Demon's Souls $49.99 NEW on Gamestop.com

that's interesting but you know what they slashed the prices of a few games to 49.99 new. they slashed brutal legend, tekken 6 and ratchet and clank as well.....already got demon souls....oh the pain

[quote name='gshell']that's interesting but you know what they slashed the prices of a few games to 49.99 new. they slashed brutal legend, tekken 6 and ratchet and clank as well.....already got demon souls....oh the pain[/QUOTE]

how nice of them to slash the prices not even a week later :bomb:
I really don't like gamestop, but I have $41 credit, and I want this game...but the $3 handling fee is the only thing stopping me right now. My total comes out to $12.61
Should I wait for this supposed B2G1F deal coming up, or should I just bite now?

thanks OP, though I don't think SAVER = free shipping. showing as 16% off used games for me. unless there's a way to not be charged handling it's no different than buying on Amazon - who I'd MUCH rather give my business to.

[quote name='Link127']thanks OP, though I don't think SAVER = free shipping. showing as 16% off used games for me. unless there's a way to not be charged handling it's no different than buying on Amazon - who I'd MUCH rather give my business to.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it still charges handling, really lame.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']how nice of them to slash the prices not even a week later :bomb:
I really don't like gamestop, but I have $41 credit, and I want this game...but the $3 handling fee is the only thing stopping me right now. My total comes out to $12.61
Should I wait for this supposed B2G1F deal coming up, or should I just bite now?[/QUOTE]

that's may dilemma.... gstop is tricky because these might be temp price drops and it that is the case you can count on them to raise the price back up. but to be fair i saw demon soul for 49.99 and r&c for the same price last week.....so those prices might hold.

i personally am going to take the chance and wait for the b2g1....i wish i had a more solid confirmation on that but i'll take the risk if it means i'll get more games.....if it doesn't work out i got a major backlog anyway

Yeah these are probably temporary price drops. Still doesn't beat the B2G1 deals last week though.

Just ordered this from teh zon. I've heard great things about their customer service, but has anyone tried to price match an existing order or something?

[quote name='mywhitenoise']how nice of them to slash the prices not even a week later :bomb:
Should I wait for this supposed B2G1F deal coming up, or should I just bite now?[/QUOTE]
If you want it, I would suggest biting now. I personally hate Gamestop as they screwed me over quite nicely after working for them for 5 years.

I do however now how the company works rather well though. I can tell you for a fact that Gamestop is notorious for dropping prices on games like this and then having a promotion a week or two later, which they then raise the price back to retail.

As for the B2G1 at Gamestop, don't get too excited about that working with new titles. Gamestop has rarely ever had any promotions for B2G1 on new titles. When they have ran those promotions in the past it's typically with a handful of titles and they all retail for full price. Chances are though the B2G1 at GS will be the typical used B2G1 they run off and on all the time.

Always remember this with Gamestop, they will always try to sell you a used game if they have it. The computer will prompt the employee on the screen if any used copies are in stock and they will then try to get you to buy that used copy, which is also stored in a thin paper CD sleeve in a stuffed drawer (PS2 and 360 games are the worst). A lot of these games are scratched quite bad simply due to the way they are stored because the paper sleeves are reused and get torn up quite easily, thus exposing the disc.

I know I will never personally be able to prevent people from shopping at Gamestop, they are simply too big these days, but many of you know have heard the horror stories and some of you are like me and worked for the company. The worst thing about it is that the part-time employees (Game Advisers) get paid minimum wage, barely get any hours (most get around 8-16 a week), and they don't make commission, but managers are encouraged to threaten to fire employees who can't constantly pull a good amount of pre-orders or Edge Card sales (the awful GameInformer is a bonus). This ridiculous thing about this is the company will be upset if a part time employee who worked one 8 hour day on a Wednesday in the middle of Summer wasn't able to get a reserve or sell a "discount" card for anything. That employee would more than likely hear a lecture about how they aren't trying hard enough and many managers will convince the employee to lie and said they have played the game or make up features in order to sell the pre-orders.

Gamestop really is just bad for the industry because they constantly are pushing the sell of used titles, which means that money will go back in their pocket and chances are they will sell a discount card and that customer becomes a return customer and will eventually sell a game that was $50 (after that Edge card discount) back to Gamestop and they will receive a small fraction of that cost where Gamestop will turn around and sell it once again for $55, then they will rinse/repeat and hope they sell another discount card. I hate that Gamestop does this and developers see none of this profit. Games that become largely circulated at Gamestop end up preventing sales for the new copies which sit in a drawer at Gamestop until they ship it to another store, discount it, or in some cases just throw copies away (usually just with PC games).

Anyway sorry for the rant, but I hope I have provided someone with knowledge on why Gamestop is a horrible company to work for and shop at.

[quote name='blitzbllmstr']I wonder if I would be able to get best buy to price match this, considering I just bought it a couple weeks ago.....[/QUOTE]

YMMV...it's online price only per the link and OP's info

[quote name='Sigma']Anyway sorry for the rant, but I hope I have provided someone with knowledge on why Gamestop is a horrible company to work for and shop at.[/QUOTE]

No need to tell me, my girlfriend worked there for a couple of years :D
I probably wouldnt even be into gaming had she not worked there, but they are a HORRIBLE company, and I do not like supporting them. I had $41 in left over credit (I would have gotten a few bucks more by ebay, but I didnt want to deal with that eiter), I made this purchase just to be done with them.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']No need to tell me, my girlfriend worked there for a couple of years :D
I probably wouldnt even be into gaming had she not worked there, but they are a HORRIBLE company, and I do not like supporting them. I had $41 in left over credit (I would have gotten a few bucks more by ebay, but I didnt want to deal with that eiter), I made this purchase just to be done with them.[/QUOTE]
Amen to you brother! I did something similar by canceling my pre-orders and buying some Microsoft Points, they really hate when you cancel pre-orders too. :D

Yea most of the newer titles like Borderlands, Ratchet and Clank ACIT, Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2, etc. I'm guessing they are probably trying to compete with Amazon(since its only online).

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Yea most of the newer titles like Borderlands, Ratchet and Clank ACIT, Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2, etc. I'm guessing they are probably trying to compete with Amazon(since its only online).[/QUOTE]

Yup, looks like a mini-price war has started, but they're both being smart. Not overlapping for the most part yet.

R&C 49.99 on both
Demon Souls 49.99 on GS
Boarderlands (360) 49.99 on zon
etc.

Tempted but we'll pass. I'm hoping GS does something online for BF even if it's just cheapo games. Did they do anything last year online?

I'm guessing most people went for the collectors and even forgotten about the limited.

Hopefully PS3 owners see this for cheap down the road.

[quote name='J7.']Tempted but we'll pass. I'm hoping GS does something online for BF even if it's just cheapo games. Did they do anything last year online?[/QUOTE]
They did have some online specials, but it was mainly games they had stockpiled from the Game Days Sale and various music games that clutter up all of the very small Gamestop back rooms/office/bathroom (stores with really small back rooms tend to put consoles in the bathroom).

As for your question cooljammer, I really doubt you will find a Best Buy store willing to match Gamestops online only deal. For the extra $10 I'd say get it for full price elsewhere just to not give Gamestop the satisfaction of selling anything. I've heard word that we could be seeing Demon's Souls featured for $50 and possibly even $40 at some stores for BF sales.

I went ahead and jumped on this one since I've got $45 and change in credit. I've wanted it and at that point, it seems too good to pass up.

bread's done
Back