Dell 24" Widescreen LCD monitor for $860+tax!

kaji7p56

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
This was taken from Fatwallet:

You can get this monitor for $860+tax. Regular price is $1199

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4221&link_number=

All you have to do is call Dell's phone number: 1-800-456-3355.

When they ask for an extension punch in: 7240141

This will take you to the Accesories Department and you will be prompted to punch in an extension for particular Dell reps.

These are the ones that are confirmed as giving the deal:

Brad -extension 5783

Andy-extension 5712

Apparently this is a new monitor and Dell has authorized these reps to sell them cheap. Many people have recieved the monitor (not me since I am broke). You have to purchase it through the phone and if you are firm about it you can get a 3-year warranty on it.

This is the review for the monitor

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1764458,00.asp

[quote name='the_deej']sexy.. but a little pricey :roll:[/quote]

It's pricey, but according to Extremetech's review it is better than Apple's 23" cinema display that costs $1799.

I got a catalog from dell that showed that monitor was 749 if u werent purchasing it with a system , hmm it could be for the 21 inch im not sure. Ill check when I go home. and thats a real good price too wonder if I get a discount since i work for an affiliate company of dells.

This monitor just came out. I have yet to see it in any of the Dell catalogs I get. I almost jumped on a 20" flat panel they were offering last week for 487 shipped. Great deal for someone with 900 bucks to spend.

Right now, if you get an XPS system, you can get it for even less - the bump to it is 706$ more. If you get an 8400, it's a bump of 787$ - not too bad if you're in for a package deal since they have a good 8400 setup for well under 1000$.

It's expensive but takes HD inputs (component and DVI!) and can function as a very good TV. Considering a 26" Samsung LCD HDTV is 2000$, this is definitely a good deal. The specs are spot-on to be a great set for the size - it does 1920x1200 - full 1080i may be possible in such as small screen! I think you'll still have to set it up through a HTPC since I doubt it has any ATSC tuning built-in (not mentioned). It's tempting... but mortgage payment and car payment says "NO" :)

I'd want it, but I can't for the life of me set my desktop resolution to widescreen. I've got a widescreen TV on the video out, you see, and there's no widescreen option in the display settings.

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='the_deej']sexy.. but a little pricey :roll:[/quote]

It's pricey, but according to Extremetech's review it is better than Apple's 23" cinema display that costs $1799.[/quote]

I would be amazed if that's the case. I have an apple 23" aluminum and a Dell 2005WFP 20" widescreen and there is no comparison. The Dell is nice for the price but the Apple is far and away better.

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']Does dell accept orphans as currency?[/quote]
If you buy it at Walmart, yes.

bread's done
Back