Demon's Souls $49.99 new @ amazon

V4, give them a call, they just gave me a $7 credit on uncharted 2.... of course I have to call back now about demon souls. =)

>Meh looks like I'll only get credit on one of them, but heck, still nice. $7 credit + $40 credit from buy 80 get 40 + eca = free game.

Last edited by a moderator:
uhhh can someone fill me in? theres like 3 topics about amazon dropping the price of 3 games (uncharted 2, demon's souls, and r&c cit) to $50.

are they price matching gamestop (or someone else) on all 3 games?

Funny funny. Just read a week ago about how successful amazon has been despite the economy. They're obviously hitting the electronic market right.

I've been kicking myself for not picking up Demon's Souls during one of the deals over the last few weeks, but with my backlog of games I can't bring myself to spend a ton of money. This (likely) temporary drop, adding in a $5 credit from Uncharted 2, and a prepaid $20 Visa card I received as a rebate gets me the game shipped for $24.99.

I'm not made of stone, people. :p

I have a question, I also just picked up Demon's Souls with the 80 get 40 deal, if I call them up for a price adjustment will that mess with the 80 get 40 deal? The total was 83 before taxes. Thanks

They also dropped the price for WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 to $49.99/$49.49 as well.

Uncharted 2 and Ratchet & Clank ACiT went down to $49.99 also!

Let's update the OP to a general Amazon $49.99 price drops thread!

If OP can't do, then let's have a mod make it so!

Edit: FIFA 10 and Tekken 6 down o $49.99 as well...

[quote name='Izod517']V4, give them a call, they just gave me a $7 credit on uncharted 2.... of course I have to call back now about demon souls. =)

>Meh looks like I'll only get credit on one of them, but heck, still nice. $7 credit + $40 credit from buy 80 get 40 + eca = free game.[/QUOTE]

when I said bah, I meant, damnit I gotta send another email. I got price matched on a few things this month already. They always send the same generic email, saying that this is a special circumstance and its a one time thing...not.

I already got my $7 within 10 min of emailing them.

I ordered it the other day and I sent them an email. This is what they sent me back:

Hello,

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the "Demon's Souls" you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped on October 29, 2009 was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502

Although prices fluctuate, our service does not. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

This is pretty disappointing considering that any store would give me the difference back. Maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow....

*Update* I just called them and they said that they can't do anything about it. Once it is shipped, that is the lowest price they can give you. She said because of the economic crisis, they stopped doing the price guarantee September of last year.... Frustrating.

[quote name='CRH7386']I ordered it the other day and I sent them an email. This is what they sent me back:

Hello,

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the "Demon's Souls" you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped on October 29, 2009 was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502

Although prices fluctuate, our service does not. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

This is pretty disappointing considering that any store would give me the difference back. Maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow....

*Update* I just called them and they said that they can't do anything about it. Once it is shipped, that is the lowest price they can give you. She said because of the economic crisis, they stopped doing the price guarantee September of last year.... Frustrating.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you, I received the EXACT reply you did in the email. So...I sent them another. I'll call as a last resort...but I'll wear them out, email after email, after email. On, and on I will go.

Economic crisis my ass! If by economic crisis they mean they don't know what to do with all the money they make, then sure!

What blows is if one goes to say, Best Buy, you have an allotted amount of time where if a competitor sells the item you bought for less, or if Best Buy themselves sells it for less...you are refunded the difference.

I can care less about Amazon price matching...but they should be able to price match themselves after just a measly few days! Using the economic crisis as an excuse is simply pathetic.

I hope BB pricematches this or Gamestop.com, even though they are both online. I figure, Gamestop is a real store so I might have better luck there. I got BB GC I want to spend.

I picked it up with the buy $80 get $40 credit last week and I just emailed them and was able to get $7 credited back to my card.
Thanks for the heads up!

I might have to pick up another copy soon. I want to play it, but I don't want to open my Deluxe Edition. Maybe during black Friday or used during an B2G1.

[quote name='newlu']I picked it up with the buy $80 get $40 credit last week and I just emailed them and was able to get $7 credited back to my card.
Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

Does doing this threaten getting the $40 credit if taking $7 brings the total down to just below $80?

[quote name='PDJ']Funny funny. Just read a week ago about how successful amazon has been despite the economy. They're obviously hitting the electronic market right.[/QUOTE]

Probably a lot of people by average stuff there. I know I bought a lamp, undershirts, cables, 5-year energy blubs, pens, and bookshelf from there just this year. That is in addition to the books and games I bought there. Plus I got prime so even when other places are cheaper it still comes out more when you add in shipping cost.

[quote name='Grinchy']I paid MSRP+tax for it and am quite satisfied. I never pay MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Haha, although I have said the exact same thing before...clearly you sometimes do.:cold:

[quote name='newlu']I picked it up with the buy $80 get $40 credit last week and I just emailed them and was able to get $7 credited back to my card.
Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

Lucky you. I sent them another email saying that any other store would give the difference back and why can't they? It would make sense for me to have to send the game back and order it again to get a lower price. But that didn't work cause this is what I got back:

Hello,

I realize our last message was disappointing news for you.

If you decided to return the Demon's Souls and reorder, the return would be subject to our usual returns policy. Please visit www.amazon.com/returns for details.

Prices on some items may change due to special offers from suppliers and manufacturers or our inventory and sales volumes. When we can offer a lower price for new purchases we will, but we can't honor new discounts for completed orders.

I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you order from us. We would certainly be sorry to lose your business, and do hope you'll consider us for your future shopping needs.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you; this is our policy at this time. We won't be able to comment on this issue further.

We hope to see you again at Amazon.com.

[quote name='CRH7386']Lucky you. I sent them another email saying that any other store would give the difference back and why can't they? It would make sense for me to have to send the game back and order it again to get a lower price. But that didn't work cause this is what I got back:

Hello,

If you decided to return the Demon's Souls and reorder, the return would be subject to our usual returns policy. Please visit www.amazon.com/returns for details.

Prices on some items may change due to special offers from suppliers and manufacturers or our inventory and sales volumes. When we can offer a lower price for new purchases we will, but we can't honor new discounts for completed orders.

I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you order from us. We would certainly be sorry to lose your business, and do hope you'll consider us for your future shopping needs.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you; this is our policy at this time. We won't be able to comment on this issue further.

We hope to see you again at Amazon.com.[/QUOTE]

Those are garbage corporate copy/paste replies.

I was rejected once. I now have sent them another email calling them out on their hypocrisy...how they have shown courtesy toward others for refunds for the exact same situation. I'd like to see them pull another corporate copy/paste reply out of their ass for that one.

This is great. People pissing and moaning over a few bucks. You don't have the right as a consumer to the absolute lowest possible price no matter what happens after you buy something. Prices fluctuate. Get over it.

That is such bulls**t! I purchased Uncharted 2 & Demon Souls on Saturday for the more expensive price. I did it for the buy 2 for $80 get $40 back deal. And I know if they price adjust my account I still qualify for the $40. But whatever I mean I have spent over $500 in the past couple of months on Amazon. And I even have more pre-orders with them. If they want customer loyalty then they better change the way they do business.

But you know what? We shouldn't be so greedy because when it comes down to it, Amazon is one of the best online retailers I have ever used. Not to mention gives you excellent discounts like ECA and credit pre-orders on games. Not to mention their online customer support it superb. So today Ill bite the bullet...

Can you believe he told me to refuse the package and reorder? But if I do that then I wont get the $40 back! Not to mention the guy sounded like a robotic soundboard.

[quote name='hungryheepo']That is such bulls**t! I purchased Uncharted 2 & Demon Souls on Saturday for the more expensive price. I did it for the buy 2 for $80 get $40 back deal. And I know if they price adjust my account I still qualify for the $40. But whatever I mean I have spent over $500 in the past couple of months on Amazon. And I even have more pre-orders with them. If they want customer loyalty then they better change the way they do business.

[/QUOTE]

you actually got it for a MUCH better deal using the 40 dollar promo. now your trying to stack the promo with a lower price- I don't fault you for trying, but its pretty absurd to be complaining you cant retroactively apply a promo that was a better deal to the new price.

[quote name='hungryheepo']That is such bulls**t! I purchased Uncharted 2 & Demon Souls on Saturday for the more expensive price. I did it for the buy 2 for $80 get $40 back deal. And I know if they price adjust my account I still qualify for the $40. But whatever I mean I have spent over $500 in the past couple of months on Amazon. And I even have more pre-orders with them. If they want customer loyalty then they better change the way they do business.

But you know what? We shouldn't be so greedy because when it comes down to it, Amazon is one of the best online retailers I have ever used. Not to mention gives you excellent discounts like ECA and credit pre-orders on games. Not to mention their online customer support it superb. So today Ill bite the bullet...

Can you believe he told me to refuse the package and reorder? But if I do that then I wont get the $40 back! Not to mention the guy sounded like a robotic soundboard.[/QUOTE]

LOL...I was actually quite pissed off a bit...but your last comment made me laugh a bit. Here's their latest grand piece of customer care...

Hello,

I'm not able to speak to the reasons we have issued a refund for a similar situation in the past. At this point, we don't match prices or give refunds for price changes when the item has already been shipped.

Best regards,

Banu J.
Amazon.com

...won't be able to comment on this further? That's hilarious. I'm going to stop as apparently I'm annoying them and there's no telling what that Punjab will do. I will say this though...after being such a loyal customer...sticking up for them when people abused the stacking ECA codes...that the gloves are off.

If for a measly few dollars they cannot satisfy an extremely loyal customer...then they shouldn't mind it when a customer saves a few measly dollars for themselves by ANY MEANS NECESSARY. It's a dog eat dog world apparently.

The next time an exploit in their system occurs I will take such fucking advantage of it that the stench of it will reach the heavens!

UPDATE: I realized I've yet to receive my $40 credit...so Banu can go fuck himself...we'll see how they won't be able to comment on this further when I send them droves more emails.

[quote name='caltab']you actually got it for a MUCH better deal using the 40 dollar promo. now your trying to stack the promo with a lower price- I don't fault you for trying, but its pretty absurd to be complaining you cant retroactively apply a promo that was a better deal to the new price.[/QUOTE]

Oh believe me, I'm not complaining. I'm quite happy. If you read what I wrote below I don't blame them for MY order. But they should price match items that were placed within a couple days that were already shipped out. I mean come on whats up with that? And I'm not talking about promos like the one I got. I mean normal regular orders. You know what I mean?

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']LOL...I was actually quite pissed off a bit...but your last comment made me laugh a bit. Here's their latest grand piece of customer care...

Hello,

I'm not able to speak to the reasons we have issued a refund for a similar situation in the past. At this point, we don't match prices or give refunds for price changes when the item has already been shipped.

[/QUOTE]

well...normally I get responses that quickly address an issue I may have. And 99% of the time the situation has a remedy. So I'm pretty happy. Today's customer support falls into that %1 but its ok. Ill survive and so will the rest of us. :bouncy:

[quote name='hungryheepo']Oh believe me, I'm not complaining. I'm quite happy. If you read what I wrote below I don't blame them for MY order. But they should price match items that were placed within a couple days that were already shipped out. I mean come on whats up with that? And I'm not talking about promos like the one I got. I mean normal regular orders. You know what I mean?[/QUOTE]

ya, I wish they would reinstate their price protection of the past, but even if they did, I don't think any company would give you the few bucks back in this case because the promo deal was a better offer. Amazon prices fluctuate so much and they offer so many damn promo's its just too complicated/costly for amazon to have price protection. Usually the prices drops on new release games even out when you consider the GC credit they offered on preorders. Despite the lack of price protection, Amazon still rules. Also, if its a bigger drop, like 20 bucks or something that wasn't a video game-you could always reorder it and return the older one and eat the 5 dollarish shipping charge.

[quote name='Izod517']V4, give them a call, they just gave me a $7 credit on uncharted 2.... of course I have to call back now about demon souls. =)

>Meh looks like I'll only get credit on one of them, but heck, still nice. $7 credit + $40 credit from buy 80 get 40 + eca = free game.[/QUOTE]

Trying to get a $4 refund for the Borderlands drop, sicne I did that for the $40 credit deal. I'll update when I have an answer.

Well my argument isn't that they won't price guarantee. My point of the argument derives from the fact that they do not enforce their policy equally across the board for everyone.

You can have two people that both ordered last week. One gets a refund of the difference, the other does not.

Right there you have a major problem with policy. It either works for all or it works for none. And it makes their CS reps look rather stupid when they mention "it's our policy, it's our policy" when quite apparently, there are exceptions to their policy. Which in turn, makes their policy null and void. In turn...not a real policy at all.

This isn't just for Amazon...I'm a type of person that gets really pissed off when certain policies or laws of any kind are enforced toward one individual and not toward another. Garbage like that ignites the revolutionary fire in my blood.

Back to Amazon...

I sent them another email...this one is not so full of honey and flowers...but stinging vinegar to the eyes. Whether they realize their errors this time or not, my latest work will definitely be read by a manager...that I'm pretty damn sure of. ;)

Crap. I ordered last Friday and I don't even have it or my $40 code. I feel like I risk losing the code if by some chance they do adjust my order :/.

Hrm, I don't really approve of Amazon decreasing the price right after a promotion or release of a game (i.e., pre-order guarantee prices are sometimes higher than the price a week after release); however, I do think in this case where they are offering a buy two, get $40 credit for a future game purchase (usable on pre-orders), it's not too bad considering that the other retailers make you buy what's in stock right then and there.

Going into many of the Best Buys in my area for the B2G1 deal the same week, I couldn't find any of the games that were released because they didn't even order them. However, Amazon came with the deal and let us back order (and still qualify for the deal) even if they were out of stock. I guess you can do the same for BestBuy.COM, except you have to pay for shipping since they don't do back orders + ship to store.

In any case, be sure not to complain too much to Amazon if the cost is negligible. I've heard many horror stories of being blacklisted (by home address). So unless you're not going to use Amazon ever again or planning to move soon, then go for it. Otherwise, I like to save my 'complaints' for things that would net more more than $10 back for my back and forth e-mail correspondence (i.e., huge sales).

If you do complain enough about something and ask to escalate, they may eventually acquiesce if you're a consistent customer. If you don't buy much from Amazon, they don't really have much of an incentive to keep you happy.

[quote name='Kryian']Crap. I ordered last Friday and I don't even have it or my $40 code. I feel like I risk losing the code if by some chance they do adjust my order :/.[/QUOTE]

Why should you fear anything? Unless your initial sub-total would drop below $80. Granted I used ECA and a $10 credit from a previous purchase to my order...my total was $89.88, but my sub-total was $110 and change. The $40 credit relies on the sub-total, as it's been mentioned here before.

[quote name='zakai']Hrm, I don't really approve of Amazon decreasing the price right after a promotion or release of a game (i.e., pre-order guarantee prices are sometimes higher than the price a week after release); however, I do think in this case where they are offering a buy two, get $40 credit for a future game purchase (usable on pre-orders), it's not too bad considering that the other retailers make you buy what's in stock right then and there.

Going into many of the Best Buys in my area for the B2G1 deal the same week, I couldn't find any of the games that were released because they didn't even order them. However, Amazon came with the deal and let us back order (and still qualify for the deal) even if they were out of stock. I guess you can do the same for BestBuy.COM, except you have to pay for shipping since they don't do back orders + ship to store.

In any case, be sure not to complain too much to Amazon if the cost is negligible. I've heard many horror stories of being blacklisted (by home address). So unless you're not going to use Amazon ever again or planning to move soon, then go for it. Otherwise, I like to save my 'complaints' for things that would net more more than $10 back for my back and forth e-mail correspondence (i.e., huge sales).

If you do complain enough about something and ask to escalate, they may eventually acquiesce if you're a consistent customer. If you don't buy much from Amazon, they don't really have much of an incentive to keep you happy.[/QUOTE]

I too have heard those blacklisting horror stories. Hopefully they were for customers that barely spend money there to begin with. But if they were to ever blacklist me, someone who has spent thousands in short time, for nothing more than asking questions...they will have a big problem on their hands.

Hey guys,

I ordered Demons Souls and GTA IV for approx ~83 USD for the spend 80$ and get 40$ coupon.

If i get DS adjusted to what it is now priced at, do I lose the 40$ coupon I get?

[quote name='Casteor']Hey guys,

I ordered Demons Souls and GTA IV for approx ~83 USD for the spend 80$ and get 40$ coupon.

If i get DS adjusted to what it is now priced at, do I lose the 40$ coupon I get?[/QUOTE]

how would they take away your 40$ cooupon?

[quote name='judgedee']how would they take away your 40$ cooupon?[/QUOTE]

Because I spent the required amount ($80) to get the $40 coupon. I didn't receive my shipment yet.

I want demons souls at $49.99 because i just found out that it was adjusted. If they were to give me the price adjusted value and give me credit back, then I would have paid less than the required $80.

I'm asking if I do get credit back if I lose that coupon (which doesn't get shipped until 1 or 2 weeks after you receive the shipment).

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I'm in the same boat as you, I received the EXACT reply you did in the email. So...I sent them another. I'll call as a last resort...but I'll wear them out, email after email, after email. On, and on I will go.

Economic crisis my ass! If by economic crisis they mean they don't know what to do with all the money they make, then sure!

What blows is if one goes to say, Best Buy, you have an allotted amount of time where if a competitor sells the item you bought for less, or if Best Buy themselves sells it for less...you are refunded the difference.

I can care less about Amazon price matching...but they should be able to price match themselves after just a measly few days! Using the economic crisis as an excuse is simply pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Same response here. I'm going to keep plugging away, though, because they have the link in every email that you can click if your issue was not resolved. I figured, if you click it enough....

Besides, I've had a refund from Amazon before because of a price drop (non-game or promotion related, though), so I'm extra annoyed that my greedy paws can't get my $4 Borderlands credit.

Just got off the phone with amazon-- they told me I will be getting $7 credit back for Demons Souls and it will not void out my deal for the spend $80 and get $40 coupon.

He shoots (for the fourth time)...

...and he SCORES!!!

So I decided I had enough with the Indian CS and simply called Amazon CS. I got a nice southern bell named Anita from the US on the line and proceeded to tell her my side of the story.

No hassle, no fuss...she was a pleasure to talk to and even made me laugh a bit. She gladly gave me not $11 for the difference of my Demon's Souls and Borderlands purchase, but $12 into my Amazon account for my next purchase (which I checked and is already in my account) and told me I still get my $40 credit for my order for the Buy $80 Get $40 promo!

For THIS very reason is why I detest the outsourced Amazon CS...it gives Amazon a bad rap.

Anita, you rule! :)

bread's done
Back