

Conservative or not, the public is becoming increasingly aware of their exploitation at the hands of companies motivated solely by profit. If you want to keep (or progress) your political career, it's in your best interest to be on the side looking to stop consumer exploitation by the oil industry.[/QUOTE]

My subtle point (and perhaps too subtle) is that a leading Republican is making a point to control prices whereas their core philos is to let the market decide (which it is to the pleasure of Chevron and BP and the like)

[quote name='Mr.Answer']My subtle point (and perhaps too subtle) is that a leading Republican is making a point to control prices whereas their core philos is to let the market decide (which it is to the pleasure of Chevron and BP and the like)[/QUOTE]

I'm not dense; I got what you were saying. I'm also saying that the collective public is sick of letting the market determine prices, and even the conservative Republicans (some of them, anyway) are aware of this fact.

I just want to know what you're all going to do when he's acquited of everything, the DA is brought under ethics charges and disbarred for publicly discussing ongoing investigations.

The fact that you're hoping a *technicality* comes to pass so that your boy's case will be thrown out is extremely indicative of your sheer level of idiotic dedication to your party.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I just want to know what you're all going to do when he's acquited of everything, the DA is brought under ethics charges and disbarred for publicly discussing ongoing investigations.[/QUOTE]

They're going to bring charges against Ken Starr?

[quote name='mykevermin']The fact that you're hoping a *technicality* comes to pass so that your boy's case will be thrown out is extremely indicative of your sheer level of idiotic dedication to your party.[/QUOTE]

It will be thrown out at the preliminary hearing. No technicality on that one.

No way in hell this is going to trial.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']It will be thrown out at the preliminary hearing. No technicality on that one.

No way in hell this is going to trial.[/QUOTE]

Which "this?" ;)

MP1001.gif

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Both. Then a whole lot of people will have to eat a whole lot of crow.[/QUOTE]

*opens a bag of Funyuns and waits*

[quote name='mykevermin']If those damned liberals hadn't set him up... ;)[/QUOTE]

Those damned LIBRULS are everywhere!

bread's done
Back