Dell: Xbox 360 RE5 Elite Bundle $325.59 with 20% off coupon code!

lakingsx213

CAG Veteran
I've been waiting to see if Dell would be getting this bundle in stock in time to use the 20% off coupon. Well wouldn't you know, I've been checking pretty much every day and today I finally ran into the deal! :)

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A2467346

Coupon Code: Z0WPL1J0CC3W47 (Exp. soon at least until the next one)

The bundle comes out to $325.59 plus tax in most states (free shipping)

I picked one up this morning...waiting finally paid off on this baby!

I got it for about $350 here in California. Now that's a deal on a 360 :p

What a steal! Red is not my preferred color for a gaming console. I'm waiting on Dell to restock their Arcades. :)

Oh man, that's a really good deal. I already have both unfortunately. And I did pay way more than the OP's price. Thanks though.

I know this is probably explained somewhere, but if someone could please answer-- are these Jaspers? are all systems Jaspers now (arcade, pro, and elite)?

I may order one as a replacement.

I would be all over this if I felt it was a real RE X360 but its just red. Sure its limited edition but that doesn't make it resident evil. That and I have RE for PS3.

Yep, these are Jaspers.

And no, not all systems are Jaspers. Most Elites aren't, since they sell so slowly, actually... besides these I don't think any Elites have been confirmed to be Jaspers. Most (but not all) Arcades are, some (but not all) Pros are, and only the Red Elites are.

I have a stupid question. Does the coupon code work only for the RE5 Xbox 360? Or can I use that code for anything on the website?

[quote name='Ritched']I have a stupid question. Does the coupon code work only for the RE5 Xbox 360? Or can I use that code for anything on the website?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Dell']Save 20% on select software purchases. Excludes all Nintendo, Only one coupon may be applied per cart at checkout. Expires Wednesday, April 29, 2009[/quote]
Consoles, video games and accessories are in the "software" section, I guess. Though tax and shipping pretty much kills it using it on anything under $129, so it's best on consoles.

This seems to be a pretty solid deal - does anyone have reason to believe that there'll be a better deal anytime soon for a 360?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I kind of want this even though I have no reason to own it. Does a complete copy of Resident Evil come with it? (Box and manual, same as retail)[/quote]

It's the same thing, except it has a NOT FOR RESALE label, instead of a barcode.

From reading the return policy on the website, it looks like if you happen to receive a defective RE5 elite system, you would have to pay for return shipping (still a good deal unless you received multiple defective systems)

Nice deal.

Of course, I don’t have the money at the moment for it. Perhaps if they still have these in stock in a week, I’ll bite on the deal.

Didn't a lot of people have problems with the RE disc included with the system though? I wonder how they'd handle it if I ran into a problem like that? Would I be able to just send back the game for an exchange? Or would I have to ship the whole system back?

Yeah, a lot of people had issues with their copies of RE5. That is the only thing that would worry me about this deal. I don't know if Dell's customer service has improved, but I use to repair my own computers and help people out with theirs a lot, and whenever I had to deal with Dell's CSRs, I just wanted to kill myself.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, a lot of people had issues with their copies of RE5. That is the only thing that would worry me about this deal. I don't know if Dell's customer service has improved, but I use to repair my own computers and help people out with theirs a lot, and whenever I had to deal with Dell's CSRs, I just wanted to kill myself.[/quote]

If it's just the disc, there's the disc replacement service that microsoft does. That's still around, right?

[quote name='lil_guiltyspark']does the Pro come with a wireless controller here?[/quote]

They all come with wireless controllers now.

[quote name='Anexanhume']If it's just the disc, there's the disc replacement service that microsoft does. That's still around, right?[/quote]

You have to pay for that service. Also, it only applies to games that MS publishes.

Why is the starting price on this bundle $406.99? Yeah I know that with the coupon it's well below MSRP, and I'd rather have the coupon even if the starting price is above MSRP than not to have the coupon and have it selling for MSRP. But aren't stores supposed sell these systems for what the makers mark them at? I know that you can theoretically set an asking price at whatever amount you want for something that you’re selling, but don’t MS/Sony/Nintendo traditionally frown on this sort of thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my brand new Elite with Kung Fu Panda/Lego Indiana Jones for $277 shipped with eBay's 30% cashback, and I still think this is a great deal considering RE5, Super Turbo Remix, and a red console. :)

bought one to hopefully sell for 350 and keep re5, would be nice to get a free copy of them game, can't be more of a cag than that.

here is what the coupon description said in the receipt

-- Save 20% on select software purchases. Excludes all Nintendo

so hope that answers peoples questions of Wii's

bread's done
Back