Demon's Souls - Amazon $41.38 - LIVE AGAIN... for now, WTF?!?

Thanks Op. Ordered it as soon as I saw this post. $40 was the sweet point I was waiting for.

S&H ended up being about what GST and PST would have been if I bought it at the store ($46.37 vs. $44.00), so I'm happy with it.

Decent price, nice find. Game is well worth full price. Although, we might see drastic price drop in the near future, before it disappears completely.

On the other hand, if the rumors for the sequels are true, it might drop even more, and become a greatest hits...?

FWIW ... this is sold by dvd-plus.com and here is my only experience with them.
I recently ordered Eternal Poison for $13, also sold by them via amazon.ca.
The order was cancelled after a week, and this was the reason they gave me:

"We apologize for having to cancel this order but our inventory showed stock available that was actually defective.
Unfortunately, this item may have been discontinued by the manufacturer and is no longer available. I will contact you if we find some remaining inventory."

Two curious things:
1. The game was supposed to be new, so I don't know how they could tell it was defective; do they test out all their new games before shipping?
2. The game was and still is listed on their site for $45

Looking through their feedback, I only see a handful of similar complaints.

Hoping for the best. Expecting the worst.

How does this work, exactly? Amazon.ca has a listing for items that are actually sold by 3rd parties? So Amazon is basically eBay?

[quote name='CHW']How does this work, exactly? Amazon.ca has a listing for items that are actually sold by 3rd parties? So Amazon is basically eBay?[/QUOTE]

Amazon Marketplace is basically eBay, yes. But Amazon deposits the cash directly into your bank account and they make sure everybody is paying taxes.

[quote name='retro.elite']If it get sold out again. Gamestop.com has it for $35.99. Order it from Goomba.[/QUOTE]

I just Direct Request 2.01ed the fuck out of this after missing the amazon deal twice. Thanks for the tip!

[quote name='CHW']How does this work, exactly? Amazon.ca has a listing for items that are actually sold by 3rd parties? So Amazon is basically eBay?[/QUOTE]

more like half.com

[quote name='MrGone']I just Direct Request 2.01ed the fuck out of this after missing the amazon deal twice. Thanks for the tip![/QUOTE]

The price dropped to $32.99.

bread's done
Back