Dell Promo Deals (now Wiki)

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Promo Deals Page:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=gaming-deals

Deals Currently Active (use promo link above to see all listings):

NOTE THAT YOU MAY HAVE TO MANUALLY SEARCH FOR SOME TITLES

$25 Gift Card with free shipping:

FIFA 17

NHL 17

Final Fantasy XV

Battlefield 1

Kingdom Hearts III

Forza Horizon 3

Dead Rising 4

Halo Wars 2

Madden NFL 17

Gears of War 4

Skylanders Imaginators

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Dishonored 2

Gran Turismo Sport

Days Gone

Death Stranding

Detroit: Become Human

God of War PS4

Prey

Spiderman PS4

Injustice 2

NBA 2k17 

Horizon Zero Dawn 

The Last Guardian

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

$15 Gift Card with free shipping:

F1 2016

PES 2017

Dragon Quest Builders

MGS V Definitive

Ride 2

Agents of Mayhem

Recore

Killer Instinct Definitive Edition

World of Warcraft Legion

XCOM 2

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls

Skyrim Special Edition

Batman: Return to Arkham

Gravity Rush 2

Nier Automata

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

Star Ocean

World of Final Fantasy (Vita)

World of Final Fantasy (PS4)

Hitman

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

$10 Gift Card with free shipping:

None currently

Gift Card Notes:  Please remember that eGift cards take about 20 days to be issued after the item ships and usually expire within about 90 days of issuance.  You should wait AT LEAST 20 days from the ship date before contacting Dell for missing cards.  Also, keep in mind that you may receive smaller gift cards (usually 5% of your order total) for the Dell Advantage Rewards program which is in addition to their advertised $15 or $25 gift cards.  Don't assume Dell is not giving you the full gift card amount simply because you receive a Dell Advantage Rewards gift card.  These are issued earlier than the promo gift cards.

Screenshots of website showing gift card amounts, etc. (provided in case you are having trouble receiving gift cards):

Yoshi's Wooly World

http://s16.postimg.o...l/yoshidell.jpg

Zelda Tri-force Heroes

http://s24.postimg.o.../zeldadell2.jpg

Dishonored: DE

http://imgur.com/Ygd6yus

WWE 2K16

http://i.imgur.com/Znzb410.png

CoD BO3

http://i.imgur.com/nyk3KLS.png

Fallout 4

http://i.imgur.com/KYPBKap.png

Shipping: Shipping is usually release date or the day after, but Dell can be hit or miss with shipping speed, so be warned if that is important to you.  DON'T trust release date delivery even if advertised.  Expect to receive most items within 1-3 days after release date.

DEAD DEALS:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got off the Dell train with my last GC.  Way too much hassle (having to chat literally every time) just for saving just a couple bucks over GCU.

Yeah, it is a hassle at times, but with a little perseverance you can often come out better than even Gamer's Club on new releases (as long as you don't care about pre-order in-game bonuses since they never have them).  I just got my $15 for SF5 via email after getting an email response they were looking into it a bit after I submitted an email query.  They will fix things, email is definitely the way to go - and many times they end up sending you duplicate credits.  I would think they would have a better, more reliable process for this since they are basically giving out money and have a lot of bonus games listed, but if you are patient it works out.

Oh and sometimes you have to put up with getting replacements for damaged games, because they NEVER use boxes or even padded envelopes from my experience.

Several promo titles have been removed, which is kind of odd since some of them weren't scheduled to come out for quite awhile, so they may come back later.  There is also a $25 GC promo for existing games that has been added as of this morning for:

The Division

BLOPS 3

FC: Primal

SFV

XCOM2

MKXL

You may consider price matching the above titles to another store and then see if you also get the GC.  Do this at your own risk.  I have done this successfully multiple times, however, they will likely not honor the price match if the mention the GC to them when doing it.  All of this is YMMV.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=dpl&~topic=gaming-deals

EDIT: Fixed FC3 to FC: Primal

Has anyone here cancelled an order that they used one of those promo codes on? I'm really considering cancelling my Quantum Break order to get the digital copy (for the free PC copy) but I don't wanna lose my $25 code.

Has anyone here cancelled an order that they used one of those promo codes on? I'm really considering cancelling my Quantum Break order to get the digital copy (for the free PC copy) but I don't wanna lose my $25 code.
I'm curious about this as well. I was going to do the same, but the gift cards I used expired like a week after I used them. So I figured if they did let me use them again after cancelling the order, they probably wouldn't let me use them because they've expired. It all probably just depends on what Rep you chat with.

If you cancel a pre-order that used a now expired gift card, your gift card expiration date gets reset (at least in my experience).  I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I think I got a new 90 days from the order cancellation date to reuse my gift card when I canceled mine.  I re-used my immediately to avoid potential problems, though.  I was pretty concerned about it but I made sure to chat online and get something in writing before canceling my order and it seemed to work fine.  Note that I think I recall customer service wasn't sure whether I would get a new GC or if the date would be extended when I initially asked them.

Looks like Dell has wised up to the price matching plus gift card loophole that was their best "feature."  I was just turned down for a BLOPS3 price match to Amazon specifically because they are offering it as part of their $25 GC promo right now.

So I was bored and decided on a whim to add Quantum Break to my cart and it is still showing the $25 GC.  It looks like several removed titles are probably still active since I checked Battleborn, Lego Star Wars and a few others that all still show GC's in cart.

Still bored, I decided to search for the new PS4 Rachet and Clank.  To my surprise, it showed up in a search and adding it to my cart showed a $15 GC (it is a $39.99 title).

Upon seeing this, I searched for No Man's Sky which also showed up and shows a $25 GC in my cart.

Oddly enough, Rachet and No Man's Sky do not show up in the standard PS4 games listings as far as I can tell.  I assume someone just hasn't finished entering data into the site.  I'm curious what other games might be available.

It's worth noting that Tales from the Borderlands has been added to the $15 GC section and is a $30 game or even a $20 game if you get the PC version.  $5 net on PC doesn't seem too bad.

So no one else has received gift cards from Bayonetta 2 or Fire Emblem yet? I usually just wait out the gift cards and generally receive them with patience, but that's quite a bit of time there.

I had to email customer support to get my Fire Emblem gift card as well.  That was the first time I haven't received one.

I've placed around 10 orders or so this year where I haven't received gift cards, I expect my next dozen to be the same. Star wars was the last game where my gift cards came after like 5 days

Dell is flaky on the distribution of these gift cards on preorders. I was on this roller coaster since Mario Kart 8 and I'm glad I got off. I rather pay a bit more at BestBuy and not have to call Dell for every missed gift card.

My experience has been good overall and I generally don't have to contact Dell.  I still find it a hassle to have to worry about expiration dates, etc.  The biggest plus Dell had going for it was that they would run promos for existing games and offer GC's in which you could price match and still get the GC (which was certainly dumb on their part).  Now Dell seems to have wised up, so there's not as much incentive left to use Dell if you can use Amazon Prime's discount or Best Buy GCU instead.  Some people might still get lucky with extra GC's when the contact Dell for missing ones, but they seem to have even corrected that issue lately, too.

Overall, Dell isn't horrible, but I don't blame anyone for avoiding the hassle and paying a little more.

My experience has been good overall and I generally don't have to contact Dell. I still find it a hassle to have to worry about expiration dates, etc. The biggest plus Dell had going for it was that they would run promos for existing games and offer GC's in which you could price match and still get the GC (which was certainly dumb on their part). Now Dell seems to have wised up, so there's not as much incentive left to use Dell if you can use Amazon Prime's discount or Best Buy GCU instead. Some people might still get lucky with extra GC's when the contact Dell for missing ones, but they seem to have even corrected that issue lately, too.

Overall, Dell isn't horrible, but I don't blame anyone for avoiding the hassle and paying a little more.
No dell isn't horrible at all. And I've been lucky enough to get more than one GC on multiple occasions. I luck out the most on pre orders though.

FINALLY received my 4 gift cards for the 3 games and TV that I ordered since Jan-March.

I did have to email them but thankfully they delivered quickly.

If you pre-ordered a game with the dell gift card, should the gift card still show a full balance?
I've never paid attention to gift cards, but if i remember right, Dell usually doesn't charge until you until the item ships. Maybe it is the same when you pay with a gift card too.

Also, i don't think you see a change in your online balance until you try to purchase something else then it will show your balance.

When you pre-order a game using a gift card, the gift card balance is charged immediately and your gift card balance should show the amount subtracted.  If it doesn't something is wrong which may or may not be in your favor. 

You should be very careful about this if you have a gift card expiring as I placed an order through chat the rep screwed it up and lost the order.  I was lazy and didn't follow up until after the GC expiration date and only then realized that my GC funds were never charged and I lost the balance.  I gave up after a few tries of trying to explain what happened to multiple people who needed an order number which I foolishly never got from the rep when I placed the order.

I believe credit cards do not get charged until the item is shipped, but not certain about this.

Sometimes it takes 1-2 days for the order to actually process and GC balance to be applied to the order

When I preordered The Division (used $25 GC + CC) I got my "order received" email, but my GC balance was still there -- the following day I got my "order confirmed" email and GC balance was used up

Seems like my order was pre-submitted and then the following day someone at Dell manually processed/approved it

This is stated in their email confirmation. * Note: If you paid by Credit/Debit, funds are deducted from your credit limit/bank balance. You will be charged once your order ships.

I generally purchase Dell games on my desktop. I'm trying now to buy Uncharted 4 on Mobile so i can use multiple gift cards. However, when i add it to cart I don't see the offer of the gift carded added like i usually do. Even though I can see it on the product info. Anyone had a similar experience? Do you just order and then contact customer service if the gift card doesn't come?

I generally purchase Dell games on my desktop. I'm trying now to buy Uncharted 4 on Mobile so i can use multiple gift cards. However, when i add it to cart I don't see the offer of the gift carded added like i usually do. Even though I can see it on the product info. Anyone had a similar experience? Do you just order and then contact customer service if the gift card doesn't come?
Yes but take a screen shot showing the game with the offer just in case you need it. Also make sure to change the shipping to Next Business Day for your pre orders.

Dell called me today to consent on the UC4 delay otherwise order would auto cancel.
I just had to as well, what a hassle. I would cancel if not for the fact i'm on the Dell Merry Go Round.

Edited to add the Dell order delay CSR number to make it easier for you guys. Do not call the regular Dell CSR numbers or you will be in for one helluva drag.

1(877)868-3355

Guys, just order a few days before the confirmed release date. Then you don't have to worry if a game's getting delayed or not.

Guys, just order a few days before the confirmed release date. Then you don't have to worry if a game's getting delayed or not.
In some instances such as mine I had to use an expiring promo gift card and place a pre-order. I will update you guys if anyone is in a situation such as mine. Meaning if you use a promo gift card that expires before the game come out if it will still be valid or not. Im taking a gamble but the merry go round must go on. :D

The Vita version of AC: Chronicles that I preordered arrived today. It wasn't release-day delivery, but it did get here sooner than I expected. Hopefully I'll actually get the $15 e-GC this time.

The Vita version of AC: Chronicles that I preordered arrived today. It wasn't release-day delivery, but it did get here sooner than I expected. Hopefully I'll actually get the $15 e-GC this time.
Cool, received mine yesterday. Not a bad deal considering if we get a hassle free e-GC.

In some instances such as mine I had to use an expiring promo gift card and place a pre-order. I will update you guys if anyone is in a situation such as mine. Meaning if you use a promo gift card that expires before the game come out if it will still be valid or not. Im taking a gamble but the merry go round must go on. :D
You will be fine. From experience

Well, I received my Quantum Break today. And it was damaged of course. Thankfully this will be my last video game purchase from Dell. My last $25 gift card will be going towards a Xbox Live gift card. So good riddance Dell, thanks for all the cheap/broken video games  :wave:

Cool, received mine yesterday. Not a bad deal considering if we get a hassle free e-GC.
It tends to work out better when it is a hassle. Email them and they fix it in a couple days - and more often than not they fix it twice and you get two of them.

And what's all this about UC4 requiring a call to confirm the delay or it gets cancelled? I ordered a little while back, it still says 4/29 delivery and doesn't look like there are any problems and they never contacted me. Is this some special case?

It tends to work out better when it is a hassle. Email them and they fix it in a couple days - and more often than not they fix it twice and you get two of them.

And what's all this about UC4 requiring a call to confirm the delay or it gets cancelled? I ordered a little while back, it still says 4/29 delivery and doesn't look like there are any problems and they never contacted me. Is this some special case?

That is a glass half full cagbro, I like it.

My estimated delivery date was 4/12. Special case alright. :D

Yeah, I never used a gift card that was about to expire before the release date. Just don't wanna get into any problems. I'd just use it on another game with a gift card deal closer to release.

Yeah, I never used a gift card that was about to expire before the release date. Just don't wanna get into any problems. I'd just use it on another game with a gift card deal closer to release.
I and several others will tell you it's fine to use a gift card for pre-orders even if the GC expires soon and pre-order is far out. The GC gets charged almost immediately. You can verify it right after the order by checking the balance to alleviate your concerns. I really wish Dell would put some fall releases up for the promo since I have GC's expiring and don't want to roll them into things like Battleborn. Gears 4 would be ideal for me.

i used two expiring gc(both expired before the release date) on quantum break. i got my game yesterday and they didnt charge tax on my order :/?

bread's done
Back