Dell Promo Deals (now Wiki)

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Promo Deals Page:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=gaming-deals

Deals Currently Active (use promo link above to see all listings):

NOTE THAT YOU MAY HAVE TO MANUALLY SEARCH FOR SOME TITLES

$25 Gift Card with free shipping:

FIFA 17

NHL 17

Final Fantasy XV

Battlefield 1

Kingdom Hearts III

Forza Horizon 3

Dead Rising 4

Halo Wars 2

Madden NFL 17

Gears of War 4

Skylanders Imaginators

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Dishonored 2

Gran Turismo Sport

Days Gone

Death Stranding

Detroit: Become Human

God of War PS4

Prey

Spiderman PS4

Injustice 2

NBA 2k17 

Horizon Zero Dawn 

The Last Guardian

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

$15 Gift Card with free shipping:

F1 2016

PES 2017

Dragon Quest Builders

MGS V Definitive

Ride 2

Agents of Mayhem

Recore

Killer Instinct Definitive Edition

World of Warcraft Legion

XCOM 2

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls

Skyrim Special Edition

Batman: Return to Arkham

Gravity Rush 2

Nier Automata

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

Star Ocean

World of Final Fantasy (Vita)

World of Final Fantasy (PS4)

Hitman

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

$10 Gift Card with free shipping:

None currently

Gift Card Notes:  Please remember that eGift cards take about 20 days to be issued after the item ships and usually expire within about 90 days of issuance.  You should wait AT LEAST 20 days from the ship date before contacting Dell for missing cards.  Also, keep in mind that you may receive smaller gift cards (usually 5% of your order total) for the Dell Advantage Rewards program which is in addition to their advertised $15 or $25 gift cards.  Don't assume Dell is not giving you the full gift card amount simply because you receive a Dell Advantage Rewards gift card.  These are issued earlier than the promo gift cards.

Screenshots of website showing gift card amounts, etc. (provided in case you are having trouble receiving gift cards):

Yoshi's Wooly World

http://s16.postimg.o...l/yoshidell.jpg

Zelda Tri-force Heroes

http://s24.postimg.o.../zeldadell2.jpg

Dishonored: DE

http://imgur.com/Ygd6yus

WWE 2K16

http://i.imgur.com/Znzb410.png

CoD BO3

http://i.imgur.com/nyk3KLS.png

Fallout 4

http://i.imgur.com/KYPBKap.png

Shipping: Shipping is usually release date or the day after, but Dell can be hit or miss with shipping speed, so be warned if that is important to you.  DON'T trust release date delivery even if advertised.  Expect to receive most items within 1-3 days after release date.

DEAD DEALS:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had $75 in gc and I bought 3 games in 2 orders. I pmed every game, and 2 came with loose discs and one with the case/cover art cut/cracked. However the games I bought at full price to get the gc were pristine. did they flag the pmed games and told the ppl to handle them like crap?

I had $75 in gc and I bought 3 games in 2 orders. I pmed every game, and 2 came with loose discs and one with the case/cover art cut/cracked. However the games I bought at full price to get the gc were pristine. did they flag the pmed games and told the ppl to handle them like crap?
I doubt it, their shipping and handling is just crap in general. They don't even use bubble or cushion mailers since last I ordered a game from them (Black Ops 3). I price matched a Wii U during the holiday period and the packing box was a little dinged but the Wii U box inside was fine. Also got a $50 kinect on an error, and that came in great condition as well. Just bad luck on your end. When my MGS 5 came with the case cracked with bits falling off, I contacted them and they sent me a replacement. So if it's pretty bad, you can do that.

just did birthright had a 15 buck from pokemon mystery. got it for 28. was thinking conquest but heard conquest is very hard with no free missions.

Anybody have a good customer support number or an easier way to contact someone about a gift card problem.  I've been calling for the past few days, and I never reach anyone - the the prompt asking what I need help with will either endlessly loop (eventhough I slowly and clearly speak what I want); and when I do get through, after waiting on hold nearly 30 minutes, the call with either go to the wrong department, starting the whole thing over again, or the call will just go to empty static ending the call.  Call back option never works.  And chat is just a waste because they say they can't solve the problem.  This company has the worst customer support ever.. 

Anybody have a good customer support number or an easier way to contact someone about a gift card problem. I've been calling for the past few days, and I never reach anyone - the the prompt asking what I need help with will either endlessly loop (eventhough I slowly and clearly speak what I want); and when I do get through, after waiting on hold nearly 30 minutes, the call with either go to the wrong department, starting the whole thing over again, or the call will just go to empty static ending the call. Call back option never works. And chat is just a waste because they say they can't solve the problem. This company has the worst customer support ever..
Or at the very least, Gamestop CS has competition.

Anybody have a good customer support number or an easier way to contact someone about a gift card problem. I've been calling for the past few days, and I never reach anyone - the the prompt asking what I need help with will either endlessly loop (eventhough I slowly and clearly speak what I want); and when I do get through, after waiting on hold nearly 30 minutes, the call with either go to the wrong department, starting the whole thing over again, or the call will just go to empty static ending the call. Call back option never works. And chat is just a waste because they say they can't solve the problem. This company has the worst customer support ever..
Customer service can definitely be very hit or miss with Dell. I suggest emailing if your issue is not urgent. I have always gotten a response within a day or two and you'll get someone who is assigned to your issue. It may or may not work out, but it might be a less hassle approach.

If you're still trying to call, try this number: 877-819-3355

Quoting myself, because this is beyond annoying. Called again, waited off and on for nearly an hour to speak with someone. Finally got a hold of a "supervisor" who tells me the same thing I've been told every time (we'll resolve your problem and get back to you) and when I tell him I've been told that at least 4 times before and nothing ever gets resolved, the guy hung up on me. I know people tell stories like this but they leave out they were swearing or screaming, but I wasn't at all. I was annoyed, but my voice level was normal; I literally pretty much just said "I've been dealing with the same problem since November, and I keep getting told the same thing" and the phone just went click. Nothing personal, no attacks, just venting my frustration. How can a company this big suck so much.

Or at the very least, Gamestop CS has competition.
GameStop CS is awful.

They responded to my Dec support email in Feb (~60 days later).

What is worse is they copied and pasted a generic response and assumed the problem was already solved
(since they were so late in replying!).

Customer service can definitely be very hit or miss with Dell. I suggest emailing if your issue is not urgent. I have always gotten a response within a day or two and you'll get someone who is assigned to your issue. It may or may not work out, but it might be a less hassle approach.

If you're still trying to call, try this number: 877-819-3355
Yep, email is the way to go for any Dell problems on games then just wait a couple days. The phone number goes to their India support center (their "cheap PC" center, not the good one in Texas for the expensive PCs) where people just read scripts and have no idea how to fix anything that isn't just a normal return.

The only time I got good phone support was when I transferred myself to some department that had nothing to do with what I needed to be done. I just mentioned my problem and got transferred to someone who was in America..... I never was able to do this again

The only time I got good phone support was when I transferred myself to some department that had nothing to do with what I needed to be done. I just mentioned my problem and got transferred to someone who was in America..... I never was able to do this again
You always get significantly better support from their American call center. That's where they have their support for their higher end PCs. Years ago Dell used to advertise about their "Award winning customer support", then they went public. Wall St. demanded they cut corners, so they off-shored their support center and their support (one of their biggest selling points) went through the floor. They have since moved back their support for their higher end PCs back onshore, and if you can get that call center, you will get trained people that know what they are talking about. For most sales/order phone/chat support as well as support for package PCs you buy at places like Best Buy you get their center in India, where they have little to no training, often don't speak English well and most stick to prepared scripts. When you send in for email support, it gives them the opportunity to figure out what you are saying and/or forward someone that does understand.

Dell has since gone back to being privately owned.

Screw Mafia III, now I know exactly what I'm doing with my ~$30 in GCs. :D

...When my $15 GC for preordering LEGO Avengers gets here, that is. :headache:
I'm waiting on those gc's too. Hopefully they come soon. I was also thinking about picking up that 32 inch tv for my son, it comes with $100 gift card for 229 and I can see myself keeping this gift card train rolling if that happens

Dell is a disgrace to retail.

If a game has a DLC/bonus code with it, stay away from Dell. I preordered MKX through this promotion and they never gave me Goro DLC...said they didn't honor those things. The DLC costs $5 and makes it a complete game...it's not some weapon skin. It also literally took over a week for it to get here, and another couple weeks to get my credit.

Honestly, what are you going to spend that gift card on anyway? They only carry brand new items and they're all over priced...Amazon at full price is usually cheaper than Dell item minus gift card, making this "deal" completely moot.

If a game has a DLC/bonus code with it, stay away from Dell. I preordered MKX through this promotion and they never gave me Goro DLC...said they didn't honor those things. The DLC costs $5 and makes it a complete game...it's not some weapon skin. It also literally took over a week for it to get here.

Honestly, what are you going to spend that gift card on anyway? They only carry brand new items and they're all over priced...Amazon at full price is usually cheaper than Dell item minus gift card, making this "deal" completely moot.
Dell will price match. The real deals are when Dell offers gift cards on existing games (not pre-orders) and then you combine that with a price match. And, of course, plenty of people have done pretty well with glitches and mistakes. That being said, I wouldn't fool with Dell if it wasn't for other stuff I buy that also comes with gift cards such as monitors, hard drives, etc. They really are a hassle and people should know going in that you have to be willing to put up with a certain amount of that hassle (or at least patience) to get something out of it. If you're casually interested and don't want to work at it, just stick with Amazon or Best Buy.

If a game has a DLC/bonus code with it, stay away from Dell. I preordered MKX through this promotion and they never gave me Goro DLC...said they didn't honor those things. The DLC costs $5 and makes it a complete game...it's not some weapon skin. It also literally took over a week for it to get here.

It's a great deal if you can stack a couple of new games together. $25 gift card is hard to beat... and that is without having to join some club or pro membership. Though, their dwindling selection makes applying it to an older game harder than it has been. I haven't run into an issue spending the gift card yet. I've been worried about their dwindling selection, but when it comes down to it there are still always options for me to spend my card on (for instance, my existing $25 I'm going to use towards Fire Emblem Fates, which comes with $15 I can use towards Uncharted). Hopefully that Uncharted $25 will be good for another game this year as well. If you can stack it on multiple "day 1" pre-orders it ends up being a great deal. Arguably the best deal, if you are just looking at select games like I do (and not buying every single new game, in which case GCU would be more useful).

It's good that they are bringing back more $25 promos. I'll probably be pre-ordering Uncharted 4 with them now, because of that.

Dell will price match. The real deals are when Dell offers gift cards on existing games (not pre-orders) and then you combine that with a price match. And, of course, plenty of people have done pretty well with glitches and mistakes. That being said, I wouldn't fool with Dell if it wasn't for other stuff I buy that also comes with gift cards such as monitors, hard drives, etc. They really are a hassle and people should know going in that you have to be willing to put up with a certain amount of that hassle (or at least patience) to get something out of it. If you're casually interested and don't want to work at it, just stick with Amazon or Best Buy.
I guess i've been lucky in that they have delivered the card for me every time - I just know it's going to take "at least" 20 days to arrive typically. The one time my card seemed late, and I inquired a couple of days after the 20 days passed. It apparantly glitched and they somehow send me 3x $25 cards. So for pre-ordering a $59.99 game, I ended up getting $75 back. That obviously bought a great deal of goodwill with me LOL.

I guess i've been lucky in that they have delivered the card for me every time - I just know it's going to take "at least" 20 days to arrive typically. The one time my card seemed late, and I inquired a couple of days after the 20 days passed. It apparantly glitched and they somehow send me 3x $25 cards. So for pre-ordering a $59.99 game, I ended up getting $75 back. That obviously bought a great deal of goodwill with me LOL.
I think there are a lot of people who have decent to good experiences with Dell. It's always a vocal minority that will complain on anything. I'm sure Dell has a higher than average complaint rate, though.

I've had similarly good experiences of getting extra gift cards. My only bad experience was a checkout I did using chat since I wanted to use multiple gift cards and a price match. The rep told me I would get an email confirmation of the order after the chat was over which I never got. I never bothered following up on it until a few days later and at that point my gift cards had expired (I waited until the last minute to use them). It turns out that rep apparently never put the order through and no one could find it. The gift card amounts were about $25 worth so I decided I didn't want to pursue it beyond a couple of emails and a phone call which got me nowhere. I knew try to go further would be a huge hassle. The moral of the story is to not get off chat until you have the order confirmation.

What's the best way to contact Dell by email?  I have tried going through the "Contact Order Support" pages on their website, but every time I attempt to put in my Order Number and send them a message, it refuses to go through.  I lost an order that had a $25 Dell GC attached and I want to get that back so I can put it toward something else.  Thank you for any help that anybody can offer.

I think dell offers the best deal for fire emblem and Bayonetta, just depends on how you look at it. $15 gift card isn't a bad deal for a $30 game and since their offering more deals coming up like star fox and uncharted, I might be back into buying from dell. Too bad they revamped their checkout system, I feel like they assign people to our orders now and since then I've had less glitches, those glitches were very good

Go to customer service and click Items missing, wrong item or damaged and send a message, it's always worked for me.  One time I emailed and to different reps sent $25 eGift cards so I got two.  I have always got my eGift cards it just takes a while.  I will be ordering both fire emblem games and possibly bayonetta 2.

I think dell offers the best deal for fire emblem and Bayonetta, just depends on how you look at it. $15 gift card isn't a bad deal for a $30 game and since their offering more deals coming up like star fox and uncharted, I might be back into buying from dell. Too bad they revamped their checkout system, I feel like they assign people to our orders now and since then I've had less glitches, those glitches were very good
where do you see fire emblem for 30 its 40

Shit, Dell sucks. All I'm trying to do is find Uncharted 4 on the mobile site and it doesn't work. I even emailed myself a link and opened it on my phone and it still doesn't even work.

How can a company that specializes in technology be so completely clueless to the point that a customer can't even buy something?

Just to make sure, if my last $25 promo code expires on Feb 21, I can use it today on a preorder that doesn't come out until after Feb 21st, right?

I mean, it'll obviously let me do it, I just want to make sure that when they go to process the order in March, they won't see an expired promo code, and cancel the order.

Just to make sure, if my last $25 promo code expires on Feb 21, I can use it today on a preorder that doesn't come out until after Feb 21st, right?

I mean, it'll obviously let me do it, I just want to make sure that when they go to process the order in March, they won't see an expired promo code, and cancel the order.
Yes, it will be fine (at least it's been fine for me in the past). The gift card is charged immediately. In fact, one strategy to extend gift card expiration dates is to use one them on a pre-order that's beyond the GC expiration date, cancel the pre-order after the GC expires and then get a refunded GC which will have an extended expiration date. I don't recommend this, though, since Dell's customer service can be very hit or miss and you're playing with fire by doing this intentionally.

Thanks for the game, Dell. I guess it's only fitting that both the first and last games I've received from you were destroyed. Yoshi's Woolly World only had a smashed case, but this one, I mean, the disc wasn't even in the case.

[attachment=20509:CbcyhrKWIAAjfNR.jpg]

Thanks for the game, Dell. I guess it's only fitting that both the first and last games I've received from you were destroyed. I mean, the disc wasn't even in the case.

attachicon.gif
CbcyhrKWIAAjfNR.jpg
Dell certainly deserves some blame, but I don't know how a delivery service would handle small padded envelopes so callously. I got a game via FedEx that was bent almost in half. I didn't have any issues getting it replaced, but it's definitely annoying. Especially when they're probably spending quite a lot more than regular postal mail to ship it. I've gotten tons of games from Gamefly, Best Buy, etc. and usually never have issues with regular postal mail.

Is anyone able to find Uncharted 4 on the mobile site?

I've tried every trick I can think of to find it and add it to my cart, so I can use multiple gift cards on the mobile site, but no luck.

Is anyone able to find Uncharted 4 on the mobile site?

I've tried every trick I can think of to find it and add it to my cart, so I can use multiple gift cards on the mobile site, but no luck.
You have to go through chat, it's been painless for me lately except you have to make sure you mention your dell advantage membership. Also for some reason every rep tries to get me on the phone lately... Weird

Does anyone else have this issue when trying to use Dell's chat support sometimes? You click chat with support, select what you want to chat about, select customer support chat then sales or whatever, then it just opens a new window or tab and just makes you start over selecting everything again. It does this forever. Any way to fix this?

Does anyone else have this issue when trying to use Dell's chat support sometimes? You click chat with support, select what you want to chat about, select customer support chat then sales or whatever, then it just opens a new window or tab and just makes you start over selecting everything again. It does this forever. Any way to fix this?
Yes. Stop shopping there. That will fix a lot of problems. :)

Actually. I've had that randomly happen to me and then it went away later without me doing anything different (at least that I know of).

In typical odd Dell fashion, the standard versions of The Division have been removed from the promo gift card list and I'm not sure you can even find those on the site anywhere.  The Gold versions are still available.  I hope this isn't a problem or indication of availability when the game releases.

bread's done
Back