Demon Souls delux order now on Target.com!

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Looks like a second print is coming.[/QUOTE]
Atlus has already said we're definitely not getting a second print. My guess (read:wish) is that Amazon/Target found a case of backstock.

It says nothing about Artbook and Soundtrack...how do we know we will get that. I care more about the Soundtrack than the Guide.

The artbook and soundtrack were a preorder bonus ... so those will actually be hard to track down, granted most LE's came with them but I've seen some that did not. So there's no guarantee you'll actually get the soundtrack and book (more like pamphlet). Your best bet might be the ebay the artbook /soundtrack. It was going for around $8 to $10 but it may no be the case now, not sure.

I know they're all pretty much the same but the limited editions are the only edition of games that should actually be limited. Ultimate/deluxe/collector's/etc. should just be available to whomever.

How the heck is this a deal? eBay for those "limited" bonuses already.

Nothing is ever limited, especially if Atlus is behind it.

Just an FYI to you all looking for a deluxe edition - I have two of them coming in (not sure exactly when they'll get here) that I am willing to sell for a little less than what they are going for on ebay / amazon... :)

i dont think these are valuable, but the guide that comes with it is rather convenient as it can help you with getting through the game and save some time on the computer looking at FAQs

The Target site only describes the game itself & makes no mention of anything coming with it...like the OSG, OST, art book, etc. So, is this game only?

[quote name='TURBO']are these supposed to be valuable or something?

i saw some at best buy the other day.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zhangzheng']i dont think these are valuable, but the guide that comes with it is rather convenient as it can help you with getting through the game and save some time on the computer looking at FAQs[/QUOTE]

Average price on Ebay is around $95. Atlus has claimed that they will not reprint the guide, or the deluxe version ever again. Since the game is very hard, the guide is very useful.

I wish they would just reprint the guide. They could make some arbitrary change to one of the graphics to satisfy all the people that want something rare while still allowing people to gain utility from the information.

Yeah I don't think the guide should be exclusive to the Deluxe Edition. They should have just stuck with exclusive art and the soundtrack disc or something for the Deluxe.

But Atlus IS reprinting the guide- for the replacement program. They might do a stealth print run and put out more deluxe editions as a result. Unless they wait til the deadline and see how many request for replacement guides and then do a print run accordingly. I guess that's why its going to take 2-3 months for us to get replacements.

[quote name='sneakysnake128']I hope they don't reprint it. It really degrades the status of buying a deluxe edition that is only available for a select amount of time.[/QUOTE]

no, it just makes it so that douche bags don't just buy them all up to re-sell on ebay.

The deluxe edition is a good deal with the guide, and a good edition of the game and there's no reason why people shouldn't be able to get it for less than $100 from resellers.

I would wager that about 90% of the people in this forum have bought a game and sold it on ebay or elsewhere for a profit...just saying.

[quote name='OtherAdam']But Atlus IS reprinting the guide- for the replacement program. They might do a stealth print run and put out more deluxe editions as a result. Unless they wait til the deadline and see how many request for replacement guides and then do a print run accordingly. I guess that's why its going to take 2-3 months for us to get replacements.[/QUOTE]

Interesting thought. No doubt that these are existing now due to the reprint. I wonder if Amazon and friends are now gonna be flooded with copies as well. Based upon the demand it's almost silly for Atlus to NOT make more copies.

[quote name='OtherAdam']But Atlus IS reprinting the guide- for the replacement program. They might do a stealth print run and put out more deluxe editions as a result. Unless they wait til the deadline and see how many request for replacement guides and then do a print run accordingly. I guess that's why its going to take 2-3 months for us to get replacements.[/QUOTE]

That's actually a really good point. And as I said before, they've said they won't do something and then end up doing it anyway... the only difference being that this time, they said they're not going to reprint any more DEs in an official statement so they can't just delete those messages from their forums.

[quote name='CaoPi']the ink problem for the guides were real bad?[/QUOTE]

The back of my guide and spine have some minor ink wear but the front cover is perfect (probably because I hold it from the back). I still don't know if I wanna rip it up and send it in since they might not give me a replacement (since there's no signs of wear on the front).

Bit the bullet and decided to buy it. Haven't bought a game since King of Fighters XII (which I actually still enjoy). I am definitely debating whether or not I should keep this copy for a while, or if I should just play it.

bread's done
Back