Dell.com Blur (PC) $29.99, Blur (PS3) $49.99

Nameless One

CAGiversary!
I did a search and didn't see this, found the price on Gamespot while looking at the review. If it exists, I didn't see it so sorry in advance (I know how vehemently this community tends to go after double posts).

$29.99 Blur (PC)
$49.99 Blur (PS3)

No deal on the 360 version unfortunately, but $10 off will work for me, especially on the PC version. Since it doesn't use Steam, no reason to wait for a sale there, and at this price I'll just hope the PC community contains itself and doesn't hack the ever-loving hell out of this game.

I was, initially, really looking forward to this one. The primary reason I was holding off on Split/Second was to wait for Blur...however, reviews are coming out now, and it aint pretty. With such low reviews, I wouldn't be surprised to see this game in the $20 range in no time...

[quote name='blahtastic']I was, initially, really looking forward to this one. The primary reason I was holding off on Split/Second was to wait for Blur...however, reviews are coming out now, and it aint pretty. With such low reviews, I wouldn't be surprised to see this game in the $20 range in no time...[/QUOTE]

Low reviews? Only one I'm seeing below 8 so far is IGN's 7.0. 8.0 from Gamespot and Eurogamer and an 8.7 from Gametrailers to name a few.

[quote name='Killbomb']Low reviews? Only one I'm seeing below 8 so far is IGN's 7.0. 8.0 from Gamespot and Eurogamer and an 8.7 from Gametrailers to name a few.[/QUOTE]

IGN trashed the game, but everyone else seems to put it at around the same as or a little better than Split/Second. Considering I paid $45 plus a 10 gaming cr for S/S, I think it was the better deal. Choosing between the recently released seems about deciding what you like in a racer. Do you want Mario Kart in real autos (blur), Mario Kart but with your own chars/karts and maps (Modnation), or do you want an arcade racer with explosions and massive worldplay with less depth (Split/Second)?

I do agree with what he said about the gaming going down in price. I think both Blur and Split/Second will drop in the next couple of months because of the fact they came out at the same time and they're splitting their target audience down the middle. Neither will be as profitable as either would have been without the other. Meanwhile, I think all the LBP fanatics will buy their Modnation Racers.

I think I'll enjoy the short life of S/S, sell it, and use the credit to eventually buy Blur once its price is lower.

I keep thinking of Split/Second and Blur in terms of Prototype and inFamous last year.

[quote name='Killbomb']Low reviews? Only one I'm seeing below 8 so far is IGN's 7.0. 8.0 from Gamespot and Eurogamer and an 8.7 from Gametrailers to name a few.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right. Sorry about that. I read the reviews early on when IGN was one of the only ones who posted a review for it (and totally trashed it) and at the time, the other ones came from relatively unknown groups and were around a 7 too.

$30 for a PC game like this is a good deal. I preordered mines off Steam and it was $40; downloaded it today and it's mad fun. Action is incredibly fast paced and chaotic - you can have up to 20 people racing at once, though I haven't had a chance to do those types of races yet.

But yeah, I don't like the fact that these two titles released at the same time. Obviously it was done to create this hype we're talking about right now, but at what cost?

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I do agree with what he said about the gaming going down in price. I think both Blur and Split/Second will drop in the next couple of months because of the fact they came out at the same time and they're splitting their target audience down the middle. Neither will be as profitable as either would have been without the other. Meanwhile, I think all the LBP fanatics will buy their Modnation Racers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, once one of the games had a solid release date, you'd have thought the other game's publisher would set their release date at least a month earlier or later. I love my arcade racers so I got Split/Second last week, MNR today and will most likely get Blur within the next few weeks as well but I'm sure many will have to choose one of the 3.

bread's done
Back