Demon's souls 29.99 new @ amazon 25.99 used @ amazon

Beat me to it.

It would appear they just matched GameStop.

Though I seriously wish Amazon and GameStop would have that same kind of tug-of-war price-match war they had a month or two back - with Demon's Souls and Heavy Rain - because I totally missed out on that.

Amazon WarehouseDeals is selling it for $31.99 used. Don't they feel silly. Yes they do.

Damnit! I bought it at the GameStop Power sale. Ehh, it is okay. I did get to use the $10 of coupon that was just collecting dust, so it wasn't such a loss. I have so much Amazon credit though...

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Damnit! I bought it at the GameStop Power sale. Ehh, it is okay. I did get to use the $10 of coupon that was just collecting dust, so it wasn't such a loss. I have so much Amazon credit though...[/QUOTE]
Found myself in the same position. I tacked one another cheap used game (Rainbow Six Vegas) to save shipping on both and figure $24 when all said and done for two games is nice.

Its odd though, I have about 6 of those $10 GS credits (after REALLY having to go out of my way to use another 5-6 over the past few months) just burning a hole in my pocket but atleast they don't expire for like almost a year otherwise they would be wasted for sure.

Absolutely brilliant game and the price point is right. Sony now publicly regrets that they didn't publish this game in the US.

Death is an important mechanic and dying means something. You will die, a lot.

I'll chime in here and add my recommendation for this game.

By far the most rewarding gaming experience i've had in the past 5 years. It might be my favorite game period.

[quote name='machindo']$10 Amazon game credit + $14 Amazon credit = Demon's Souls for $5.99. To buy or not to buy, that is the question.[/QUOTE]
I shake my head in disgust at anyone who does not have Demons Souls yet, & to even question $6 for it :bomb:

I paid full price for DS way back when (feared it would be hard to find later...) and just now started playing it. It's hard, and I never seem to know exactly what to do next, but I'm enjoying it. Solid buy.

I haven't beaten the first real stage in about 7 hours yet :( But I'm finally at the boss and I read some of the comments left by others... time to farm for souls to buy stuff. That is if I don't die a second time without collecting my old souls :(.

i have not played demon souls yet, but i think 3d dot game heroes is incredibly difficult i get so frustrated when i get really far in the fire temple then die and it sends me to the begginning, i still love that game, thats why i think im gonna order this

[quote name='bredbu']i have not played demon souls yet, but i think 3d dot game heroes is incredibly difficult i get so frustrated when i get really far in the fire temple then die and it sends me to the begginning, i still love that game, thats why i think im gonna order this[/QUOTE]

If you think 3D Dot Game Heroes is incredibly difficult, you're in for a rude awakening with Demon's Souls. This is a game developed by people who nearly considered erasing your save file if you died.

Are the online aspect still alive enough to get the full experience (what with hints and all)? I'm really on the fence between this and Persona 4.

[quote name='flameofdoom666'] I bought it at the GameStop Power sale. I did get to use the $10 of coupon that was just collecting dust, so it wasn't such a loss. [/QUOTE]

Exactly, those $10 off coupons are tough to use sometimes and I got free shipping on mine plus it will be here today so I'm :D.

[quote name='egorka']FYI- Free shipping with any purchase $49 or more according to the front page.[/QUOTE]

free super saver shipping on orders over 25

[quote name='panzerfaust']Are the online aspect still alive enough to get the full experience (what with hints and all)? I'm really on the fence between this and Persona 4.[/QUOTE]

Don't be. Persona 4. Always Persona 4.
Demon's Souls has some neat idea, and I like it in concept, but the system is janky as hell. The lock-on system rarely works the way you want it to, and, considering combat without lock-on is almost impossible, this alone was a pretty huge issue for me. Inventory management is also terribly designed. As for the online stuff, it's essentially a non-factor. I have roughly 30 hours playtime so far, I've finished a little more than half the levels, and only once have I had the opportunity to summon another player into my game. Likewise, the hint system has been near useless in my experience.
Persona 4, however, is easily the greatest game I have ever played.

[quote name='nnickers']Don't be. Persona 4. Always Persona 4.
Demon's Souls has some neat idea, and I like it in concept, but the system is janky as hell. The lock-on system rarely works the way you want it to, and, considering combat without lock-on is almost impossible, this alone was a pretty huge issue for me. Inventory management is also terribly designed. As for the online stuff, it's essentially a non-factor. I have roughly 30 hours playtime so far, I've finished a little more than half the levels, and only once have I had the opportunity to summon another player into my game. Likewise, the hint system has been near useless in my experience.
Persona 4, however, is easily the greatest game I have ever played.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I've been looking at gameplay vids for the past half hour and I can definitely see how this game can be a lot of fun in a brutally gratifying way, but I don't feel like it's something I'd be drawn into. Gonna get P3P first and P4 for $15 at a GS near my school later.

The online community for this game is still very, very active. There are hints and the silhouettes of other players everywhere, all the time.

I'm gonna chime in an put a flameshield on. I hated this game. Yes, it was hard. But thats not why I hated it. It is false to call this an RPG. It's more like an action/adventure game with RPG elements. There is like no storyline. I also hated banging my head against the wall with the deaths. I really don't get why people liked this game so much. One of the most overrated games in years IMO.

:drool:

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']I'm gonna chime in an put a flameshield on. I hated this game. Yes, it was hard. But thats not why I hated it. It is false to call this an RPG. It's more like an action/adventure game with RPG elements. There is like no storyline. I also hated banging my head against the wall with the deaths. I really don't get why people liked this game so much. One of the most overrated games in years IMO.

:drool:[/QUOTE]

see i dont like rpg's but i do like action adventure games so i might like it in that case

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']I'm gonna chime in an put a flameshield on. I hated this game. Yes, it was hard. But thats not why I hated it. It is false to call this an RPG. It's more like an action/adventure game with RPG elements. There is like no storyline. I also hated banging my head against the wall with the deaths. I really don't get why people liked this game so much. One of the most overrated games in years IMO.

:drool:[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with not liking it but I think it appealed to lots of people (at least to me) because it wasn't so focused on the "RPG" elements. It's a refreshing change to the endless love triangles, "twists" like your brother is your father is your ultimate enemy...etc. The story is only there to let you know what's really good. There's demons, and you gotta kill 'em. The rest is up to you. How you develop your character and stats, what weapons/armor/shields you prefer based on your own combat preferences (there is no ultimate setup really, it's on you and your skill with your loadout) and there's no way to just run around rambo-ing everything in sight.

The level design imo is well done, and it's nice having more control in combat as opposed to clicking "attack" or "magic" and then choosing from another menu which spell you want to cast.

Either way I totally realize this game isn't for everyone. If you're looking for a more traditional RPG Demon's Souls definitely isn't the game for you, but it's more addictive than any other game I've played recently. It definitely becomes a more rewarding experience the more you play it. If anyone's considering purchasing this game they should realize that they're going to have to die a lot and experiment a lot but it's not actually THAT hard. Dying's just part of how you play this game. Don't expect a regular RPG style game and if that's what you're looking to play, Demon's Souls probably isn't the game you want to buy.

It is an RPG, the way you can build your character into nearly any class is very gratifying. It's not a JRPG with a superficial storyline that appears "deep" on the surface replete with wrist cutting characters.

There is a story you just have to work to find it. It isn't handed to you in hours and hours of cutscenes. Like an anthropologist dropped into a vast unexplored tomb you have to piece together what has happened in Boletaria from what is said in the manual, by the NPCs, by the archstones descriptions, by spell and the unique weapon descriptions, and even by the placement of items, bosses, and black phantoms. This is the way it would be for a lone adventurer wandering through a devastated land where barely a couple dozen human beings remain.

I could see why that would not be peoples thing, but I quite liked the "piecing together a puzzle" aspect of the storyline as a reward for exploration.

[quote name='ne2eire']This is one of the best games of this decade. I really hope we'll see a sequel.[/QUOTE]

I second this, love games but this generation of consoles is very meh to me, 10000 FPS that all are pretty much the same, or QTE botton memory games.. Guitar hero and the like... I had Simon when i was 14... why do i need it now? Demons Souls is the first game in maybe 5 years i spent ever spare minute on. but to each there own.. I'm sure its not for everybody, but i would sure recomend it.

bread's done
Back