Dell Deals Dragon Age Awakening Preorder $25 + shipping

Bretts31344

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
Here are some video games deals from Dell. I know the Battlefield BC2 games have been posted but I couldn't not find the sale of the Dragon Age expansion posted. $15 off seems like a decent deal. Free shipping on orders over $49. Shipping was $7 for my zip code.

Xbox 360
$25 + Shipping
PC $25 + Shipping

I think there is 5% Bing cashback for Dell too.

Edit: Shipping and tax kind of kills it. Still cheaper than MSRP though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. Went in for 2 with my friend, got free shipping. If you can find someone else to go in the deal with you, you can get by with only paying tax (free shipping on orders over $49)

[quote name='rokkon']Thanks OP. Went in for 2 with my friend, got free shipping. If you can find someone else to go in the deal with you, you can get by with only paying tax (free shipping on orders over $49)[/QUOTE]

Nice find about free shipping. I will update the post.

Does anyone know for sure if this is going to need the disc or if we will be able to download to hard drive and then use the regular dragon age disc to play it? If you need the disc then chop me up to ordering one too.

[quote name='rokkon']Thanks OP. Went in for 2 with my friend, got free shipping. If you can find someone else to go in the deal with you, you can get by with only paying tax (free shipping on orders over $49)[/QUOTE]

Thanks almost passed over this deal due to shipping but I got a friend to order with me =D And thanks to the OP this is a really good deal.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Does anyone know for sure if this is going to need the disc or if we will be able to download to hard drive and then use the regular dragon age disc to play it? If you need the disc then chop me up to ordering one too.[/QUOTE]

id like to know too

[quote name='Xfactor19990']i heard if you buy retail it plays off disc[/QUOTE]

i heard you can install xbox 360 games to the hard drive

[quote name='rpnguyen']i heard you can install xbox 360 games to the hard drive[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can, but they don't play without the disc actually in the tray to verify you own the game. That way, people can't simply rent games, rip them, and then own the game for next to nothing.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, you can, but they don't play without the disc actually in the tray to verify you own the game. That way, people can't simply rent games, rip them, and then own the game for next to nothing.[/QUOTE]

Exactly

What I should not have done is order more games.

What I did was order X360 DA:O Awakenings and Battlefield: BC2 for about $64 shipped after Bing.

What I will not do is tell my wife.

good price,

well i guess we'll find about the installing part tomorrow when people start getting it. i'd post but at the rate i get packages....i wont be playing this until about 8 pm. release date delivery : p

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, you can, but they don't play without the disc actually in the tray to verify you own the game. That way, people can't simply rent games, rip them, and then own the game for next to nothing.[/QUOTE]
no listing on gamefly, so i assume it install dlc into hdd like oblivion goty's and fallout 3 goty's expansion disc.

I bought 2 of them and figured I'd sell one on Craigslist. Thought I'd offer it here first. PM me and we'll figure it out. $25+3 to ship it to you or you can pick it up if you live near Louisville. Will take 7 days for Dell to ship it to me though so I hope you're not in a hurry. . .

I dont understand Dells logic here with the shipping. 7 day delivery (Standard) is $6.99.
3-5 Day delivery (Economy) is $6.99.

Gimme a friggun break.

So, If Dell didnt run the -$15.00 , it wouldve come to $49.94 with s+h and tax.

Did anyone just go out and buy it today? I think its just a install like someone said because on gamestops website it says it requires dragon age and a hard drive which leads me to think install throw on shelf and never touch again.

[quote name='NiteWalker']No PS3 version... :/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what's the deal with that, huh? Oh well, after tax and shipping it's not really much of a deal for me anyway.

Think I'll hold out for a sale this summer once I've gotten through this crazy flood of games we're currently experiencing.

Whats cool about dragon age and mass effect 2 for that matter is you can register the retail version with the ea download manager then use the digital version so it does not require the DVD in the drive. Hope this expansion is the same.

[quote name='z3razerviper']Whats cool about dragon age and mass effect 2 for that matter is you can register the retail version with the ea download manager then use the digital version so it does not require the DVD in the drive. Hope this expansion is the same.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I need to try that.

[quote name='hoi1ma']no listing on gamefly, so i assume it install dlc into hdd like oblivion goty's and fallout 3 goty's expansion disc.[/QUOTE]

Someone in the DA:O thread said you definitely need the disc to play.

For the retail version, you play the expansion off of the disc. However, the disc isn't locked in anyway, so you can play it on multiple consoles/accounts. I might see if I can't mooch this off of a friend or rent it from somewhere.

Hey guys, I got my 2 copies today. It took Dell one day to get it to me. And nobody has PM'd me yet so, I still have one to sell. $25+3 to ship or pick up in Louisville. Paypal. I'll put it on Craigs tomorrow if no one is interested.

Edit -- Sold. Thanks for PMs though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got mine and cracked it open. The manual says that if you're playing Awakenings off a disc, then the disc is required to be in the cd tray to play, but if you buy if off of Live (which I haven't heard of it being offered there), then you can download it to your HD and play it with DA:O in the tray.

[quote name='z3razerviper']Whats cool about dragon age and mass effect 2 for that matter is you can register the retail version with the ea download manager then use the digital version so it does not require the DVD in the drive. Hope this expansion is the same.[/QUOTE]

Any instructions on how to do that? I figured out how to register the sucker, but am at a loss on how to get the ddl for free?

If anyone snagged an extra PC copy, I'd be interested in acquiring it. Particularly if you're in the Seattle/Bellevue area so I can forgo shipping.

[quote name='watcher0']Any instructions on how to do that? I figured out how to register the sucker, but am at a loss on how to get the ddl for free?[/QUOTE]

Install the ea download manager. Login and you will see something that says activate. Enter your key select your language. Note I have heard confilcting info that says if you register first it does not work with some games. Please tell me if these are affected. Note I just got my copy of awakings for PC and it worked as well.

This will install adobe air and has an activation limit of 5 machines a day..Yes a day I think most of us should be fine. :)

Oh it also worked with my retail copy for RA3 but it does not seem to work with the steam version of ra3

Got it. Thanks. The trick for me was finding where to download the EA download manager. Had to google it to find it on their website, lol. Now I just have to wait an hour or so for the ~8GB download.

I should also mention that it won't download unless you uninstall the disc version, but that was easy to figure out.

Being able to do this, I can't imaging why anyone would want to buy the direct download version only, since you effectively get it with a physical copy.

I agree I get a disk to keep with only a disk check and a digital version best of both worlds. FYI When you install you run as admin or turn off uac if you dont the DLC service for dragon age does not seem to work correctly not I am on win 7 x64

Oh and by the way if you save the contents of the cache directory you can reinstall later without having to have the ea download manager installed. I keep my cache dir on a differt drive from my os so I can reformat and not have to redownload or even install the download manager.

I managed to get it installed without problems. Thanks for the tip on the cache. I've relocated it to a data partition.

I just started migrating from an XP PC to a Win7 rig, but all my data is going onto a RAID5 so I can be my normal lazy self about backups and be okay. I'll RAID1 my OS drive once it's satisfactorily setup as well. Hopefully, I never have to reformat.

bread's done
Back