Delivery Confirmation Problem?

Negative

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Well, I have been hit w/ a Paypal fradulent account freeze, and the only thing to save my ass is a DC# proving item was delivered. Of course, with my luck, thats to easy, so DC# shows as " There is no record of this item." I mailed 2 packages on Thurs (Oct.14), both bound for NY, and one shows up as item delivered, while the one I need shows as AWOL. Anyone ever have this problem? Any advice?

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Well, I have been hit w/ a Paypal fradulent account freeze, and the only thing to save my ass is a DC# proving item was delivered. Of course, with my luck, thats to easy, so DC# shows as " There is no record of this item." I mailed 2 packages on Thurs (Oct.14), both bound for NY, and one shows up as item delivered, while the one I need shows as AWOL. Anyone ever have this problem? Any advice?[/QUOTE]

Well it's up to the USPS to scan the item each time it arrives somewhere, I find that more often than not it really only gets scanned when it leaves and when it arrives. There has been times for me though when they don't scan it when it leaves and only shows up when it gets there. How long has it been since you sent out? It may still arrive and DC will show up once it gets to the destination.

I made a trade on CAG a few months ago and the DC said it was delivered to me. I was actually outside my house mowing and the mailwoman handed me my mail that day. The mailwoman admitted that she remembered handing me my mail that day and that she may have delivered it to the wrong address, but there was nothing the post office could do since I didn't have any insurance on it. I just sucked up the loss.

Call your local post office and have them look into the issue. The website & 800 # tracking for it are semi-useless in this situation, and the local PO can take a deeper look into the situation than you have access to.

I've had this situation happen to me once in a while, and it isn't origin scanned at the PO, and due to that, it doesn't exist as far as the website & 800 # tracking are concerned. Somewhere along the way, it does end up getting scanned, and the post office can try to see where it's at.

Call the 800-ASK-USPS number and get the number for your local PO. Ask to speak to one of the managers and give them the delivery confirmation number. It should be in the system at this point, since they don't show up in the system until the day after (the 14th, if you sent on Thursday, which was the 13th, or the 15th, if you sent on the 14th).

Dealing with the local post office is your best chance to find it. Then again, I have also had first class packages take 8-9 days to arrive to the recipient, due to it being "lost", so anything's possible.

Did you ship through paypal? cause the Confirmation numbers they give usually don't work, as they are just there to say that you shipped.

If you have that green slip from a post office, you should be fine.

Shrike: I gave my local USPS a call a little while ago, guy claims its out of his hands, but to call in the morning and ask for the manager, he might be able to look into it.

Apossum: Yes, I have the green slip with me.

Another thing though, I sent these First Class, which means that from Texas to New York, these packages are not going to get there in 2-3 days worth...right? The way I figure it, I sent them at around lunch time Thursday, from a mail drop off store, so that means they don't get into the main post office till Friday. Say they work w/ it on Sat., Sunday they are off, and are well on their way on Monday. One of the DC says it arrived at its destination on Monday morning, at 10 am. Maybe that's when it got scanned as being accepted? Man this sucks...

Edit! Er, forgot to thank you guys.

Where did you buy the postage and DC for your packages? From my experience, if you buy the postage+DC from post office's automated machine, the DC won't appear on the web site until the package has been delivered. On the other hand, if you buy postage from online or from post office clerk, then the status should show up on the web site the following day.

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Shrike: I gave my local USPS a call a little while ago, guy claims its out of his hands, but to call in the morning and ask for the manager, he might be able to look into it.

Apossum: Yes, I have the green slip with me.

Another thing though, I sent these First Class, which means that from Texas to New York, these packages are not going to get there in 2-3 days worth...right? The way I figure it, I sent them at around lunch time Thursday, from a mail drop off store, so that means they don't get into the main post office till Friday. Say they work w/ it on Sat., Sunday they are off, and are well on their way on Monday. One of the DC says it arrived at its destination on Monday morning, at 10 am. Maybe that's when it got scanned as being accepted? Man this sucks...

Edit! Er, forgot to thank you guys.[/QUOTE]

Texas to New York, going first class, should take 3-4 days, from what I'd guess. If shipped Thursday, they might arrive today or tomorrow.

If it shows arrived as destination, it might be a sorting facility local to the area, since it'll show delivered at a time & date when it's delivered. Otherwise, it'll show the step as something other than delivery.

Checking tomorrow and speaking with a manager is a very good idea.

Sounds like this is over a very small time frame too-- what's up with this buyer? Not sure how paypal deals with evidence and such, but find the person at the P.O. that handled the transaction and see if they can help you out.

Paypal should also consider that it hasn't been more than a week...i mean, wtf? People can have your account frozen just like that?

[quote name='shrike4242']Texas to New York, going first class, should take 3-4 days, from what I'd guess.[/QUOTE]

Funny you mentioned those two Shrike. I just made a trade with another CAG from NYC. I mailed the package FC W/DC on the 8th. DC said it arrived at his local post office in NYC on the 11th, but according to DC the package didn't actually get to him until the 17th. I still haven't heard back from him if it actually arrived, but I wonder where it was hiding for 6 days. Anyway, don't give up hope!

bread's done
Back