Demon Soul's with Soundtrack cd Amazon goldbox 6pm

Hmm...$20 for the game and $10 for the soundtrack, so about $30 plus shipping/handing is the fair price. I might consider this if it is less than $25 after all is said and done. Saw the game for $20 at Walmart yesterday.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Hmm...$20 for the game and $10 for the soundtrack, so about $30 plus shipping/handing is the fair price. I might consider this if it is less than $25 after all is said and done. Saw the game for $20 at Walmart yesterday.[/QUOTE]
It'd be hilarious if what you saw at Walmart was the game with the soundtrack included. It's like, "Whoops."

I love Demon Souls. In my opinion the best game on PS3 and one of the best games this generation. This game to me is worth $60 but any price is a steal for this.

I'll agree with the above posters, the soundtrack for this game is outstanding. You know that the music for a game is great when you can listen to it after beating the game once and instantly recognize which song corresponds to each boss. My favorite three were definitely the Idol, Maiden, and Adjundicator.

The Maiden's song plus atmosphere is some of the most brilliant sound design I've ever heard in any form of entertainment. Truly remarkable.

FYI, Atlus has announced the online servers will stay active until at least October 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dajinn']how do you know its the game PLUS soundtrack? the hint only makes any reference to a soundtrack[/QUOTE]

The soundtrack is not available for sale without the game

[quote name='sadboy']It'd be hilarious if what you saw at Walmart was the game with the soundtrack included. It's like, "Whoops."[/QUOTE]

Whoops, only if the Greatest Hits version is the one that is packaged with the soundtrack inside. :)

I've been waiting on this game because I know i'll stop playing it in a few hours dye to pure frustration... Here's hoping for that improbable $10 price point

[quote name='Dajinn']how do you know its the game PLUS soundtrack? the hint only makes any reference to a soundtrack[/QUOTE]

google>amazon goldbox plugin for firefox>download>amazon>goldbox deals>check it for yourself.

i wouldnt post the thread if i didnt know it was for sure.

[quote name='VaultDweller']got it for $15 decent game but the soundtrack sucks[/QUOTE]

here, have some more haterade. being here 4 months hardly means u are a "veteran".

[quote name='technicalstylez']i wouldnt post the thread if i didnt know it was for sure.[/QUOTE]

He was just asking. You shouldn't take it personally.

^lol i didnt take it personally, it was meant as a general statement regarding any deal thread i post. on a side note he put a word in all caps, so it seemed he required extra assurance.

[quote name='kilik64']how are you NOT a prime member?[/QUOTE]

Why spend 30 bucks to be a prime member if you always spend more than $25 per purchase? Unless there is a way to get a membership for free?

If you don't have it already, BUY THIS GAME. I started playing it about a month ago, and I've literally put 100+ hours into it and am still replaying over and over. So, so fun.

[quote name='bg2001']Why spend 30 bucks to be a prime member if you always spend more than $25 per purchase? Unless there is a way to get a membership for free?[/QUOTE]

All you need is a .edu email address.

[quote name='bg2001']Why spend 30 bucks to be a prime member if you always spend more than $25 per purchase? Unless there is a way to get a membership for free?[/QUOTE]

Prime gives free 2-day shipping, release day shipping, and $3.99 overnight shipping. That's why. A $25 purchase only gets you free "value" shipping.

[quote name='VaultDweller']got it for $15 decent game but the soundtrack sucks[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']here, have some more haterade. being here 4 months hardly means u are a "veteran".[/QUOTE]

I agree with VaultDweller, the soundtrack isn't good at all. The music doesn't go well with the gameplay for me. The game is decent, but not worth more than 10 bucks tops.

[quote name='InFlames215']Prime gives free 2-day shipping, release day shipping, and $3.99 overnight shipping. That's why. A $25 purchase only gets you free "value" shipping.[/QUOTE]

Also truth.

[quote name='deadpool253']I agree with VaultDweller, the soundtrack isn't good at all. The music doesn't go well with the gameplay for me. The game is decent, but not worth more than 10 bucks tops.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on the soundtrack. I honestly don't notice the music in the game, which means it's acceptable but not great.

The game however is phenomenal. Anyone with a fondness for difficult games or fantasy action RPGs will *love* it for this cheap.

[quote name='henryVIII']FYI, Demons Souls online servers go offline in March 2011, the last I heard.

The game is still amazing in single player only, but the online portions of the game will no longer be available in about a month.

***Update: It appears they extended it until October 2011. So still plenty of months to take advantage of the online functionality.[/QUOTE]

You should edit your post and pretty much delete the original content of it so people don't happen to skim over the post and be turned off from buying the game...just my two cents.

The chanting songs (like the one in the intro) are almost unbearably bad, so yeah, I pretty much agree. Luckily, most of the game just uses atmosphere and ambient sounds, not music.

Surprised so many folks are knocking the music...
Maiden Astrea has to be my favorite song in a video game... ever...

if you hated this one, which game soundtrack would you recommend? (The only other I can actually listen to is the God of War soundtrack)

My opinion this soundtrack is stellar (I got a backup copy with artbook and soundtrack a few weeks back)... well worth it for $27 you can check out the music on IvanIMG's Youtube Channel

I particularly liked:
Flame Lurker
"Tales of Old"
"Dirty Colossus"
The One Who Craves Souls
And these songs are only better after experiencing the game.

This one made it into my 6 disc changer in the car and has been there in heavy rotation for at least a 3 months.

Pay no attention to the people saying the OST sucks, the music in this game is one of the reasons it is so awesome perfect style of music for this type of game IMO. Like in Mass effect 1 the music in that was fitting for the setting.

20 minutes to go, everyone place your price predictions while we wait.

I'm guessing it'll be $20, but if it's $15 I'm 95% likely to bite.

I have it in my cart but I dunno if I can bite here. Even if it was $2 less I would probably do it, but I just don't know. It would be cool to have the soundtrack, but depending on the occasion this can be $14.99 as a standalone, is this really worth $5 more? I don't think it is for me right now.

[quote name='genfuyung']My prediction- More than I want to pay for a game that I know will piss me off to no end.[/QUOTE]

Didn't piss me off, and I get pissed off at everything. The game requires skill, and patience. It doesn't use cheap tactics against you like most other games.

Anyone who doesn't have this game already, is a fool for passing it up at this price. Everyone I know (I mean EVERYONE, and all who witnessed it) has said this is one of their favorite games ever.

$20? This was sub $20 around Black Friday(for about a week or two). Plus, for just $22 you got the same exact bundle and the art book. Pass.

Didn't piss me off, and I get pissed off at everything. The game requires skill, and patience. It doesn't use cheap tactics against you like most other games.
I don't quite agree, I mean yeah there are some elements of the game that are thoroughly challenging and rewarding, but I think there is also alot of cheap stuff in there. Looking back on the first level alone I can think of how all the enemies that are crammed in the corners to ambush you, the baby steps I had to take to ensure I would have as much sprinting distance across the castle wall without getting killed by the dragon fire, and inching forward to try and attract only one enemy at a time, lest I be mauled by the entire gang. To me, challenge via trial and error isn't a very engaging challenge.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Didn't piss me off, and I get pissed off at everything. The game requires skill, and patience. It doesn't use cheap tactics against you like most other games.

Anyone who doesn't have this game already, is a fool for passing it up at this price. Everyone I know (I mean EVERYONE, and all who witnessed it) has said this is one of their favorite games ever.[/QUOTE]
The fact that its 12-13 dollars on warehouse deals every other day makes this price a joke. My concern with this game is I have very little patience. I dont see a reason to spend a lot of time playing something thats frustrating when I could be playing something fun. So I don't know that I'd get much value from this game lol.

bread's done
Back