Dell - Sony 1 GB Stick

andrew333

CAGiversary!
i just got the notice of further delay until at least 6/15 and Dell has requested that I confirm that I still want it?

The question: Presuming that I am willing to wait, do I still want it (from a good deal perspective)?

I gave up on waiting for dell, I ordered 2 months ago, they obviously cant meet the demand on a timely basis so they don't get my money.

If you have a frys near you go there I went there and they had 20 1GB PSP Sticks for only $120 I got one they're SanDisk FYI. Even the BestBuy here got some in. This is in GA btw.

i am in no rush and paid (or i should say i will pay) $103 shipped so i am inclined to keep the order live and just cancel later if the opportunity arises for a better deal

yeah but how long are you willing to let them string you along? How is it that they cant collect enough of them in 2 months of shipments to get one out to us? As much as I'd like to have the card I just feel like they're going to keep promising it untill you forget about it and one day 4 or 5 months from now you'll find a $103 charge on your credit card.

It's not just Dell, any place that had them for a reasonable price sold out quickly. I looked at several sites today that had the 1GB cards listed, but out of stock. Blame either the popularity of the PSP or eBay. Or both.

Of course, if you are willing to pay an arm and a leg, it's easy to find one. The three guys at GameStop were enthusiastic about trying to sell me a 1GB card ("we just got them in stock today!") for $180. I don't think they understood the look of shock on my face...

i am still in game acquisition mode, i haven't even bothered to figure out the whole browser thing yet so i can wait at least another month, truthfully i am not even sure what i would do with the memory stick if i had it now

LOL Dell just called me to beg me not to cancel my order. They say they'll have another shipment by next week so I gave them a little longer but if they dont deliver this time I'm canceling my order and telling them to stick it.

I could've swore I saw a Sandisk 1GB Duo for $120 at CompUSA today....I passed on it...for now, waiting for a rebate or some other deal

Amazon has it for $117 shipped...IN-STOCK

They also have the Sony brand for $99, but backordered until Aug.1st

[quote name='doubledown']I could've swore I saw a Sandisk 1GB Duo for $120 at CompUSA today....I passed on it...for now, waiting for a rebate or some other deal

Amazon has it for $117 shipped...IN-STOCK

They also have the Sony brand for $99, but backordered until Aug.1st[/QUOTE]

Thanks Doubledown, had amazon adjust my order.

Well, despite the fact that SanDisk codeveloped the format,... I am such a first party nut, that I'd wait forever on a Sony brand,.. assuming that's what Dell was offering.

I have NEVER had a problem with first party accessories, except for my actual PS2. :)

I've heard of auto formatting SanDisk stuff, as well, so I'm inclined to go with Sony.
Good luck with your order.
:)

Questions:

* How much was it at Dell?

* What's the difference between Stick, Stick Pro, Stick Duo, Stick Pro Duo? I don't have a PSP, but we just bought a digital camera that uses the stick. It came with a 32MB one, which is not enough; we're looking at either 512MB or 1GB, but before I drop ~100 bucks on one, I would like to know the difference [it wasn't too long ago that I was happy about getting a 32MB CompactFlash for 60....]

Wow, the cheapest shipping option at OnSale is $8.xx for UPS ground shipping. If you order more than one the shipping stays pretty much the same though.

dtcarson:
The Dell Sandisk 512 was $45 I think, I ordered a few of them but they're still backordered. If anyone wants one I could sell at cost to people interested when they finally ship, just PM me.
If you got a new sony digicam I believe it should be compatible with all types of sony sticks, just if you get the duo stick you'll need an adaptor to make it fit into the camera.

Yeah, it's a Cybershot. The instructions say Pro or Duo or ProDuo, and do mention the adaptor, I just don't know what the difference is between those types, if there is any.
I'll shop around, and will keep your offer in mind :) we were thinking about going 1GB, but perhaps 512MB will be enough.

[quote name='dtcarson']Questions:

* What's the difference between Stick, Stick Pro, Stick Duo, Stick Pro Duo? I don't have a PSP, but we just bought a digital camera that uses the stick. It came with a 32MB one, which is not enough; we're looking at either 512MB or 1GB, but before I drop ~100 bucks on one, I would like to know the difference [it wasn't too long ago that I was happy about getting a 32MB CompactFlash for 60....][/QUOTE]

http://www.memorystick.com/en/support/faq_en_us.html

http://www.memorystick.com/en/ms/variety.html

[quote name='-47-!']If you have a frys near you go there I went there and they had 20 1GB PSP Sticks for only $120 I got one they're SanDisk FYI. Even the BestBuy here got some in. This is in GA btw.[/QUOTE]

$120 is a rip-off considering you can get it for $100 or less now.

bread's done
Back